Jump to content
WowOhWow

Anyone work with a guy like this...

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

How is that workin out?

0 and 1 so far .... need to ask outside of belief he will succeed what proof or track record of success without an HOF QB changing his plays has brought him?

I think we are looking at 0-2 with a coach that cant handle the media how do you think that is going to look when after a bad start because of tough schedule will turn out.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

A lot of us knew this all along.  He is a fraud.

Although I was not in favor if the Gase hire let's face it's only 1 game. Let's show a little patience. Let's talk after the season ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That's one thing that bugged me during the game, you HAVE to make adjustments. It's obvious that Sam staying in the pocket wasn't going to work. Roll him out more, throw some screen passes to Bell to slow up those Bill's rushers. Gotta adjust and we did NOTHING.

Except throw the ball really hard at their outstretch arms. That-a teach-em!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I need to watch his presser on youtube. Had no idea he was blaming others. 

Watching this game, i could see not only was Darnold not able to drop back and throw, Sam was missing guys even when he could set his feet. It just wasn't  his day . That said, Bell was running the ball well, and we didn't feed him at all. 17 carries is what you get in a committee,  not when you are on the field every offensive snap. So what we all killed Bowles and every other HC we have had for like forever, not making an adjustment, Gase is already guilty of in a situation that was screaming for one. How hard was this to figure out. You are up 16 nothing and your O has only scored once the whole game. Run the damn ball and eat up the clock. If on third down you have to pass, do it but run the ball. You have a stud RB, use him. 

It's why I left at the end of the 3rd Qrt. I could see the way they were playing they would lose and what was worse, we lost in same old Jets fashion. 

All of you shaking your heads preaching patience,  where have you been the last 10 years. This is the same show with a new cast. And as for Douglass, all I can say is Ficken and Thomas better freaking show up after the way Kahlil and the kicker played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I questioned the hire initially as I didn't want him.  I got on board with it due to the propaganda this board spewed on how he was the perfect hire, right fit for Sam etc.  

Watched the first game and was highly disappointed with the offensive output (albeit vs a good defense).  

Did some research after the game on Gase and his time as OC with the Broncos, Bears and HC of the Dolphins.  His only success came as an OC with one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.  

I'm not sure where the QB whisperer came from but he sure has never proven it.  His offenses without Manning are consistently not only bottom half of the league but in the 20s with some years close to the bottom.  The first game showed me he's trying to turn Darnold into Ryan Tannehill which is not what we want.  

He's consistently at the bottom of the league in 2nd and 3rd and long situations.  

We all wanted Mac gone.  However, we praised someone with this track record for winning an alleged power struggle without ever coaching a game with this franchise.  

All signs point to him failing here and it would not be a surprise if he does.  

I hope for the best but I'm prepared for the worst.  

All this has been pointed out before but the people that hated Bowles and lovedGase, thought things would change. when pointed out with facts they call anyone wwho disagrees about the SOJ fans or haters. I look at facts/stats and previous history and nothing in Gase's previous stops with the exception of having a HOF qb points to a continued track record of winning. 

They will blame the players, and everyone else first before admitting they might be wrong. Just look at the posts here as proof.

Dont get me wrong I wanted Bowles gone but they should have hired a coach with a record of winning in his previous stops not a coach that was fired for being a a$$ alienating his players and having a win lose record below 500.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Although I was not in favor if the Gase hire let's face it's only 1 game. Let's show a little patience. Let's talk after the season ends. 

You are what you are.  And Gase has never been a good coach.  His attitude is even worse.  He couldn’t take the media in Miami.  Not going to last long in NY.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I don't see any issue with holding players accountable... He didn't even name names. His biggest quote was "Guys need to do a better job executing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

What's wrong with calling that? He didn't sit there and name any individual players.

And also, is he wrong? The OL flat out missed assignments, the WRs missed routes or slowed down, the defense fell apart when Mosley left.

I certainly can't predict the future. He could go 0-10 here and get the boot, who knows?

But I didn't see anything wrong with him sending a message to the guys. 

 

 

 

Accountability starts at the top and Gase did not hold himself accountable in most of the comments I saw. Look at Dan Quinns' answer to the media in Atlanta and compare them to Gase and tell me who would be liked better and Quinn has been to the superbowl and is on the hot seat this yr.

 

Lesson for Gase dont be a d*ck admit you were wrong and move on give a straight honest answer to the best ability you can. Don't give a response like  ‘I can basically do what I want’ The mdeia and fans will turn real quick if you lose and give crap responses like that

 

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/09/adam-gase-just-laid-waste-to-jets.html

But here’s the thing about Gase’s confrontational, fire-and-brimstone approach: It’s great when your team is good. Fans could easily fall in love a straight shooter who won’t sugarcoat things just to save players’ feelings – if that coach also produces wins.

But if things go south? Then all of a sudden, this approach will quickly start to look and feel like sour grapes and blame avoidance. Just ask Dolphins fans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

You are what you are.  And Gase has never been a good coach.  His attitude is even worse.  He couldn’t take the media in Miami.  Not going to last long in NY.

Considering the Jets are staring at 0-6, this could get fun real quick. Douglas has gone MIA since he was hired. 
 

Gase knowing what he wants isnt necessarily a bad thing, we just dont know if he wants the right things (personnel). We'll see what happens with Darnold because that's all that matters right now. Getting way ahead here but this upcoming offseason will be unbelievably important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the end game here with all the be patient posters?  Is the hypothesis that once Gase and JD get "their" guys in here we'll be better?  

Can't be worse than Mac (I'll agree with that).  

I have confidence in JD because of what I've read and living in Philly the reports have been that he was integral in selecting many of the current Eagles.  Until proven otherwise I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Where I'm extremely concerned is with Gase.  There's literally nothing I can point to that gives me confidence this will improve.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rammagen said:

Accountability starts at the top and Gase did not hold himself accountable in most of the comments I saw. Look at Dan Quinns' answer to the media in Atlanta and compare them to Gase and tell me who would be liked better and Quinn has been to the superbowl and is on the hot seat this yr.

 

Lesson for Gase dont be a d*ck admit you were wrong and move on give a straight honest answer to the best ability you can. Don't give a response like  ‘I can basically do what I want’ The mdeia and fans will turn real quick if you lose and give crap responses like that

I don't think there's a one size fits all way of coaching. 

You know who else took all the heat and wouldn't hold a player accountable? Todd Bowels. He constantly talked himself down and how he had to do better. He used to constantly praise  the team after terrible loses.  They never responded to that. Maybe some teams do. Maybe some teams rally around their coach for guarding them and come out and play harder... But maybe some don't. 

Maybe sometimes you have a group of guys that needs a fire lit under them more than they need to be protected. Who knows what that locker room is like?

Look again, I have no idea what's going to happen. I have no idea if it's the right or wrong move... I just don't think it's right to completely condemn him for saying his team needs to play better... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rammagen said:

0 and 1 so far .... need to ask outside of belief he will succeed what proof or track record of success without an HOF QB changing his plays has brought him?

I think we are looking at 0-2 with a coach that cant handle the media how do you think that is going to look when after a bad start because of tough schedule will turn out.?

So loser Coach + loser org. = Loser.......

Relax JD is here. It takes time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I guess I need to watch his presser on youtube. Had no idea he was blaming others. 

Watching this game, i could see not only was Darnold not able to drop back and throw, Sam was missing guys even when he could set his feet. It just wasn't  his day . That said, Bell was running the ball well, and we didn't feed him at all. 17 carries is what you get in a committee,  not when you are on the field every offensive snap. So what we all killed Bowles and every other HC we have had for like forever, not making an adjustment, Gase is already guilty of in a situation that was screaming for one. How hard was this to figure out. You are up 16 nothing and your O has only scored once the whole game. Run the damn ball and eat up the clock. If on third down you have to pass, do it but run the ball. You have a stud RB, use him. 

It's why I left at the end of the 3rd Qrt. I could see the way they were playing they would lose and what was worse, we lost in same old Jets fashion. 

All of you shaking your heads preaching patience,  where have you been the last 10 years. This is the same show with a new cast. And as for Douglass, all I can say is Ficken and Thomas better freaking show up after the way Kahlil and the kicker played. 

The Bills were stacking the box in the 2nd half, play-action passes were the way to go.  However a huge problem was the Bills were able to generate substantial pressure with their front 4 (sometimes three) leaving 7-8 covering our crappy receivers.  Meanwhile, our alleged great DL couldn't generate pressure even when we blitzed.  Leo was invisible most of the game even though he played every snap (or perhaps that is a problem in its own - what happened the GWs DL rotation).  If there is not a significant improvement on Monday night we may be looking at a 1-6 or 0-7 start and if that happens I would hope for a complete disaster 1-15 season that gets us a #1 pick in a draft where that position would yield an epic haul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The Bills were stacking the box in the 2nd half, play-action passes were the way to go.  However a huge problem was the Bills were able to generate substantial pressure with their front 4 (sometimes three) leaving 7-8 covering our crappy receivers.  Meanwhile, our alleged great DL couldn't generate pressure even when we blitzed.  Leo was invisible most of the game even though he played every snap (or perhaps that is a problem in its own - what happened the GWs DL rotation).  If there is not a significant improvement on Monday night we may be looking at a 1-6 or 0-7 start and if that happens I would hope for a complete disaster 1-15 season that gets us a #1 pick in a draft where that position would yield an epic haul.

Even with a stacked box, Bell was still producing  when called on. If he was given 25 touches he would have gotten 100 yards. Even if they were stoning Bell which they weren't,  throw a bunch of deep passes over the middle if everyone is cheating up to the line. You have Crowder and Enunwa who are good at this. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlightBoyz said:

1 game in & fans already want Gase gone is asinine. This fan base never ceases to amaze me. 

to be fair, I wanted him gone from the moment he was hired because I knew this type of stuff would be the result.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You know, the self promoter.  Climber.  Person that will say or do anything to move up the ranks.  Who throws others under the bus to save his/her behind.  Who everyone knows is crazy and full of it and a culture killer/cancer...but for some reason is the favored son.  
Yea - that's our HC.
Who would want to play for this guy let alone be around him?  He did this crap in Miami.  He's doing it here.  Never his fault...always someone else's.
Spare me the "it's only one game" crap.  He's been a jerk since day 1 in Miami and he's doing it again here.  But hey, he got rid of Mac for us and got us JD.
This guy is bad news.  13-20 and it's never his fault.
What's unreal is that posters in this forum could have handled the last 5-6 drafts better than our paid professional GM's and could have handled the Bill's post game better than our HC.  Take the blame for the kicker.  For the conservative game plan.  Move on.  But nope...shred the players.
He's a joke.
 

You ever work with a team that can't get the job done ... But no matter what they get patted on the back with sayings like ... you can get em next time ... It's ok ...it's not your fault ... You will do better next time
.. over.and over.and over and over ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

The Chicken Little the sky is falling crowd has always been a big group here. But if they didn't have this board they would have to pay for therapy. Max provides a safe space for lunatic Jet fans..B)

The chicken little group has been right about 98.6% of the things they have chicken littled about over the years.

The happy happy joy club has been right about 0.4% of the time.

Once the Jets brass actually proves they have any clue at all, that means being a good org for 5 or 6 years then they will get belief and leeway.

Until then they need to shut up and put up.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg William's will be our HC mid season. And next year, Sam will be learning his 3rd offense in 3 years. We are doomed for life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

So loser Coach + loser org. = Loser.......

Relax JD is here. It takes time though.

I dont have an issue with rebuilding and I am relaxed what I have along with several other people is the coach and hype he got + the way he acts. If you are going to talk the talk at least be willing to be a leader and accept responsibility for yourself before you get cocky. there is nothing wrong with being humble it will get you further in life..

His body of work is nothing to grand to warrant all the adoration he receives. being realistic I have more faith in the gm and staff JD put together then I have in head coach, I think most people feel like was the right hire maybe at the wrong time. If you replace the gm it should have been done before free agency so he would have time to find the type of players he wants.

Basically the way the Jets handled this off season is almost a write off for any long term success.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dunnie said:


You ever work with a team that can't get the job done ... But no matter what they get patted on the back with sayings like ... you can get em next time ... It's ok ...it's not your fault ... You will do better next time
.. over.and over.and over and over ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

you ever work for jerk and he is a part of the reason for the failures? ....Just asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deucebag said:

The Bills were stacking the box in the 2nd half, play-action passes were the way to go.  However a huge problem was the Bills were able to generate substantial pressure with their front 4 (sometimes three) leaving 7-8 covering our crappy receivers.  Meanwhile, our alleged great DL couldn't generate pressure even when we blitzed.  Leo was invisible most of the game even though he played every snap (or perhaps that is a problem in its own - what happened the GWs DL rotation).  If there is not a significant improvement on Monday night we may be looking at a 1-6 or 0-7 start and if that happens I would hope for a complete disaster 1-15 season that gets us a #1 pick in a draft where that position would yield an epic haul.

fins are tanking on purpose I still think the 2nd half of the schedule is easier then the first half 7-9 is quite realistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

I don't think there's a one size fits all way of coaching. 

You know who else took all the heat and wouldn't hold a player accountable? Todd Bowels. He constantly talked himself down and how he had to do better. He used to constantly praise  the team after terrible loses.  They never responded to that. Maybe some teams do. Maybe some teams rally around their coach for guarding them and come out and play harder... But maybe some don't. 

Maybe sometimes you have a group of guys that needs a fire lit under them more than they need to be protected. Who knows what that locker room is like?

Look again, I have no idea what's going to happen. I have no idea if it's the right or wrong move... I just don't think it's right to completely condemn him for saying his team needs to play better... 

again if you read and understood my point it..there is no issue calling out players there is an issue of calling out players and acting like a d*ck. look at his answers did he take some of the responsibility yes but when ask specific questions his answers were crap and will alienate people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Greg William's will be our HC mid season. And next year, Sam will be learning his 3rd offense in 3 years. We are doomed for life!

Actually, I think Sam is going to be Gase's saving grace. He will get this figured out and produce

 The great ones always do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

You know, the self promoter.  Climber.  Person that will say or do anything to move up the ranks.  Who throws others under the bus to save his/her behind.  Who everyone knows is crazy and full of it and a culture killer/cancer...but for some reason is the favored son.  

Yea - that's our HC.

Who would want to play for this guy let alone be around him?  He did this crap in Miami.  He's doing it here.  Never his fault...always someone else's.

Spare me the "it's only one game" crap.  He's been a jerk since day 1 in Miami and he's doing it again here.  But hey, he got rid of Mac for us and got us JD.

This guy is bad news.  13-20 and it's never his fault.

What's unreal is that posters in this forum could have handled the last 5-6 drafts better than our paid professional GM's and could have handled the Bill's post game better than our HC.  Take the blame for the kicker.  For the conservative game plan.  Move on.  But nope...shred the players.

He's a joke.

 

phukk off troll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

For the 4th time... (I think)

I stand behind the hire of Adam Gase.

That's awesome.  Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

phukk off troll

Good answer.  Do you have anything meaningful to add to this discussion?  If not, please go away.  

I'll be happy to read and try to understand your point of view if you have one.  If you don't, please don't try to turn this post/discussion into a name calling exercise.

I've got an opinion that our HC is not right for our team.  I don't believe in him.  And nothing he has done up until this point has changed my mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We lost a football game by 1 point......waaaa"

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

 

I've got an opinion that our HC is not right for our team.  I don't believe in him.  And nothing he has done up until this point has changed my mind.

 

thats one thing - and who knows what'll happen? am not a fan nor an antiGase guy 

CRAZY CULTURE KILLER  is pure imbecilic drivel...   so meaningful?

am not an alchemist , neither is the HC, as if Parcells could win with the povefrty roster...

Trumaine Johnson...   just ponder how bad this player is and how much he is being paid....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rammagen said:

Lesson for Gase dont be a d*ck admit you were wrong

What if Gase doesn't feel that way? What then, it's a personal affont? Let's simply treat him like an 0-1 coach and hope we can improve on Monday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

You know, the self promoter.  Climber.  Person that will say or do anything to move up the ranks.  Who throws others under the bus to save his/her behind.  Who everyone knows is crazy and full of it and a culture killer/cancer...but for some reason is the favored son.  

Yea - that's our HC.

Who would want to play for this guy let alone be around him?  He did this crap in Miami.  He's doing it here.  Never his fault...always someone else's.

Spare me the "it's only one game" crap.  He's been a jerk since day 1 in Miami and he's doing it again here.  But hey, he got rid of Mac for us and got us JD.

This guy is bad news.  13-20 and it's never his fault.

What's unreal is that posters in this forum could have handled the last 5-6 drafts better than our paid professional GM's and could have handled the Bill's post game better than our HC.  Take the blame for the kicker.  For the conservative game plan.  Move on.  But nope...shred the players.

He's a joke.

 

Hey, I spent money on Jets Browns tickets. I expect to see an improvement. Don’t get me down with this. I want a win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase get credit from me for forcing McCagnan out

Gase gets blame from me for week 1 gameplan/team performance

my reportcard for him currently is showing - Incomplete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sackdance said:

What if Gase doesn't feel that way? What then, it's a personal affont? Let's simply treat him like an 0-1 coach and hope we can improve on Monday night.

The he has not grown as a coach or person cause that is one of the reasons he was fired in Miami and has a losing record. And this is treating as a 0-1 coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...