AB Accused Of Sexual Assault (MERGED)

Grandy

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

“Look, I get he’s kind of a creep, but he was just messing around.  Don’t cut off ties over this... you could use the work.  He’s going to be a big star, who knows where this could lead for you.  You could use the money and the connections.  Better off just keeping quiet.  Plus, it’s gross, but it’s not like you actually got hurt.  I’m sure it won’t happen again”

”Are you sure you didn’t lead him on?  I’ve seen the way you are with him.  Probably just a misunderstanding.  Do you really want to ruin his life over this.  It’s going to be your word versus his anyway.  You probably shouldn’t go to the police.  Did you do anything to make him think you were into it?”

I see the scenario you're presenting, and I'll even run with it. Here is my #1 problem.

Why is she not filing criminal charges but is instead seeking money?

Even if she was convinced to keep quiet, when she finally did go public it was for money...not justice. 

Im not buying it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Look, AB will pay her off with a settlement, won’t get suspended and will catch 12-15 touchdowns from Brady while leaving Gordon in man to man all year where he will violate Defenses

The NFL sucks

here is the issue when Zeke was accused of assaulting a woman he got 6 games and then was acquitted no charges by the police. The same should happen here if everything is fair. Now her pastor says she went to him and after talking with her fiance and then she came out. If she is lying she is cold blooded but he should be suspended pending the investigation. this is not the legal system innocent till proven guilty.

A standard no matter how wrong has been set and needs to be adhered to

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

here is the issue when Zeke was accused of assaulting a woman he got 6 games and then was acquitted no charges by the police. The same should happen here if everything is fair. Now her pastor says she went to him and after talking with her fiance and then she came out. If she is lying she is cold blooded but he should be suspended pending the investigation. this is not the legal system innocent till proven guilty.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowboys-suspended-six-games

Zeke had charges against him. This lady just filed a civil suite. She never went to the police and no charges were filed. He wont miss any time.

13 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Dude this is the Bob Kraft Football League

Goodell and the NFL FO HATE Jerry Jones because he was the only owner who had the balls to publicly state they needed a new commissioner 

So what happens?  Suspension for Zeke while Tyreek Hill gets a big fat donut for child abuse and AB won’t get sh-t and Gordon do they even drug test him anymore?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Happens way more than you’d care to know.  Others not believing you, or minimizing it, just as you are seeing here, is one of the many reasons why.

I hear what you are saying but challenging facts is not disbelief or disrespect. It is not only a necessary and healthy process but also the duty of anyone who proclaims to value truth. And, incidentally, the core principle that has been the bedrock of Western legal systems for centuries to protect all accused against the influence of the passions of the day. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I see the scenario you're presenting, and I'll even run with it. Here is my #1 problem.

Why is she not filing criminal charges but is instead seeking money?

Even if she was convinced to keep quiet, when she finally did go public it was for money...not justice. 

Im not buying it.

This is a situation where “I don’t know” is not only an okay answer, it’s the only intelligent one.  Maybe because she knows, at this point, she can’t criminally prove anything.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

I hear what you are saying but challenging facts is not disbelief or disrespect. It is not only a necessary and healthy process but also the duty of anyone who proclaims to value truth. And, incidentally, the core principle that has been the bedrock of Western legal systems for centuries to protect all accused against the influence of the passions of the day. 

Indeed.  But perhaps those of us with no facts whatsoever aren’t the ones who ought to be litigating this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

“Look, I get he’s kind of a creep, but he was just messing around.  Don’t cut off ties over this... you could use the work.  He’s going to be a big star, who knows where this could lead for you.  You could use the money and the connections.  Better off just keeping quiet.  Plus, it’s gross, but it’s not like you actually got hurt.  I’m sure it won’t happen again”

”Are you sure you didn’t lead him on?  I’ve seen the way you are with him.  Probably just a misunderstanding.  Do you really want to ruin his life over this.  It’s going to be your word versus his anyway.  You probably shouldn’t go to the police.  Did you do anything to make him think you were into it?”

So far, based on anything we have seen on the internet , she never went to the police. If this was 1970, well, that was a very different time. The treatment of rape victims was deplorable.  In 2019, I don't find that plausible.

Someone who is a gymnast has heard the name "Larry Nassar" a few times and knows that whole awful story about abuse disguised as treatment. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Believe me: the only difference is how the police handle the situation and how much external pressure to drop it falls on the victim. Boston sports stars are untouchable in Boston. Especially white ones.

So you are saying that Boston sports stars never have consensual sex?  I don't think that is correct.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Ok, but not relevant here. Who is to say how anyone would react to something so terrible happenning particularly with the power dynamic involved and media circus to follow.

That being said, I'm not assuming he's guilty. I do believe in due process. The whole "I would've done x so she must be lying" is poor thinking

Innocent until proven guilty. 

35 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So far, based on anything we have seen on the internet , she never went to the police. If this was 1970, well, that was a very different time. The treatment of rape victims was deplorable.  In 2019, I don't find that plausible.

You don't find what plausible? This is gonna come up, you know. An explanation for why the incidents were not contemporaneously reported (as roughly two thirds of cases aren't) is going to be demanded and provided. How exactly does one assess the credibility of such explanation before it has even been offered?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

based on anything we have seen on the internet

Also, maybe "everything we've seen on the internet" isn't what we ought to be litigating on.

Why is it so hard not to have a take on a woman you've never met, heard from, or know anything about's credibility?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Indeed.  But perhaps those of us with no facts whatsoever aren’t the ones who ought to be litigating this?

You're welcome to extricate yourself from the thread whenever you wish if you feel unqualified to discuss the subject at hand.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I have no idea of what went down.

It would have been okay to just stop here.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

However, I would think that if she was raped in the manner she claims, she would go to the police prior to filing a lawsuit. 

How many rape and sexual assault victims do you personally know?  Because, most victims don't go to the police.  If you asked JN, it's because it didn't really happen.  If you ask them, you might learn something.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Also, maybe "everything we've seen on the internet" isn't what we ought to be litigating on.

Why is it so hard not to have a take on a woman you've never met, heard from, or know anything about's credibility?

Step 1: Call out others

Step 2: Try to shut down the discussion once others push back