Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I recall seeing something about Sam having strep throat. I guess that was a misdiagnosis, and this is really what was going on there?

I can't imagine that Sam is the only player in the NFL to ever contract mono. I'm perplexed as to 1.) why we're hearing about it (wouldn't the team just put "illness" on the injury report and respect his privacy?); and 2.) why he's missing games over it (surely other players have historically played through it, unless they stayed out but under the guise of another ailment, as I just suggested in my first point).

Maybe that's what's wrong with Gronk. He's in great shape, and teasing coming back to play all the time, so maybe he's just fake retiring to treat his vaginal herpes or mono or whatever?

If he may miss 4+ weeks, at some point they have to explain why he is missing so long with an illness, no? Tough to keep him out for weeks with strep 

This "developing Sam" thing isn't going very well, between erratic performances, injury, mediocre OL and WRs. Two CSs in two years, questionable mechanics, and now illness.

There are times you see a player, and just know he's got IT. I haven't seen IT yet from him, despite the fact a lot of you claim you have. I was really hopeful he'd make the leap this year FQBs do in their second season.

There are teams you have confidence in developing a young QB, the Jets aren't a team/organization I feel that way about. Combine that with the incredibly bad "luck" this team has when it comes to finding good players, I just don't see Darnold prospering here.

Right now I'm as disgusted and down about this team and it's future as I've been in a while. I'm not a Gase guy, hated what I saw Sunday, and I have a sickening feeling Siemian is a better fit for his "offense" then Darnold is. Dink, dink, dink.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6

Did anyone on here notice that this is the second time Sam Darnold can't complete a whole season. Last season he missed games because he got hurt and now he's missing games because he contracted Mono. That's two years in a row that he misses games!!! 

I'm sorry there are no excuses, he is our QB and shouldn't be missing games in any manner. He was drafted to be our future QB and so far he is missing games in two seasons. It was said that he won't be back until after the bye week. 

If Sam Darnold misses games another season, they better look at drafting another QB!!!

• Thumb Down 28
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AL047 said:

Did anyone on here notice that this is the second time Sam Darnold can't complete a whole season. Last season he missed games because he got hurt and now he's missing games because he contracted Mono. That's two years in a row that he misses games!!! 

I'm sorry there are no excuses, he is our QB and shouldn't be missing games in any manner. He was drafted to be our future QB and so far he is missing games in two seasons. It was said that he won't be back until after the bye week. 

If Sam Darnold misses games another season, they better look at drafting another QB!!!

6F9B29C0-E2CC-4EDD-A78D-6606A5B37D75.gif

• Haha 2

Laugh now but remember when he keeps missing games because he will be demanding a new contract. Everyone here will be demanding to sign him. Also remember he hasn't proven anything since he has been drafted and everyone better realize what he did in preseason he hasn't done it when it matters.

• Thumb Down 7

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

If he may miss 4+ weeks, at some point they have to explain why he is missing so long with an illness, no? Tough to keep him out for weeks with strep 

While I totally get what you're saying in a practical sense. Pats players will missed months with nothing other than an injury designation of "knee". No details. No explanation owed to the press, despite their stupid attempts to get one. I'm wondering why we didn't just do that - not that it matters, really.

7 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Laugh now but remember when he keeps missing games because he will be demanding a new contract. Everyone here will be demanding to sign him. Also remember he hasn't proven anything since he has been drafted and everyone better realize what he did in preseason he hasn't done it when it matters.

Honest question.

What the f*ck do you expect him to do?  Play through the mono and risk rupturing his spleen?

• Upvote 2