GeraldSowell33

Would it be smart to “tank” the Pats game?

Play the second stringers ...see what or backup QB can do ....aybe he can hit a target beyond 10 yards.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve been seeing this thread all day and have resisted the urge to open it. Finally clicked on it. It’s as bad as I expected.

6 hours ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Obviously it will never happen in the NFL, but it’s not as far fetched as you think. Even if the Jets play well we all know they are losing that game. New England is too good, and the refs are on their payroll if needed. 

Take the L with Siemien and the backups, give the starters a two week bye to rest up, and task the coaches to prepare for the Eagles on the road. 

It would be interesting to see how a team with two bye weeks performs compared to the rest of the league with one bye week. 

Welcome Back, @WayneChrebet80!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GeraldSowell33 said:

Obviously it will never happen in the NFL, but it’s not as far fetched as you think.

Um, you kind of lost me with your very first sentence.

If it will never happen, then it IS far fetched...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I don't ever want to see Siemien play a single snap for this team, EVER.

lol....jinxy!

I think the OP was onto something here. I mean, does anyone here actually believe that Darnold has mono?

21 hours ago, Pac said:

that's the worst idea ive ever heard.

And on THIS board that's saying a lot !   lol

• Thumb Down 1

Here we go with the tank talk. Week 2 of the season. 

Really?

I could see G. Williams and Gase now, “OK guys let’s just pack it in for the season, it’s over.” 

Tankers are quitters!

If anyone’s ever played competitive sports it’s not a word in their vocabulary. 

I’ve played football, baseball, boxed and powerlifted and never once, ever, no matter how bad I was getting beat or what our record was  would ever consider quitting.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, GeraldSowell33 said:

Obviously it will never happen in the NFL, but it’s not as far fetched as you think. Even if the Jets play well we all know they are losing that game. New England is too good, and the refs are on their payroll if needed. 

Take the L with Siemien and the backups, give the starters a two week bye to rest up, and task the coaches to prepare for the Eagles on the road. 

It would be interesting to see how a team with two bye weeks performs compared to the rest of the league with one bye week. 

Play all the starters and put a bounty on Cindy and Brown.