the diminished mental capacity of the Board

jetstream23

13 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Yo, My Man!  It's True. Unfortunately there are quite a few nervous nellies on the forum, but I try and ignore them. But sometimes....  LOL

Some fans seem to enjoy being negative more then seeing any hope at all.. In 1969 I was at a Super Bowl party with all jet fans except 1 giant fan.. After the huge win there were some fans saying if we played them 9 more times we would get killed in every game.. They complained Namath didn't throw in the 4th quarter..etc Even in victory some just had to think negative so it's not a  new thing. We just didn't have message boards or  twitter back then..:wacko:

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm starting to think that guy who suggested we just tank all the way through the first several weeks was onto something.  Or on something.  Maybe both.  But the Jets obviously read this board and heeded his advice.

The tank is now on, I think we now have the ability to be worse than the Dolphins.

5 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

And here come's the holier than thou crowd.  Why don't you all just manage all the topic threads and we'll just go along with what you suggest we talk about.  

How about this.  Let people do what they want to do.  If you don't agree or prefer to participate - don't.  Visit another thread.

But stop with all this holier than thou crap.  People are entitled to their opinion.  Even if it doesn't reach the amazingly perfect level of yours.

The irony in your post is hilarious....carry on

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The last 3 QB prospects this team has had have:

1.  Fumbled by running into his own lineman’s ass on national TV

2. Broken jaw over 400 bucks

3. A high school std

And of course we have the finger wagging from fellow Jets fans saying the fanbase is actually the problem. 

Brilliant post. Don't forget that said finger waggers have been all in on all three of these guys to the point where they mock and deride anyone who says "I'll believe it when I see it." That's where I am with Darnold. Hopeful, of course. Sold, not even close.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The last 3 QB prospects this team has had have:

1.  Fumbled by running into his own lineman’s ass on national TV

2. Broken jaw over 400 bucks

3. A high school std

And of course we have the finger wagging from fellow Jets fans saying the fanbase is actually the problem. 

Fool you once, shame on the Jets.

They fool you twice, shame on you.

You seem to be saying you've been fooled by this team and suckered into caring about them multiple times.  Are they still the problem?  :P 

Let's face it.  We all should have bailed on this team a decade or two (actually three!) ago.  We didn't.  This is Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, Lith said:

I don't know.  Maybe it has gone a bit overboard in the last few days.  Ok, no maybes involved, things have gone off the rails a bit.  But at least this year, we care when the team loses.  Past couple of seasons were about draft position and then Sam's development.  Winning was secondary. We accepted losing; some of us even preferring losses to wins as early as Spetember.  

But this year is different.  We had some hope.  Some expectations.  And we played like crap.  And lost a game we should have won.  People are pissed.  They come here to vent.  Thats not a bad thing.

dear Lith,.. hi !.. if i may, 2 words.. Drink  ALOT    :beer:

img-drunk-in-public.jpg?1450331446&fbcli

~ ~   i do    :rolleyes:

On 9/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, jetstream23 said:

everything is the end of the world.  ....If you lose a home game by 1 point it's time to fire the Coach and cut the QB

we have posters more interested in being right about the 1 out of 35 things they said 6 months ago than having an honest discussion

A mix of uneducated buffoons, arm chair GMs and PFF reading experts is a recipe for disaster thread after thread following a bad loss

for me, I think of the Jerry Springer show...but like about sports or something with endless Reply buttons

I'm hoping that time, maybe a calm walk through the forest with Jeremy Bates, a nice cold adult beverage, or some time with the gf/wife who some of our posters can't seem to watch football with will help.

but....probably not.

on to the next disaster!

#IsThisTheFireGaseThread  #IsThisTheCutDarnoldThread  #AmIAtTheRightThreadToSayFireDouglas  #WhatButtonDoIClickToBlameMaccagnan  #CanIRemindEveryoneThatBakerIsBetterInThisThread  #AmIDoingThisComplainingThingCorrectly?

Perfectly said, I LOVE UMAN

• Haha 1

The few things I dont really understand is why Jets fans who think this franchise is cursed and has no chance keep coming back for more. It does amount to Stockholm Syndrome. 

Also it shows how fans should not have expectations about any team. Almost impossible to do, but random sh*t happens so go into a season with a clean slate

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The few things I dont really understand is why Jets fans who think this franchise is cursed and has no chance keep coming back for more. It does amount to Stockholm Syndrome. 

Also it shows how fans should not have expectations about any team. Almost impossible to do, but random sh*t happens so go into a season with a clean slate

Agreed. Pretty gross how the fans do this every year tbqh