Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

Let's see Gase's Genius ... That's all we have heard since he got here... How smart he is... Ok let's see it... design some exotic plays.. go all out in play design.

This is his chance to show that he can actually coach. I mean he did coach Cutler/Osweiler/Tannehill to 7-9 seasons... lets steal a few wins before Sam comes back.

• Upvote 4

I caught mono at 19. Felt like the symptoms came on strong, was diagnosed, and spent a few days in bed feeling like I got hit by a truck. Within a week or so I was fine.

I’m not saying it should be downplayed, but everyone reacts differently.  Yeah, it could be a lingering problem or Sam might just miss a game or two. Either way it’s far from ideal, and it couldn’t be much more ‘Jets’ but what else can you expect rooting for this franchise? 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Hes not going to be back for a while. Definitely Longer than 2 weeks. 

Its a terrible illness so hope he gets better. His health is more important than how he performs on a football field.

via football doc

image.png.624945595790bf0c4913761a161f7d8d.png

and Jenny was on it too

Jenny Vrentas @JennyVrentas

If your spleen becomes enlarged, as often happens with mono, you have to avoid contact sports.

Sorry to all the folks that are surely to criticize my point of view but I actually believe Sam's illness benefits Gase big time.

This is the cover and excuse he needed.  If they continued to play poorly and lose early this season all the focus would be on Gase and whether he is the guy for the job.

He now has Sam not being in the line up as cover.  As a Jets fan this is not good news.  Significantly reduces the likelihood that Gase goes one and done.

More bad news for guys like me who are of the opinion that Gase is not the right guy for this football team.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I caught mono at 19. Felt like the symptoms came on strong, was diagnosed, and spent a few days in bed feeling like I got hit by a truck. Within a week or so I was fine.

I’m not saying it should be downplayed, but everyone reacts differently.  Yeah, it could be a lingering problem or Sam might just miss a game or two. Either way it’s far from ideal, and it couldn’t be much more ‘Jets’ but what else can you expect rooting for this franchise? 

My cousin caught it and was out of school for almost 2 months...hits everyone differently.

• Upvote 1

I know a few people who had mono, the return to strength is wildly varying. I had a friend who legit took 2 years to get back to playing shape and weight from it. Another person I know took 6 weeks. There is no treatment, so it’s how your body responds and fights it off. This could easily be the whole year.

• Upvote 2