Enunwa out for season

54 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Forgot about him. Interesting. Not sure he's had enough time with the playbook to be able to contribute yet.

True but at this point all he'll need to know is what's in the gameplan..Not sure anyone off the street would be any further along unless you want to coax Decker out of retirement

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Not that I care but am I really getting thumbs down and butt fumbles for this post? Do people think enunwa is good? Or do they don't think Chad was at least decent 

Enunwa was reliable and showed flashes when he wasn't injured. To neglect his production during those games is a disservice to his career as it would be to Chad's. in 2018 he had a great start to the season... He was trending in the right direction... giving him that contract was insane at the time and looks even worse now. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sumpter has good hands, High points the ball and can win 50/50 battles.

Malone was drafted out of Tenn in the 4th round in 2017 and is taller and faster then quincy.

With the WRs they have on staff... All they have is fast WRs... sans DT, don't you need to have a WR to have good hands.

Either way its not going to happen but seriously, I am sure you have never seen either of these 2 play... So I am not sure you have any basis for judgement.

I appreciate your input, but I'm not sure I get your tone.  Actually, I have been bouncing through the thread again and I get it now.  I guess I seemed kind of douchey.  I just meant a small school guy that slow is probably more of a project.  I've seen plenty of Malone.  Haven't seen Sumpter, but I doubt many have.  I probably know as much about the UDFA types as anybody else around here. 

I disagree a bit with your philosophy.  If all you are doing is looking for hands, then Burnett is probably your guy.  I think they are looking for YAC.  Enunwa was fairly big and fast and ran very well with the ball.  From what I have read about Sumpter, I don't see him providing much YAC - winning 50-50 balls is YBC.  If it were me, I would probably try to phase Montgomery into more of a receiving role.  He should be good on those screens and slants they used to feed Enunwa.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Enunwa was reliable and showed flashes when he wasn't injured. To neglect his production during those games is a disservice to his career as it would be to Chad's. in 2018 he had a great start to the season... He was trending in the right direction... giving him that contract was insane at the time and looks even worse now. 

He is a jag or was. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's like Macc intentionally sabotaged the Jets over his 5 years here.  And somehow people STILL defend him.  Holy sh*t.  It's like Stockholm Syndrome.  

There’s really only one brain dead poster around here that still defends Maccagnan.  At this point he must just be trolling though because no one in their right mind can defend Maccagnan’s record.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Bring up Malone and sign Sumpter to the PS... or just sign Sumpter

Go back to the WRs they worked out yesterday......I'm guessing one of those guys will be signed to 53 or PS..Most are 6'2"+

On January 7, 2019, Agudosi (6'6") signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.  He was waived during final roster cuts on August 30, 2019. 

DeAndre Thompkins UDFA of Eagles was also waived August 30th

Darboh was '17 3rd pick of seahawks (seems he has some injury history) 

Hogan & Veasy were with Colts so Rex Hogan knows of him

Howard Balzer @HBalzer721

Jets tryouts reported: WRs Carlton Agudosi, Amara Darboh, Krishawn Hogan, Joe Horn Jr, DeAndre Thompkins, Jordan veasy, Kendall Wright; 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Go back to the WRs they worked out yesterday......I'm guessing one of those guys will be signed to 53 or PS..Most are 6'2"+

On January 7, 2019, Agudosi (6'6") signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.  He was waived during final roster cuts on August 30, 2019. 

DeAndre Thompkins UDFA of Eagles was also waived August 30th

Darboh was '17 3rd pick of seahawks (seems he has some injury history) 

Hogan & Veasy were with Colts so Rex Hogan knows of him

Howard Balzer @HBalzer721

Jets tryouts reported: WRs Carlton Agudosi, Amara Darboh, Krishawn Hogan, Joe Horn Jr, DeAndre Thompkins, Jordan veasy, Kendall Wright; 

Yeah, I get it... they didn't work him out... but promoting Malone may be worth while and signing one of these guys to PS sans Wright.

3 hours ago, slats said:

Darnold completed fourteen passes to Crowder and another half-dozen to Bell. He has sandlot chemistry with Herndon, too, when he gets back. He has plenty of blankets. What he needs is an X receiver who can get separation, just not of his vertebrae. 

By the time we get Herndon back we will be 0-6