Would it be smart to “tank” the Pats game?

54 minutes ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Obviously it will never happen in the NFL, but it’s not as far fetched as you think. Even if the Jets play well we all know they are losing that game. New England is too good, and the refs are on their payroll if needed. 

Take the L with Siemien and the backups, give the starters a two week bye to rest up, and task the coaches to prepare for the Eagles on the road

It would be interesting to see how a team with two bye weeks performs compared to the rest of the league with one bye week. 

We need Darnold to gain experience in tough games like that for his growth moving forward. I am of the belief like Parcell's used to say that the only thing he learned from losing is that he was sick, but like anything else in life it does allow you to try to correct mistakes so you can avoid them in the future.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

people were talking about playoffs  like a week ago

PLAYOFFS

Since you referenced one of the best HC post game interviews with the CAPS we'll bring up another oldie but goody we all remember from our Jets days of past, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME". "You don't just play to play" as Herm Edwards preached. This applies here and as always, you always keep the pressure on the opponents since anything is possible. Hey I look at it as glass half full all the time. Call me crazy, but we somehow pull out a victory Monday night against the Browns and then when we play NE the week later it will be for 1st place since a win against them would make both teams 2-1. Assuming they beat the Fins in that hit humid weather on Miami with Fitzloser at the helm. Hey stranger things have happened, I was initially shocked to see a trade between the Jets and Pats, but I suppose it's a new day.

1 hour ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Obviously it will never happen in the NFL, but it’s not as far fetched as you think. Even if the Jets play well we all know they are losing that game. New England is too good, and the refs are on their payroll if needed. 

Take the L with Siemien and the backups, give the starters a two week bye to rest up, and task the coaches to prepare for the Eagles on the road. 

It would be interesting to see how a team with two bye weeks performs compared to the rest of the league with one bye week. 

Why not just rest everyone for 3 months and prepare to end the year on a high note in Week 17?

• Upvote 1

There should be a two part screening process for this forum. Part 1: screening to make sure your account isn’t a troll account. Part 2: provide examples of threads previously started and based off history, you’re allowed to join or not. This is a horrible idea and thread. You should have your thread making privileges revoked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Take the L with Siemien and the backups, give the starters a two week bye to rest up, and task the coaches to prepare for the Eagles on the road. 

Wow.

There have been some off the wall OPs here lately, but this one takes the cake.

Sorry dude, but you’re now in the “can never take seriously HOF”.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  says we are. 

We are.  Have a little faith, people.  Some forget their Jets history.

1991: Opened 1-3, made the playoffs at 8-8.

1998: Lost the first two games, started 0-2, made the playoffs at 12-4.

2001: Lost first game, started 1-2, made the playoffs at 10-6.

2002: Opened 1-4, won the division and made the playoffs at 9-7.

2009: Opened 4-6, made the playoffs at 9-7.

2010: Lost first game, won the next 5, made the playoffs at 11-5.

Getting off to a crappy start and finishing strong has been a Jets playoff hallmark for the last 30 years.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Posts like this make me fear the attack on masculinity is real and that society has become too sensitive and soft. 

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are.  Have a little faith, people.  Some forget their Jets history.

1991: Opened 1-3, made the playoffs at 8-8.

1998: Lost the first two games, started 0-2, made the playoffs at 12-4.

2001: Lost first game, started 1-2, made the playoffs at 10-6.

2002: Opened 1-4, won the division and made the playoffs at 9-7.

2009: Opened 4-6, made the playoffs at 9-7.

2010: Lost first game, won the next 5, made the playoffs at 11-5.

Getting off to a crappy start and finishing strong has been a Jets playoff hallmark for the last 30 years.

SAR I

I hear you and I thought about this, myself. 

The problem is the early schedule. We have a legit chance to be 0-6. Now, I would guess that we will win one of the games that no one thinks we will win, because we tend to do that from time to time. But still, we aren't going anywhere starting 1-5, either. 

Basically, we need to win three of: Cleveland, @NE, @Philly, Dallas, NE, @ Jacksonville to have any chance of still being alive for the playoffs in December. 

Well, the fact is as much as the Jets suck, they WILL give it their all in the patsy game. The Jets are a terrible team so they'll lose anyway. I'm already enjoying getting angry week in and out, but my eyes are already firmly focused on April 2020. That, imo, is when this horrible organization could actually start getting things right.

Okay. Let's see your resume.
400867961-13692.jpg.2f298ed5325981c4a5536ddc3c594948.jpg

Don’t know how to check my history of thread creation, but I am 100% confident they are informative, useful and above all else, not requesting simien start over Sam darnold against the patriots to tank the game. Clown status

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I hear you and I thought about this, myself. 

The problem is the early schedule. We have a legit chance to be 0-6. Now, I would guess that we will win one of the games that no one thinks we will win, because we tend to do that from time to time. But still, we aren't going anywhere starting 1-5, either. 

Basically, we need to win three of: Cleveland, @NE, @Philly, Dallas, NE, @ Jacksonville to have any chance of still being alive for the playoffs in December. 

We Jet Fans are in the Bizarro World where we look at the team and think its good, but when compared to most other teams its clearly worse.  

The Bills were the most beatable team, on paper, of our first 6 games.  This is going to be a rough season, but its ok.

Bowles clearly took the strategy to avoid blowouts rather than "play to win the game." 

If players are playing hard and developing, and the coaches are working on creating good game plans, this season has value.  But most important is that Darnold is not hurt.   Look at how long it took to draft a QB that resembles a FQB.  We can't get him hurt and end up with another Andrew Luck.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

@Maxman This is exhibit A as to why reaching the 4 million post mark is really not all that impressive.  

• Haha 3