the of Sam Darnold

Losmeister

bad throws are everybody elses fault...   it's the lines fault, its the WRs fault, its the coaches fault...

no, Robby isnt a muscle bound 6'3" 230  win the 50/50 guy...  I wish he was too. 

He's decent and can help a team win.

for me, I think Cliff Branch, but taller

how many season did CB have 7 or more TDs ya think?

• Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

LMAO.

Cliff Branch was a first team all-pro WR three different times (that means, he was considered one of the two best WRs in the sport on at least three different occasions), led the league in receiving yards once, and led the league in receiving TDs twice. 

I like Robby and defend him on here a fair amount. 

But calm down. 

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

You shouldn't use the words Cliff Branch and Robbie in the same paragraph. Dumb.

cliff branch had 4 seasons with 7 or more TDs. 12 and 13 being his highest, with a HOF QB.

Robbie has 15 TDs in his fiorst 3 years, 1 less than CLiff Branch had...(CB's year 3 he had 13) also his 15 TD in years 1-3 is one more than James Lofton....who actually has an almost identical body type.

will he have a cliff branch career? if he stays healthy and he's got a QB who isnt middle or bottom third?

You guys want him to be Mike Evans..  he's not that guy, he's lean speed ...

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I usually like your posts. Not now. It's way too early and this kid hasn't even played a full season yet dude. And if you have seen or heard anything from him or the people around him, he doesn't blame anybody. What happens at happy hour should stay at happy hour LOL

I’m thinking the OP is directing those comments to fans not Darnold. Fans are the ones making excuses for Darnold. He didn’t play great. It is what it is. I’m still expecting a great year from him. Week 1 wasn’t it.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

bad throws are everybody elses fault...   it's the lines fault, its the WRs fault, its the coaches fault...

no, Robby isnt a muscle bound 6'3" 230  win the 50/50 guy...  I wish he was too. 

He's decent and can help a team win.

for me, I think Cliff Branch, but taller

how many season did CB have 7 or more TDs ya think?

I am confident that someone is going to ultimately blame  Robby Anderson for this thread, as well as for Darnold's strep throat.

?

7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I usually like your posts. Not now. It's way too early and this kid hasn't even played a full season yet dude. And if you have seen or heard anything from him or the people around him, he doesn't blame anybody. What happens at happy hour should stay at happy hour LOL

let me be clear...  i AM NOT tryna say he is cliff branch...  i am using the clearest examples i can think of a guy who was a speed kills WR,.,, Cliff played with multiple HOF including his QB. What i am saying he is I thiknk he can be effective... 

and that Sam shouldnt be credited with good throws that arent actually good throws...    I am not down on Sam...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

let me be clear...  i AM NOT tryna say he is cliff branch...  i am using the clearest examples i can think of a guy who was a speed kills WR,.,, Cliff played with multiple HOF including his QB. What i am saying he is I thiknk he can be effective... 

and that Sam shouldnt be credited with good throws that arent actually good throws...    I am not down on Sam...

Um yeah...No.

13 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

cliff branch had 4 seasons with 7 or more TDs. 12 and 13 being his highest, with a HOF QB.

Robbie has 15 TDs in his fiorst 3 years, 1 less than CLiff Branch had...(CB's year 3 he had 13) also his 15 TD in years 1-3 is one more than James Lofton....who actually has an almost identical body type.

will he have a cliff branch career? if he stays healthy and he's got a QB who isnt middle or bottom third?

You guys want him to be Mike Evans..  he's not that guy, he's lean speed ...

What a strange hill to die on

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’m thinking the OP is directing those comments to fans not Darnold. Fans are the ones making excuses for Darnold. He didn’t play great. It is what it is. I’m still expecting a great year from him. Week 1 wasn’t it.

Agreed. Le'Veon Bell and Jamison Crowder both played great. Our head coach called a complete s*** game on offense and our quarterback played like he was scared and it was his first game all over again. However in the press conference, Gase gave credit where credit was due and said that Sam ..was frustrated at the play calling and actually came to him and said that. The offensive line obviously played together for the first time... Anderson looked like complete crap no excuses. There is no pussification of Sam. He's a kid and just turned 21 years old and it was his first game in a new offense. The offensive line needs to gel and Sam needs to be let loose and everything will be fine. And if number 11 doesn't take the bull by the horns and make an impact than that's on him.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ima blamed my creaky sacroiliac joint on him...

When in doubt, blame Robby Anderson.

It fixes everything. 

This reminds me of the Rex and Sanchez/Geno years when we would lose a game 10-14 with the QB throwing 4 or 5 ints, the defense scoring 7 of our 10 points and Rex is at the presser talking about how the defense has to step up and do more. 

Anything but the freaking QB. 

So Jetsy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It fixes everything. 

This reminds me of the Rex and Sanchez/Geno years when we would lose a game 10-14 with the QB throwing 4 or 5 ints, the defense scoring 7 of those points and Rex is at the presser talking about how the defense has to step up and do more. 

So Jetsy.

Rex was an insecure, narcissistic moron who was always trying to make himself be more important than the team.

Jets fans as a whole largely blame the QBs for everything. 

29 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Rex was an insecure, narcissistic moron who was always trying to make himself be more important than the team.

Jets fans as a whole largely blame the QBs for everything

Adam Gase blamed Robby Anderson for a play that was clearly on Darnold. 

I was making a coach to coach comparison.

I should have been more specific.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It fixes everything. 

This reminds me of the Rex and Sanchez/Geno years when we would lose a game 10-14 with the QB throwing 4 or 5 ints and Rex is at the presser talking about how the defense has to step up and do more. 

So Jetsy.

Sam’s going to ball out at some point. Hopefully it’s on Monday, because Mayfield is going to torch us. If Mayfield picks us apart and Darnold struggles, Jets fans may need to see a witch doctor by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Agreed. Le'Veon Bell and Jamison Crowder both played great. Our head coach called a complete s*** game on offense and our quarterback played like he was scared and it was his first game all over again. However in the press conference, Gase gave credit where credit was due and said that Sam ..was frustrated at the play calling and actually came to him and said that. The offensive line obviously played together for the first time... Anderson looked like complete crap no excuses. There is no pussification of Sam. He's a kid and just turned 21 years old and it was his first game in a new offense. The offensive line needs to gel and Sam needs to be let loose and everything will be fine. And if number 11 doesn't take the bull by the horns and make an impact than that's on him.

Exactly, players have bad games.  On to the next one and I am hoping we roll.  He seemed a bit off in pregame, just his facial expressions, he looked worried honestly.  Hope he comes out with a tiger mentality that he is going to score pts.  we need him to with OBJ, Landry and Noku up next.  they are gunna toy with our secondary.  

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

There is no pussification of Sam. He's a kid and just turned 21 years old and it was his first game in a new offense.

you contradicted yourself pretty quick. no pussification followed by excuse.

deep threat is open deep for TD 3x and the QB didnt make the throw.

lets hope that changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

There is nothing macho, or down to earth, or real, or smart, about assuming that every incompletion is the QBs fault. If you want to take that simpleton approach... be my guest. But I’m not going to do that. I go out of my way to provide detailed opinions with video/photo evidence when possible. If you disagree with me... fine, but your point or view isn’t any more valid. It’s the problem with society today, everything is black or white. There is no nuance to anything, the result is all that matters. Whatever though.