Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Apparently he's also lost a lot of weight so he was definitely affected in the Bills game that's why he played like s*** and could barely throw the ball SMH

I actually was thinking he looked a bit thinner during the Bills game.  I guess now we know why.

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is basically as bad as when Vinny T went down. We haven’t had this much hype/excitement for a season in years and everything imploded this week. Face it, we are cursed. It doesn’t matter who we bring in and Sam was the one glimmer of hope. Let’s hope he just gets well and gets experience this year. What a damn shame. 

Hopefully he comes back after the bye and is refreshed and ready to go.

The problem, development wise, is that the team will be anywhere from 0-3 to 0-6 by the time he returns, so you have to worry about the team’s collective motivation/psyche being irreparably damaged by then 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

What's an optimistic time frame for full recovery?  Just rest or will meds speed it up?

There's no great guidelines given the disease and type of sport each athlete plays. Given that Darnold plays the highest of impact sports, making his risk for rupture on the far end of the spectrum, he'll be held out longer than someone playing tennis (the Federer story)... Most reports of rupture happen within 21 days and rarely after 28 days, but why risk it? My guess, two weeks where he's doing pretty much nothing, then light activity for two weeks then then gradually work him back in. I wouldn't expect to see him before week 6, but that's legit a total guess.

That's also not to mention the weight he'll have lost, the fatigue he could still carry throughout the season etc. It's a sh*tty illness, but he also has the best trainers and dietitians in the world to get him right once he's cleared for activity. 

Anyone dismissing the severity of this(or the fact he shouldn't be playing) I suggest you read the article on NJ High School QB Evan Murray who played with undiagnosed mono and as a result suffered fatal injury because of his enlarged spleen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2728852-death-teenage-quarterback-evan-murray-family.amp.html

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Joe handing Sam a kiss from Suzy Kolber..

aw0ltm1egvbifjxwsvay.jpg

Darnold must be trying to live the "Broadway" Joe lifestyle only he's  not used to it...

Mono sucks and yes, it takes a while to recover. get well Sam...

Tank for top draft pick to sell of for kings ransom, too soon???

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Anyone dismissing the severity of this(or the fact he shouldn't be playing) I suggest you read the article on NJ High School QB Evan Murray who played with undiagnosed mono and as a result suffered fatal injury because of his enlarged spleen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2728852-death-teenage-quarterback-evan-murray-family.amp.html

Who is dismissing the severity of it? We all know he can't play until he is cleared by the doctors. No one wants him to play  unless he is cleared by the doctors. 

We are just frustrated that it happened. Half this league fools around with random women, but somehow it;s our franchise QB that gets mono. 

• Upvote 3