Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

17 minutes ago, Drums said:

Same, man. And some people are saying he may never be the same? I don’t believe that but I’m not a doctor. I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Eh, I doubt it, but we’ll see.

when my college housemate had mono, i didn’t see him for like two months, but I knew someone else who had it who was feeling fine in like a week. Effects everyone differently 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Am i missing something here?  Obviously Simien isnt great but hes 13-11 as a starting qb.  Here are some highlights:

1- From Weeks 8 to 14, Siemian was one of only three quarterbacks who averaged over 300 passing yards per game (the other two were Tom Brady and Kirk Cousins).[44] By Week 16, he averaged 300.2 passing yards in his previous six games.[43]

2- During Week 12 in a Sunday Night Footballgame against the Kansas City Chiefs, Siemian threw three touchdowns with no interceptions on 20-of-34 passing for 368 yards.

3- On September 25, 2016, Siemian became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw 300 yards and complete 4 touchdowns with no interceptions

4- The Broncos defense shut down Dallas' offense and Siemian went 22-of-32 for 231 yards, a career-high tying four touchdowns, and one interception as the Broncos blew out the Cowboys 42–17.[50] For his performance, Siemian was voted the NFL's Clutch Performer of the week and the FedEx Air Player of the week. 

There is a case to be made that as of right now, Simien is a better qb then sam darnold.  Now obviously sam has a ceiling that simien doesnt but as of monday night, Simien is probably the better qb.  Get excited jet fans.  Simien has done things in this league darnold has never done.  I expect a big win by the Simien led jets monday night.

Don't be such a total and utter idiot, whoa are you micheal wilbon?

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This "developing Sam" thing isn't going very well, between erratic performances, injury, mediocre OL and WRs. Two CSs in two years, questionable mechanics, and now illness.

There are times you see a player, and just know he's got IT. I haven't seen IT yet from him, despite the fact a lot of you claim you have. I was really hopeful he'd make the leap this year FQBs do in their second season.

There are teams you have confidence in developing a young QB, the Jets aren't a team/organization I feel that way about. Combine that with the incredibly bad "luck" this team has when it comes to finding good players, I just don't see Darnold prospering here.

Right now I'm as disgusted and down about this team and it's future as I've been in a while. I'm not a Gase guy, hated what I saw Sunday, and I have a sickening feeling Siemian is a better fit for his "offense" then Darnold is. Dink, dink, dink.

Your hatred of Darnold is just awful.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RobR said:

Not 100% sure but I think we can still put him on IR with a designation to return. I know we currently don't have anyone taking those slots up but I'm not sure since he already played a game. If available that would be in the Jets best interest.

Wouldnt be able to return until week 11, so 9 missed games. It wouldn't be a dumb thing to do though, its going to be 4 to 6 weeks for him to recover and then might need several weeks to get strength and conditioning back. I

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Your hatred of Darnold is just awful.

his take is over the top....    but you cant say that "errratic performances" is false...

which would lead to the either seeing IT or NOT seeing IT....  i can say that i have seen IT, but have also seen a sampling of crap throws that are simply crap throws that are not on the OL or WR.....

add to that the Jets hx and you can see why someone would could imagine turd drop soup on the future menu...

as an aside...   anyone who doesnt yet realize that ~ 50-70% of passing offenses are DINK DINK DINK

...as if Brees completes 70% of his passes beyond 15 yds...  pffft....

• Sympathy 1

Well, good news and bad news. 

Good news: Jets wont be putting Darnold on short term IR

Bad news: The fact that they're even talking about "expecting him back before 8 weeks" sounds like we may not see Darnold again until like November. 

We need to tank for somebody. 

We couldnt make it to week 2 and the season is already ****ed

Insane week for Jets and Browns sees ticket prices for ‘Monday Night Football’ plummet

Updated 1:29 PM; Today 12:01 By Brian Fonseca | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

One of the craziest weeks in Jets history has not been good for business.

The New York franchise losing a ton of talent to injury this week, including starting quarterback Sam Darnold to mononucleosis, has made ticket prices for their Monday Night Football matchup with the Cleveland Browns at MetLife Stadium plummet as the contest approaches.

Tickets are available for the game on StubHub and SeatGeek for as little as $18, as of Friday morning. According to secondary ticket marketplace TickPick, that is currently the cheapest get-in price for any game on the 2019 Monday Night Football slate.

The second-cheapest — Week 12’s matchup between the Los Angeles Rams and the Baltimore Ravens — had a get-in price of $30 on Friday morning.

According to TickPick, Jets-Browns has an average purchase price of $111, which is the 5th-cheapest ticket of Week 2. The average purchase price across the NFL for Week 2 is $187.

Not even the return of wide receiver Odell Beckham to New Jersey, or his feud with Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, or quarterback Baker Mayfield’s first regular season trip to the Meadowlands can put fans in the seats.

That is a bummer for the Jets, who probably need this win to salvage this season. It sounds silly that a Week 2 matchup is a make-or-break game for the year, but NJ Advance Media’s Matt Stypulkowski breaks down the numbers of why that’s the case:

Since 2002, when the NFL adopted its current eight-division structure, 140 teams have started the season 0-2. Just 16 have made the playoffs.

In other words, the loser of Monday night’s prime-time showdown has an 11.43 percent shot of reaching the postseason.

If you go back to 1990, when the NFL expanded the playoffs to 12 teams, the numbers aren’t much better: 30 turnarounds in 230 attempts – or 13 percent.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Bad news: The fact that they're even talking about "expecting him back before 8 weeks" sounds like we may not see Darnold again until like November. 

Except the team isn't saying that, rather it's just Cimini's conclusion on what Gase said, solely because 8 weeks is how long short term IR is at its minimum.

Not that it's anything to be overly optimistic about mind you, but that statement has very little meaning on its own, and didn't even come from the team.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:
14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What? What exactly should they say if he was coming back in 4 weeks? 

17 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

The way Darnold played last week, we may have a better chance with trevor leading the offense.    

Absolutely.  Dinkin darnold needs to take this time off to realize playing qb is not about throwing 2 yard passes. Get agressive and move the ball down the field.

Simien will do just fine.  I think we win Monday night.

22 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Except the team isn't saying that, rather it's just Cimini's conclusion on what Gase said, solely because 8 weeks is how long short term IR is at its minimum.

Not that it's anything to be overly optimistic about mind you, but that statement has very little meaning on its own, and didn't even come from the team.

19 minutes ago, nico002 said:

What? What exactly should they say if he was coming back in 4 weeks? 

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Well, good news and bad news. 

Good news: Jets wont be putting Darnold on short term IR

We need to tank for somebody. 

We couldnt make it to week 2 and the season is already ****ed

Im only stating what it sounds like my dear friends. 

Not a Jets fan but I am a lifetime USC Trojan fan who roots for players after they leave . A Dr. Stephan O'brien on Francesa just now said he (or his staff ) did research on history players in NFL who have had Mono and on ALL cases (tho it is borderline rare to have a case as an NFL player ) research showed that 90 % of the players who had it missed the entire season . This doctors exact word where (and he said this a few times ) his exact word where "If my son was a player and he had Mono I would not let him play " .

• Upvote 1