the diminished mental capacity of the Board

jetstream23

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

everything is the end of the world.  ....If you lose a home game by 1 point it's time to fire the Coach and cut the QB

we have posters more interested in being right about the 1 out of 35 things they said 6 months ago than having an honest discussion

A mix of uneducated buffoons, arm chair GMs and PFF reading experts is a recipe for disaster thread after thread following a bad loss

Agreed, but this has been true as long as I've been reading internet forums (a long time).  This was true on the old Jets Insider board, and many others.

Some people are fanboys or haters of player X, coach Y, GM Z, etc.  And, sure enough, they pounce every chance they get to tell others about it.  Then there's the ones who want instant gratification. Like, when are we getting a new kicker (this posted on the very same day the Jets were trying out kickers...). Those are the ones I have a harder time laughing it and moving on to another thread.

There are/were quite a few guys here seriously overrating this team.  This was NEVER going to be a playoff team, what with the drafting in the last 5-6 years.  With their view of the Jets starting to shatter, the current GM and coach are to blame!

Etc. 

:-)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

everything is the end of the world.  ....If you lose a home game by 1 point it's time to fire the Coach and cut the QB

we have posters more interested in being right about the 1 out of 35 things they said 6 months ago than having an honest discussion

A mix of uneducated buffoons, arm chair GMs and PFF reading experts is a recipe for disaster thread after thread following a bad loss

Sorry, deleted duplicate post.

Edited by TheClashFan
duplicate post

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

for me, I think of the Jerry Springer show...but like about sports or something with endless Reply buttons

I'm hoping that time, maybe a calm walk through the forest with Jeremy Bates, a nice cold adult beverage, or some time with the gf/wife who some of our posters can't seem to watch football with will help.

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

#IsThisTheFireGaseThread  #IsThisTheCutDarnoldThread  #AmIAtTheRightThreadToSayFireDouglas  #WhatButtonDoIClickToBlameMaccagnan  #CanIRemindEveryoneThatBakerIsBetterInThisThread  #AmIDoingThisComplainingThingCorrectly?

Let’s party, baby 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I don't know.  Maybe it has gone a bit overboard in the last few days.  Ok, no maybes involved, things have gone off the rails a bit.  But at least this year, we care when the team loses.  Past couple of seasons were about draft position and then Sam's development.  Winning was secondary. We accepted losing; some of us even preferring losses to wins as early as Spetember.  

But this year is different.  We had some hope.  Some expectations.  And we played like crap.  And lost a game we should have won.  People are pissed.  They come here to vent.  Thats not a bad thing.

Agreed.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

for me, I think of the Jerry Springer show...but like about sports or something with endless Reply buttons

I'm hoping that time, maybe a calm walk through the forest with Jeremy Bates, a nice cold adult beverage, or some time with the gf/wife who some of our posters can't seem to watch football with will help.

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

#IsThisTheFireGaseThread  #IsThisTheCutDarnoldThread  #AmIAtTheRightThreadToSayFireDouglas  #WhatButtonDoIClickToBlameMaccagnan  #CanIRemindEveryoneThatBakerIsBetterInThisThread  #AmIDoingThisComplainingThingCorrectly?

I voted this for post of the week having only read the first two lines....never a truer word was spoken.

It’s unbearable being a fan of the Jets, not because of the team and it’s ups and (mostly) downs but because of our so-called ‘fans”

The bolded is the most accurate assessment of the type of nonsense that poisons proper discourse on any fan site....that said I was right all along about Sam throwing flat-footed off his back foot and that his mechanics were flawed

I told you so in the draft forum time and time again....he’ll never be successful with that crap....Sam Old Jets

Am off to watch the Calgary stampede with the wife

i haven’t complained about the loss because I didn’t want to knee jerk a reaction, but I think what’s pissed me off the most is I’m sick of not having an offense. I can’t stand it. I would have been ok losing 35-28. We hired an offensive minded head coach, our early drives with Sam in preseason were super encouraging, and then we get the same 3 and out crap on opening day. And I’m so used to it I knew each drive was going to get bogged down.  I knew when Maye dropped that easy interception and they kicked a fg next play we would lose somehow.  Then Mosley went down ...uh oh....and they score in like 1:30.  It’s like my thoughts always materialize in the game. I think this proves we are living in a simulation, but that’s a whole other discussion.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

Three words.......GET OVER IT!!

• Upvote 1

I think for a lot of fans...this is our Network “IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE” moment.  “WE’RE HUMAN BEINGS AND OUR PSL’s HAVE VALUE GOD DAMNIT!”

We know that the league is a corporation run by the Goodell’s, Kraft’s, Belichick’s, and Brady’s of the world, and screaming out of our windows and fire escapes won’t do anything. 

But, let us scream in peace.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I have been on a lot of forums, message boards,  news groups even and it never fails that at some point in the Jets misery,  someone makes a post saying we are all idiots basically because we are jumping to conclusions so I ask the OP, what have you witnessed even up to today to convince you that the we are on the right track? Everyone was all giddy about getting an offensive minded coach because out O never looked prepared but the D was always good for the most part and that is where most of the draft capital was spent. Well which unit looked prepared and which one didn't  on Sunday? How about our GM. Yeah he has a lot of work ahead of him but how has he done so far? His new C looked like he just walked in off the Street Sunday morning instead of working with the team for month or so and nearly got our QB killed. Do I even need to mention the kicker? And let me ask, how many feel great about Ficken vs we could have gotten Parkey? How do we know Ficken plays well under the lights? As far as Thomas. I am praying he has something left but it wouldn't  shock me at all if he turns out to be our #4 WR as far as production. I really have huge doubts BB would give the Jets anything of value and let's not forget, he could have been signed for nothing. 

Yes, it's  early, we always are saying give it time but a lot of us saw something on Sunday, it looked like Todd Bowles was still coaching this team. Look at how we lost? If that wasn't  SOJ, I don't  know what is, so pardon us if we are a bit pissed off after reading how Sam has been throwing dimes in camp, how well he has grasped the new O, and how we are now in good hands with the new regime because there was no evidence  of any of this when the games got real. 

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 3

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

Yes; this is called a "messageboard". 

Big surprise, spoiler alert; you're in this already. 

4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

i haven’t complained about the loss because I didn’t want to knee jerk a reaction, but I think what’s pissed me off the most is I’m sick of not having an offense. I can’t stand it. I would have been ok losing 35-28. We hired an offensive minded head coach, our early drives with Sam in preseason were super encouraging, and then we get the same 3 and out crap on opening day. And I’m so used to it I knew each drive was going to get bogged down.  I knew when Maye dropped that easy interception and they kicked a fg next play we would lose somehow.  Then Mosley went down ...uh oh....and they score in like 1:30.  It’s like my thoughts always materialize in the game. I think this proves we are living in a simulation, but that’s a whole other discussion.

1 game, small sample, all that. Thought the idea of the Gase hire was a guy who would be pedal to the metal with a solid young QB, no huddle, attack, attack, attack. And they come out with an offense that looked a lot like any from RyanEdwardsBowlesGroh; 2.5 yards between the tackles x2  and a cloud of dust, a 3 yard dumpoff on 3rd and 5  and a punt. Yes, the Bills are decent defense; you, Mr. Offensive Genius Gase are supposed to DO SOMETHING. Roll him out, screens, play action, misdirection. None of that happened. And big problem; Bell is a great back, but he's going to worn down to nothing with this workload. 

• Upvote 1

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, redlichtie said:

I voted this for post of the week having only read the first two lines....never a truer word was spoken.

It’s unbearable being a fan of the Jets, not because of the team and it’s ups and (mostly) downs but because of our so-called ‘fans”

The bolded is the most accurate assessment of the type of nonsense that poisons proper discourse on any fan site....that said I was right all along about Sam throwing flat-footed off his back foot and that his mechanics were flawed

I told you so in the draft forum time and time again....he’ll never be successful with that crap....Sam Old Jets

Am off to watch the Calgary stampede with the wife

And here come's the holier than thou crowd.  Why don't you all just manage all the topic threads and we'll just go along with what you suggest we talk about.  

How about this.  Let people do what they want to do.  If you don't agree or prefer to participate - don't.  Visit another thread.

But stop with all this holier than thou crap.  People are entitled to their opinion.  Even if it doesn't reach the amazingly perfect level of yours.

• Upvote 2

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

I am proud to be an uneducated buffoon .

Redneck-Olympic-Torch.jpg

40 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I love when people act like this is something new.  Threads complaining about are not particularly new or innovative either. 

No doubt, but it does feel like it's a lot more than usual. And the complaining isn't the issue as much as the conclusions people are coming to. Darnold sucks, Gase sucks, Douglas sucks..... And its not just one or two, it seems like a lot of people. 

• Sympathy 1

Look who down voted the OP.

Theres your list of poster boys making your point.

One loss and the self anointed GMs dont want to hear that their constant whining makes too many threads, the board, unreadable too often.  

Because we all should expect and demand 16-0 now

Eh... there’s a lot of overreaction. There’s a lot of whining but there’s also good debate to be had about certain aspects of this team and those are being debated. 

People are on edge because that loss was bad. It was really bad. What’s worse is that it felt like the last few years and that’s why people are freaking out.

13 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

You're right.  I understand the frustration though.  After finally drafting a good prospect at quarterback, it seems like Sam's getting David Carred.  No kicker, that's a joke.   I'll always be a Jet fan  but I can't put my heart and soul into this team.  I still love the game, but I enjoy watching the Saints or Chiefs more these days.  Isn't it supposed to be fun?