AB Accused Of Sexual Assault (MERGED)

Grandy

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Still don’t understand your point. College has nothing to do with it. Consent to have sex is what I was talking about and makes it different than rape. Are you suggesting that Edelman raped someone?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If college has nothing to do with it why do you bring up college

and yes, by definition, consensual sex is non-rape ? 

• Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, Bugg said:

Does happen victims come forward after time has passed. Those victims still go to the police, which she has not done. Only caveat is if she was so disraught she was fearful.   I do not find that plausible in this case because rather than go to the police she made her way to some shyster's office and happened to file her lawsuit and release this information on the very day Brown was set to get a huge payday . I don't know the woman, but those are the facts we do know. Based on those admittedly limited facts, can draw some inferences about her, which is rather than call the cops, she is looking for money. Have no doubt Brown is a nasty piece of work, but that's not by itself prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a rapist. 

And?

You have a choice how to punish AB.  Makes you more believable to file a criminal complaint first?  How?

Proving a civil case is easier, only needs a preponderance of the evidence

Police can still launch an investigation

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Xtina said:

If college has nothing to do with it why do you bring up college

and yes, by definition, consensual sex is non-rape ? 

It turns out we agree then.  I had mentioned college because someone had compared Brown's alleged rape to Edelmen's consensual flings with college girls and I didn't agree.  Of course, college girls have the same rights of consent as any other woman.  I did not intent to suggest otherwise.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Antonio Brown’s stepdad says NFL receiver is ‘very abusive’ toward women

September 13, 2019 | 9:44am | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Antonio Brown
Getty Images

“I can’t tell you that he did what they said he did,” Larry Moss Jr. told USA Today Sports on Friday. “But I know he’s very abusive to women.”

“As far as just raping somebody, (Brown) just feels like he can have whatever he wants,” Moss added. “He’s just empowered that way. So it doesn’t surprise me that this kind of allegation came out about him.”

Moss, 50, hasn’t spoken to Brown since 2005 and admitted the two had a strained relationship in his teenage years.

He helped raise Brown in Miami-Dade County in Florida between ages 5 and 17 and said the star’s history of troubling behavior dates back to his pre-teen years.

“A lot of things that Tony’s doing, nothing surprises me,” he said. “I’m surprised that it took them this long to figure him out. Because he’s been this way since he’s been 12 years old.”

Brown was accused in a lawsuit filed earlier this week of sexually assaulting and raping his former trainer, Britney Taylor, in 2017 and 2018.

In his interview with USA Today Sports, Moss also claimed that Shameika Brailsford, the mother of Brown’s oldest child, Antonio Brown Jr., told him Brown physically abused her.

“She told me that he done jumped on her before,” Moss said. “He done choked her. They done had run-ins.”

Desmond Brown, Antonio’s younger brother, described their childhood as turbulent. The brothers would intervene in physical fights between Moss and their mother, Adrianne Moss.

“This happened numerous times. Then my mom made us leave (home) because she needed her husband’s help with the bills,” Desmond told USA Today Sports in a text message. “Now they’re divorced and we try to rekindle the relationship with our mom but it’s hard.”

Moss — who’s done time for aggravated battery and criminal trespass in the 1990s — denied Desmond’s allegations, saying he and Adrianne only had one physical fight in their 20-year marriage.

He admitted to “whupping” Antonio’s “ass one time with a cord” when he was younger.

“I beat his ass, I did. And that was probably the only time I really chastised him. But it was just one thing after another, one thing after another,” Moss said. “He was just a problem kid, man.”

Antonio’s lawyer, Darren Heitner, told the outlet, “We have no comment at this time,” when told of Moss’ allegations.

Brailsford didn’t return multiple requests for comment by USA Today Sports.

• Thumb Down 1

Why Antonio Brown rape allegations were hidden from the Patriots

September 13, 2019 | 9:40am | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Antonio Brown
Antonio BrownAP

There is a reason why the Patriots were blindsided by the rape allegations against Antonio Brown that surfaced days after they signed the controversial receiver.

Representatives for Brown and accuser Britney Taylor had been in discussions for months but had agreed not to discuss any of it publicly until she filed her civil lawsuit, ESPN.com reported. The specifics of those talks are unclear, but it is commonplace for settlement discussions to take place before an official filing.

A source told ESPN that because the accusations were part of a civil complaint and not a criminal one, Brown was under no obligation to inform the Raiders or Patriots of them.

News of the lawsuit, which alleges Brown sexually assaulted Taylor on three separate occasions, broke on Tuesday night — three days after the Patriots signed him.

Taylor is scheduled to meet with the NFL next week. Brown has been practicing with the Patriots first team and it is possible he will make his debut with New England on Sunday against the Dolphins.

The Patriots’ signing of Brown was largely seen as a coup after the Raiders released him following a tumultuous offseason that included a helmet controversy and a screaming match with general manager Mike Mayock.

The accusations, though, have brought further scrutiny on the team, and a suspension by the NFL is an eventual possibility.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Why Antonio Brown rape allegations were hidden from the Patriots

September 13, 2019 | 9:40am | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Antonio Brown
Antonio BrownAP

There is a reason why the Patriots were blindsided by the rape allegations against Antonio Brown that surfaced days after they signed the controversial receiver.

Representatives for Brown and accuser Britney Taylor had been in discussions for months but had agreed not to discuss any of it publicly until she filed her civil lawsuit, ESPN.com reported. The specifics of those talks are unclear, but it is commonplace for settlement discussions to take place before an official filing.

A source told ESPN that because the accusations were part of a civil complaint and not a criminal one, Brown was under no obligation to inform the Raiders or Patriots of them.

News of the lawsuit, which alleges Brown sexually assaulted Taylor on three separate occasions, broke on Tuesday night — three days after the Patriots signed him.

Taylor is scheduled to meet with the NFL next week. Brown has been practicing with the Patriots first team and it is possible he will make his debut with New England on Sunday against the Dolphins.

The Patriots’ signing of Brown was largely seen as a coup after the Raiders released him following a tumultuous offseason that included a helmet controversy and a screaming match with general manager Mike Mayock.

The accusations, though, have brought further scrutiny on the team, and a suspension by the NFL is an eventual possibility.

I am interested in this article but could not find one of these to read that font:

image.jpeg.24ee5316d15d1e91f34d4c6f9a89ed89.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 9/12/2019 at 6:41 AM, More Cowbell said:

Link

I think considering there are text messages the back up her claims about the masturbating incident, they should do something.  

I read this quickly and my brain registered it as "masturbating accident." lol

I started thinking of AB defending himself, "It was an accident...I swear.  It's not like I did it on purpose.  I accidentally masturbated on her."

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Antonio Brown’s stepdad says NFL receiver is ‘very abusive’ toward women

September 13, 2019 | 9:44am | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Antonio Brown
Getty Images

“I can’t tell you that he did what they said he did,” Larry Moss Jr. told USA Today Sports on Friday. “But I know he’s very abusive to women.”

“As far as just raping somebody, (Brown) just feels like he can have whatever he wants,” Moss added. “He’s just empowered that way. So it doesn’t surprise me that this kind of allegation came out about him.”

Moss, 50, hasn’t spoken to Brown since 2005 and admitted the two had a strained relationship in his teenage years.

He helped raise Brown in Miami-Dade County in Florida between ages 5 and 17 and said the star’s history of troubling behavior dates back to his pre-teen years.

“A lot of things that Tony’s doing, nothing surprises me,” he said. “I’m surprised that it took them this long to figure him out. Because he’s been this way since he’s been 12 years old.”

Brown was accused in a lawsuit filed earlier this week of sexually assaulting and raping his former trainer, Britney Taylor, in 2017 and 2018.

In his interview with USA Today Sports, Moss also claimed that Shameika Brailsford, the mother of Brown’s oldest child, Antonio Brown Jr., told him Brown physically abused her.

“She told me that he done jumped on her before,” Moss said. “He done choked her. They done had run-ins.”

Desmond Brown, Antonio’s younger brother, described their childhood as turbulent. The brothers would intervene in physical fights between Moss and their mother, Adrianne Moss.

“This happened numerous times. Then my mom made us leave (home) because she needed her husband’s help with the bills,” Desmond told USA Today Sports in a text message. “Now they’re divorced and we try to rekindle the relationship with our mom but it’s hard.”

Moss — who’s done time for aggravated battery and criminal trespass in the 1990s — denied Desmond’s allegations, saying he and Adrianne only had one physical fight in their 20-year marriage.

He admitted to “whupping” Antonio’s “ass one time with a cord” when he was younger.

“I beat his ass, I did. And that was probably the only time I really chastised him. But it was just one thing after another, one thing after another,” Moss said. “He was just a problem kid, man.”

Antonio’s lawyer, Darren Heitner, told the outlet, “We have no comment at this time,” when told of Moss’ allegations.

Brailsford didn’t return multiple requests for comment by USA Today Sports.

The last time we heard from an athletes Stepfather, it was Laremy Tunsil. Remember how that went? 

It's safe to say that these stepfathers be having that "gold digger" spirit as well. 

His step dad hasnt spoken to AB since he was 17 years old and made a reference about "AB's ways" back when he was 12. AB is 31 years old today. 

Sounds like a non-story, only to fan flames. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The last time we heard from an athletes Stepfather, it was Laremy Tunsil. Remember how that went? 

It's safe to say that these stepfathers be having that "gold digger" spirit as well. 

His step dad hasnt spoken to AB since he was 17 years old and made a reference about "AB's ways" back when he was 12. AB is 31 years old today. 

By Lia Eustachewich wrote the article not joewilly12 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I did and I cant judge or don't judge an article I just post it. 

Just because I post an article doesn't mean I agree or disagree with it. 

I only asked again because you just said...

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I post articles relevant to the thread under discussion from the NY Post. 

Yet the article has nothing to do with the situation and it's coming from a person who hasnt spoken to him in almost 2 decades. Of all people, THAT person is interviewed???

I was trying to find the relevance, hence the reason why I said that this seems like nothing more than a hit piece trying to fan the flames. 

And folks seem to love it. Not that im surprised, folks are probably anticipating mugshot photos to be released by TMZ so they can be posted all over the place. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet the article has nothing to do with the situation and it's coming from a person who hasnt spoken to him in almost 2 decades. Of all people, THAT person is interviewed???

I was trying to find the relevance, hence the reason why I said that this seems like nothing more than a hit piece trying to fan the flames. 

And folks seem to love it. Not that im surprised, folks are probably anticipating mugshot photos to be released by TMZ so they can be posted all over the place. 

AB is the thread subject the article is related to AB 

I DID NOT WRITE IT. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I was trying to find the relevance, hence the reason why I said that this seems like nothing more than hit pieces trying to fan the flames. 

To be fair, it's very easy to not read an article.  You could skip it.

I don't buy the Post anymore but an article about AB, even one not entirely based in fact, is still an article that someone might want to read.

My father always said, don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

You don't have to believe the article but there is nothing wrong with another poster posting it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It was in the NY Post I read it saw it and thought it was relevant to the AB thread thats why I posted it. 

Nothing more nothing less. 

I understand that. Im just discussing it with the person who posted it. 

If you dont want to discuss what you posted, that's cool. 

Im just commenting on how ridiculous it is. That's not on you directly, since it's clear that you're not the author. 

Im just saying, Dude has a situation at 31 years old and the article is talking about something completely different getting info from a person who hasnt spoken to AB in 2 decades. 

What am I to do, read something and not speak on it on a forum? 

However, it does take two to hold convo. I wont force you to have this convo. I just found the article weird and it just read as a hit piece. sh*t like that I personally dont spread. But we're different. Nothing right or wrong about that, just a personal thing. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I understand that. Im just discussing it with the person who posted it. 

If you dont want to discuss what you posted, that's cool. 

Im just commenting on how ridiculous it is. That's not on you directly, since it's clear that you're not the author. 

Im just saying, Dude has a situation at 31 years old and the article is talking about something completely different getting info from a person who hasnt spoken to AB is 2 decades. 

What am I to do, read something and not speak on it on a forum? 

However, it does take two to hold convo. I wont force you to have this convo. I just found the article weird and it just read as a hit piece. sh*t like that I personally dont spread. But we're different. Nothing right or wrong about that, just a personal thing. 

Ok in your opinion the article sucked I get it. 

I never said I agreed or disagreed with it. 

I didn't write it I just copied and pasted it. 

The article sucked you hated it duly noted. 

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What's the thought process that goes into putting gold digger in quotation marks and slipping be having in there all colloquial and sh*t?

I think this embrace of all things fallacious and counterfactual to the point of reflexively defending a rapist who plays for the Patriots is going to go really well for you here btw.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ok in your opinion the article sucked I get it. 

I never said I agreed or disagreed with it. 

I didn't write it I just copied and pasted it. 

The article sucked you hated it duly noted. 

I know, but im engaging you on what you posted. How can I know what you think, what you agree or disagree with in regards to what you post if I dont enquire?