Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

21 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Not a Jets fan but I am a lifetime USC Trojan fan who roots for players after they leave . A Dr. Stephan O'brien on Francesa just now said he (or his staff ) did research on history players in NFL who have had Mono and on ALL cases (tho it is borderline rare to have a case as an NFL player ) research showed that 90 % of the players who had it missed the entire season . This doctors exact word where (and he said this a few times ) his exact word where "If my son was a player and he had Mono I would not let him play " .

Ira from Staten Island just called into Francesa and said he heard what that doctor said and Ira said shut down Sam for the season if you have to .

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree and they certainly are doing a bang up job building the roster. NOT 

It’s way too soon but disappointing if Gase didn’t influence the offseason, just to let Mac hang himself and get fired. Gase has a chance to redeem himself and Douglas has a chance to prove himself. I can’t “kill” him on the kicker and center situation but so far they look questionable at best. He gets a long leash though. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s way too soon but disappointing if Gase didn’t influence the offseason, just to let Mac hang himself and get fired. Gase has a chance to redeem himself and Douglas has a chance to prove himself. I can’t “kill” him on the kicker and center situation but so far they look questionable at best. He gets a long leash though. 

The kicker situation should have never happened and yes we can kill everyone on the kicker situation and what happened here. 

You are an NFL GM and HC and you cant recognize your kicker sucks then we have way bigger issues and we do. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Why on earth would we get ANY QB until we build a respectable OL and offense? We need to build the proper foundation for ANY QB first before we continue changing them. It’s insanity to keep doing this in a backwards order. 

Stick with Sam but dump his *ss if he can’t cut it. Either way we better have a half decent offense within the next 2 years and start drafting at least middle of the pack in terms of success. 

cuz...Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It's way to soon to judge the center. The unit didnt play together in the preseason.

Kicker thing is basically throwing crap on the wall and see what sticks.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's way to soon to judge the center. The unit didnt play together in the preseason.

Kicker thing is basically throwing crap on the wall and see what sticks.

I know. That’s why I said “so far” and “I can’t kill him” on the center situation. The kicker situation seems like a big miss but Gase said he was doing well in practice so who knows. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, yvj said:

If the team goes 1-5 or 0-6 Darnold may not be back this season. Think about it why would they rush him back? (assuming there's no way to know exactly when he is 100%)

So if he's medically cleared you leave your supposed franchise QB on the bench and just assume he's a franchise QB and build a team around an unproven QB. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So if he's medically cleared you leave your supposed franchise QB on the bench and just assume he's a franchise QB and build a team around an unproven QB. 

What's your definition of medically cleared? 20% he doesn't get his spleen popped? 

After Andrew Luck, you think they will put him out in front of a bad line on a 0-6 team when they aren't 100% sure he is mono free? 

8 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

A doctor on WFAN just said that Sam could miss the whole year . Two other QB's in the past have had mono and neither one came back . Let's see what the Giants want for Manning . 

three-dog-night-elis-coming-dunhill.jpg

Start a GoFundMe to hire a team of rugby players to kick this guy’s ass.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Ira from Staten Island just called into Francesa and said he heard what that doctor said and Ira said shut down Sam for the season if you have to .

If that's what it is, then we dont have a choice. Sam can sit and learn. Rodgers sat for 3 years and did just fine. 

This sh*t sucks. Most of all because Darnold and the offense need all the time to gel they can get. But I'm feeling decent about Siemian. He's nothing special but I trust him as far as holding the fort goes. They might be able to surprise the Browns if Bell can get going. As for New England... I've no expectations. Gase got a win with the ghost of Ryan Tannehill last year, anything is possible.