Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Trevor Lawrence could be next man up. 

Why on earth would we get ANY QB until we build a respectable OL and offense? We need to build the proper foundation for ANY QB first before we continue changing them. It’s insanity to keep doing this in a backwards order. 

Stick with Sam but dump his *ss if he can’t cut it. Either way we better have a half decent offense within the next 2 years and start drafting at least middle of the pack in terms of success. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

Not a Jets fan but I am a lifetime USC Trojan fan who roots for players after they leave . A Dr. Stephan O'brien on Francesa just now said he (or his staff ) did research on history players in NFL who have had Mono and on ALL cases (tho it is borderline rare to have a case as an NFL player ) research showed that 90 % of the players who had it missed the entire season . This doctors exact word where (and he said this a few times ) his exact word where "If my son was a player and he had Mono I would not let him play " .

Image result for god damn jets gifs

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Why on earth would we get ANY QB until we build a respectable OL and offense? We need to build the proper foundation for ANY QB first before we continue changing them. It’s insanity to keep doing this in a backwards order. 

Stick with Sam but dump his *ss if he can’t cut it. Either way we better have a half decent offense within the next 2 years and start drafting at least middle of the pack in terms of success. 

Joe is insane, Creepy Lurker.

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Your right just continue going with the journeyman QB it seems to have worked out so well for us. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Your right just continue going with the journeyman QB it seems to have worked out so well for us. 

I’m not saying that. I’m saying we already have a young potentially good QB. What holds him and every other QB back on this team the last 10 years has been poor offensive playmakers and OL. We should probably fix that first before even wasting time/top draft resources on another QB, only to be scrambling to surround him with talent. Get the foundation and the offense in place FIRST.

You’d be surprised how many QBs look better because of the quality of their supporting cast. Mahomes and other top QBs would have been TERRIBLE here because we are trash on offense. It’ll take some time to get the right players and get the system going. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m not saying that. I’m saying we already have a young potentially good QB. What holds him and every other QB back on this team the last 10 years has been poor offensive playmakers and OL. We should probably fix that first before even wasting time/top draft resources on another QB, only to be scrambling to surround him with talent. Get the foundation and the offense in place FIRST.

You’d be surprised how many QBs look better because of the quality of their supporting cast. Mahomes and other top QBs would have been TERRIBLE here because we are trash on offense. It’ll take some time to get the right players and get the system going. 

Sam Darnold is under a rookie contract correct me if i'm wrong 3-4 years. 

Are you willing to throw big money at him if he sits out this season and you have no basis on what to pay him or what he deserves. 

Look im all in on the Sam Darnold train ive been all in on the NY Jets for 56 years. 

I just made a post Trevor Lawrence or Jake Fromm next man up if we need to. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Are you willing to throw big money at him if he sits out this season and you have no basis on what to pay him or what he deserves. 

Look im all in on the Sam Darnold train ive been all in on the NY Jets for 56 years. 

That's stupid. You can't give up on a guy 2 years in. This is getting ridiculous.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way. Especially with the inflated QB contracts. If he’s only “good” after years 3 and 4, it’d be tought to pay him $30mil+. This surely complicates things. 

I surely wouldn’t want to start the clock of the QB on a rookie contract window again until they had a good offense and no excuses. We have to have the rest of the team and depth in place before the next QB change. Sam May be along for a rough ride and only be a hold the fort QB since we are FAR behind in terms of roster construction. We need to rebuild and Sam doesn’t have time for that so he’s stuck in roster purgatory.

20 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

There is no test to be sure when the mono is out of his system, and if he plays with it and gets hit, he could rupture his spleen.

This doesn't make sense to me. They can test if you have mono. When that test comes back negative they aren't sure? huh? I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

No way. Especially with the inflated QB contracts. If he’s only “good” after years 3 and 4, it’d be tought to pay him $30mil+. This surely complicates things. 

I surely wouldn’t want to start the clock of the QB on a rookie contract window again until they had a good offense and no excuses. We have to have the rest of the team and depth in place before the next QB change. Sam May be along for a rough ride and only be a hold the fort QB since we are FAR behind in terms of roster construction. We need to rebuild and Sam doesn’t have time for that so he’s stuck in roster purgatory.

Agree and they certainly are doing a bang up job building the roster. NOT 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Find me the skeezer that gave Darnold mono. I need to be mad at someone for ruining another Jets season and I also probably want to date her because ruined Jets seasons are my kink.

Morristown NJ bar I will try and find out the place he hung out at the most, you could take an Uber there and start asking around.