Grandy

AB Accused Of Sexual Assault (MERGED)

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

And since I posted the statement from his attorney, here is the accuser's version from the complaint:

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/1_Complaint.pdf

Look, no fan of him or the Pats. But you can sue anyone for anything. The Florida police as of right now are not looking to arrest nor prosecute him. The whole story sounds like  confusion in a work and personal relationship and a money grab. And it was timed to be released on the day he was scheduled to be guaranteed to vest in the Raider' $50 million.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think he's saying there's a difference be consensual sex between willing participants and nonconsensual rape of an unwilling participant.  And he's absolutely right.  But what was done to that woman, if true, is despicable and whether she continued to work for him or not doesn't matter.  This is 100% on Brown and he should face all the consequences he deserves, including criminal in my opinion.

Just because she went back to work for him, initially forgave him or gave him a second chance doesn't matter.  To me it looks like he committed 3 crimes against her and then was stupid enough to write in an email what he did.

Patriots deserve all of this by the way.

Brown better hope he gets Kraft's lawyer and not Aaron Hernandez's.  Actually, they probably have a whole group of lawyers on staff up there in Foxborough for these things.

Don't like the guy, nor the Pats. But if she continued to work with him after this, the story makes no sense. She never went to the local police, so there is no medical rape kit done by any ER doctor. I understand some rape counselors will explain that away, but a jury is not going to buy that. What does make sense; her attorneys disclosed this with great fanfare on the very day the Raiders" $50 million guaranteed contract had been scheduled to vest.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

“Look, I get he’s kind of a creep, but he was just messing around.  Don’t cut off ties over this... you could use the work.  He’s going to be a big star, who knows where this could lead for you.  You could use the money and the connections.  Better off just keeping quiet.  Plus, it’s gross, but it’s not like you actually got hurt.  I’m sure it won’t happen again”

”Are you sure you didn’t lead him on?  I’ve seen the way you are with him.  Probably just a misunderstanding.  Do you really want to ruin his life over this.  It’s going to be your word versus his anyway.  You probably shouldn’t go to the police.  Did you do anything to make him think you were into it?”

So far, based on anything we have seen on the internet , she never went to the police. If this was 1970, well, that was a very different time. The treatment of rape victims was deplorable.  In 2019, I don't find that plausible.

Someone who is a gymnast has heard the name "Larry Nassar" a few times and knows that whole awful story about abuse disguised as treatment. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

You don't find what plausible? This is gonna come up, you know. An explanation for why the incidents were not contemporaneously reported (as roughly two thirds of cases aren't) is going to be demanded and provided. How exactly does one assess the credibility of such explanation before it has even been offered?

Does happen victims come forward after time has passed. Those victims still go to the police, which she has not done. Only caveat is if she was so disraught she was fearful.   I do not find that plausible in this case because rather than go to the police she made her way to some shyster's office and happened to file her lawsuit and release this information on the very day Brown was set to get a huge payday . I don't know the woman, but those are the facts we do know. Based on those admittedly limited facts, can draw some inferences about her, which is rather than call the cops, she is looking for money. Have no doubt Brown is a nasty piece of work, but that's not by itself prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a rapist. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What's to say she didn't want to **** him over, and/because it really happened?

What's to say him being in the news so much wasn't triggering, that she finally decided not to do something.

So because he is a celebrity, that made her make a rape allegation, and not to the police?

Not going to lay out my background, but I have dealt with rape victims "professionally". To be so personally violated, it's awful. By the same token, to so accuse someone without a real legal basis is as bad. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company