Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

11 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

So one Dr on fat Mike's show says what he would recommend and many other Drs say there 21-28 window for spleen rupture and extreme rare cases beyond that. Let's just let it play out... My gut says NE on Monday night.... But he will push for Eagles but with Cowboys as a settle because knowing how this kid acts and says... It will be extremely difficult to keep him off the field... The fact that they arent doing IR tells me they have no intention to keep him out the year or months for that matter

Gase said no IR because the timeline is much sooner.

Francesca doctor doesn't have the images or scans that Sam's doctor has. The Jets will treat Sam's spleen with the utmost respect.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Gase said no IR because the timeline is much sooner.

Francesca doctor doesn't have the images or scans that Sam's doctor has. The Jets will treat Sam's spleen with the utmost respect.

Hope you are all right. Sorry, was not saying anything other than what I heard on the radio and felt after hearing that. I did not say retire, I did not say the sky is falling, or anything other than his missing the whole season was a possibility.

Just now, ASH1962 said:

Hope you are all right. Sorry, was not saying anything other than what I heard on the radio and felt after hearing that. I did not say retire, I did not say the sky is falling, or anything other than his missing the whole season was a possibility.

It is a serious illness no doubt. The weight loss and the energy loss are BIG issues. Hopefully they know things are on the mild side. Not sure if they can tell that already. But I guess I am just wanting to believe Gase that this isn't going to be an 8 week thing.

2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

If Sam misses the season, Gase is gonna have a lot of ex-spleen-ing to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Ok enough. I am a physician (anesthesiologist) and the recommended wait time is usually a month sometimes two months. Ultrasound can be used to verify splenic enlargement and normalization. Definitely going to hurt the team but he can likely come back at some point close to the halfway mark. Also prior to that he can train etc. Just can't be hit. 

Thanks for this

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Wonder what happens if by some act of God Siemian gets hot and we're 3-2 in 4 weeks?

Then we do what the Yankees are doing with Giancarlo Stanton when a bunch of scrub subs are playing like MVP's in the outfield.  The Jets will just say that Darnold is still recovering.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Ok enough. I am a physician (anesthesiologist) and the recommended wait time is usually a month sometimes two months. Ultrasound can be used to verify splenic enlargement and normalization. Definitely going to hurt the team but he can likely come back at some point close to the halfway mark. Also prior to that he can train etc. Just can't be hit. 

Ahh...another brethren Anesthesiologist ;).

Best case is 4-6 weeks out, with a return to the locker room in 2-3 weeks

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

When ever the nfl  told him to pretend  he was. He has mono as much as I have a  nfl throwing arm.

He's  not one bit sick.

Mono.....and you believe  this  crap ?

You are going to get banned. This is just garbage. Very weird joke you are trying to pull off here. Just isn't funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 3

53 minutes ago, TheMo said:

You should post more. I remember you from the old board when you were an active poster. 

55 minutes ago, TheMo said: