Jump to content
Villain The Foe

Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Not a Jets fan but I am a lifetime USC Trojan fan who roots for players after they leave . A Dr. Stephan O'brien on Francesa just now said he (or his staff ) did research on history players in NFL who have had Mono and on ALL cases (tho it is borderline rare to have a case as an NFL player ) research showed that 90 % of the players who had it missed the entire season . This doctors exact word where (and he said this a few times ) his exact word where "If my son was a player and he had Mono I would not let him play " .

Ira from Staten Island just called into Francesa and said he heard what that doctor said and Ira said shut down Sam for the season if you have to .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

I am the Hercule Poirot of skeezers 

I have the upmost confidence and belief that you truly are. 

So when you go missing again, we should all assume you have the mono. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree and they certainly are doing a bang up job building the roster. NOT 

It’s way too soon but disappointing if Gase didn’t influence the offseason, just to let Mac hang himself and get fired. Gase has a chance to redeem himself and Douglas has a chance to prove himself. I can’t “kill” him on the kicker and center situation but so far they look questionable at best. He gets a long leash though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Trevor Siemian plays well enough to cause a QB controversy.

You heard it here first!

 

 

(Also, the controversy is about whether he should be QB2 or QB3)

happy star trek GIF

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Trevor Siemian plays well enough to cause a QB controversy.

You heard it here first!

 

 

(Also, the controversy is about whether he should be QB2 or QB3)

happy star trek GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s way too soon but disappointing if Gase didn’t influence the offseason, just to let Mac hang himself and get fired. Gase has a chance to redeem himself and Douglas has a chance to prove himself. I can’t “kill” him on the kicker and center situation but so far they look questionable at best. He gets a long leash though. 

The kicker situation should have never happened and yes we can kill everyone on the kicker situation and what happened here. 

You are an NFL GM and HC and you cant recognize your kicker sucks then we have way bigger issues and we do. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Why on earth would we get ANY QB until we build a respectable OL and offense? We need to build the proper foundation for ANY QB first before we continue changing them. It’s insanity to keep doing this in a backwards order. 

Stick with Sam but dump his *ss if he can’t cut it. Either way we better have a half decent offense within the next 2 years and start drafting at least middle of the pack in terms of success. 

cuz...Jets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s way too soon but disappointing if Gase didn’t influence the offseason, just to let Mac hang himself and get fired. Gase has a chance to redeem himself and Douglas has a chance to prove himself. I can’t “kill” him on the kicker and center situation but so far they look questionable at best. He gets a long leash though. 

It's way to soon to judge the center. The unit didnt play together in the preseason.

Kicker thing is basically throwing crap on the wall and see what sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Kicker thing is basically throwing crap on the wall and see what sticks.

In the NY Jet case its letting an All-Pro kicker go and bringing in garbage to replace him that got us where we are today. 

It sticks and stinks quite well. 

Decent kicker we win game 1. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It's way to soon to judge the center. The unit didnt play together in the preseason.

Kicker thing is basically throwing crap on the wall and see what sticks.

I know. That’s why I said “so far” and “I can’t kill him” on the center situation. The kicker situation seems like a big miss but Gase said he was doing well in practice so who knows. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the team goes 1-5 or 0-6 Darnold may not be back this season. Think about it why would they rush him back? (assuming there's no way to know exactly when he is 100%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yvj said:

If the team goes 1-5 or 0-6 Darnold may not be back this season. Think about it why would they rush him back? (assuming there's no way to know exactly when he is 100%)

So if he's medically cleared you leave your supposed franchise QB on the bench and just assume he's a franchise QB and build a team around an unproven QB. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

So if he's medically cleared you leave your supposed franchise QB on the bench and just assume he's a franchise QB and build a team around an unproven QB. 

I agree. Even if it for 4 games, play him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

2020 Jets starting QB Cam Newton is gonna be so fire 

Is that happening January 2020 when we are in the playoffs according to @SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

There is no test to be sure when the mono is out of his system, and if he plays with it and gets hit, he could rupture his spleen.

Remove his spleen, what like 4 week recovery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So if he's medically cleared you leave your supposed franchise QB on the bench and just assume he's a franchise QB and build a team around an unproven QB. 

What's your definition of medically cleared? 20% he doesn't get his spleen popped? 

After Andrew Luck, you think they will put him out in front of a bad line on a 0-6 team when they aren't 100% sure he is mono free? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yvj said:

What's your definition of medically cleared? 20% he doesn't get his spleen popped? 

After Andrew Luck, you think they will put him out in front of a bad line on a 0-6 team when they aren't 100% sure he is mono free? 

Medically cleared 100%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

have the upmost

It’s “utmost,” you ******* hillbilly.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Morristown NJ bar I will try and find out the place he hung out at the most, you could take an Uber there and start asking around. 

I heard he liked The Long Valley Pub.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Medically cleared 100%. 

The point of my initial post is if there is even the slightest ambiguity about him medically AND the team is bad he won't see the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

NO he could die

To be fair, I’m not advocating rushing Sam back, he’s literally (yes, literally) my favorite player but Chris Simms had his spleen removed and returned the next year. He could have died though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

A doctor on WFAN just said that Sam could miss the whole year . Two other QB's in the past have had mono and neither one came back . Let's see what the Giants want for Manning . 

 

three-dog-night-elis-coming-dunhill.jpg

Start a GoFundMe to hire a team of rugby players to kick this guy’s ass.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Ira from Staten Island just called into Francesa and said he heard what that doctor said and Ira said shut down Sam for the season if you have to .

If that's what it is, then we dont have a choice. Sam can sit and learn. Rodgers sat for 3 years and did just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sh*t sucks. Most of all because Darnold and the offense need all the time to gel they can get. But I'm feeling decent about Siemian. He's nothing special but I trust him as far as holding the fort goes. They might be able to surprise the Browns if Bell can get going. As for New England... I've no expectations. Gase got a win with the ghost of Ryan Tannehill last year, anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...