Enunwa out for season

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Confirmed:  If Enunwa retires because he can't play in the NFL anymore, next year the Jets are on the hook for his $6 million base salary AND the remaining $5.4 million from the signing bonus accelerates onto the cap.

So the Jets could be on the hook for an $11.4 million cap hit next year.

#thanksMacc

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

What a bummer. looking at his contract just now, looks like he is guaranteed a little over 4 million if he is injured and cannot pass a physical by the start of next years season. Will probably be on the team next year one way or another. Below is his contract details.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/quincy-enunwa-14620/

Guy gets hurt all the time.  Macc fails to put an injury clause in the contract.  Awesome.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Those of you who are complaining about his contract need to get real. Good for him getting paid.

Of course Paccagnan upvoted this.

The problem is there's this thing called the salary cap.  You have to bake into the equation that a player gets hurt a lot before paying him, or the team gets hurt.  An extension would have been OK had there been protections in place when he inevitably got hurt.  There wasn't, so the Jets get screwed again even with Macc gone.  

Ridiculous.  

Feel bad for Q, but there was no reason to sign him to an extension at all until he proved he could stay healthy.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Just like chad pennington minus 2 division finals, second place in the mvp voting and multiple playoff victories.

Enunwa is like if chad pennington sucked.

I thought it was obvious I was referring to his inability to stay healthy, but rage on my friend.

Enunwa didn't suck when he was healthy fwiw.

• Upvote 1

When can we even cut him with a low salary cap hit? 2021? Lol. This sucks.

it also explains the trade for DT.
hell now that I know this, I say grab another FA WR or something. This isn’t okay to sit on. We don’t have depth to begin with.

Isn’t Burnett still out there? Seems odd that no one has grabbed him. Maybe he’s not all that we thought he was. I’m a fan but something is up

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

So with Shepherd suspended and Q out, that opened 2 roster spots.

1 was used for D. Thomas. Hoping they bring in one more WR. Don't want it to be Dortch or Smith from PS

They could promote Josh Malone from PS or sign someone they worked out yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guy gets hurt all the time.  Macc fails to put an injury clause in the contract.  Awesome.

Actually...just the opposite.

Macc specifically put an injury guarantee in the contract for the first two years of base salary.  Which is even worse when you're dealing with a player who already had a serious neck injury and could be one tackle away from a career-ender.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Macc specifically put an injury guarantee in the contract for the first two years of base salary.  Which is even worse when you're dealing with a player who already had a serious neck injury and could be one tackle away from a career-ender.

Wtf

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

For f**k's sake.  

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You need immediate production. Is a slow guy from Kennesaw State really your first choice?

Sumpter has good hands, High points the ball and can win 50/50 battles.

Malone was drafted out of Tenn in the 4th round in 2017 and is taller and faster then quincy.

With the WRs they have on staff... All they have is fast WRs... sans DT, don't you need to have a WR to have good hands.

Either way its not going to happen but seriously, I am sure you have never seen either of these 2 play... So I am not sure you have any basis for judgement.