Walk me off the ledge.. I waited months for this crap

nico002

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's just a sport.  

Go spend time with your loved ones, find other hobbies, focus on work, go back to school, take a trip, do literally anything but obsess over this ratty tattered chuckledick franchise for a while.

In the grand scheme of things, the Jets ARE 100% meaningless.

Perspective.

This is correct. I will go back to what I was doing the last couple of years when Bowles was HC. Just casually sit back and watch but rarely get excited.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's just a sport.  

Go spend time with your loved ones, find other hobbies, focus on work, go back to school, take a trip, do literally anything but obsess over this ratty tattered chuckledick franchise for a while.

In the grand scheme of things, the Jets ARE 100% meaningless.

Perspective.

Ban this traitor.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, nico002 said:

God help me 

Only thing I can tell ya is that I think the realistic expectations were an 8-8 season... God help us all, I know we're tired of this 10+ year narrative, but this really was going to be a building block year, theoretically... 

And if nothing else for optimism's sake... The back-half of the schedule is a bit easier on paper. Things look grim as can be at the moment, but we might be inline to maybe see some improvements post week 5/6... 

Just throwing things out there to try and help!

• Upvote 1

I understand the people who say to just put things into perspective, its just a game, etc.... and you are all 100% right.

HOWEVER, it is just infuriating that for something that should be an escape from all of the issues in our actual lives that we have to endure just more pain and misery. When you watch fans of other teams get to extract so much joy out of their teams and we just get this garbage year after year it just plain sucks.

The season being over is obviously not the end of the world and doesn't ruin my life, but it just sucks.

• Upvote 2

last10.jpg

Here you go, walk off the ledge.  Let's see if we can pull a rabbit out of the hat on Monday and eke out a win. 

1-2 with Sam coming back after a bye and groins and shoulders and OL's healed we can still make something out of the season.  We may open 2-4 but don't forget, we've got a 7 game stretch that is quite winnable and it is still conceivable that we can be 8-5 or 7-6 with 3 games to go.

SAR I

3 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

For the Jets 2019 season, it's a disaster. For Sam Darnold, it's just a speed bump. He has a long career ahead of him. As for me, I'm now looking forward to the start of the NHL season. Although with my luck Taylor Hall or Jack Hughes will contract malaria..

My exact thoughts today lol. Bluejackets fan here. 

• Upvote 1

Our defense stunk without Mosley and Darnold was probably our best hope for a turnaround from the offense.  I think we’re lookkng at 0-6.  
Unfortunately I have to agree. We could be looking at another top 5 draft pick. I was so hoping for a team that would compete at a much higher level than the last 5 seasons. Snakebit, unlucky, call it what you will but this one hurts.

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

I told you in early July, or even June, what to expect.

But nooooo, what do i know? how dare I. 

From buttfumble to , mono lips Darnold.

Guys named Darnold do not become the next big thing.

Notice Mayfield  already has 4 commercials  before he even took a snap. And now they'll probably score 47 points on the Jets. 

• Thumb Down 3

Hard not to feel somewhat discourged today.  But I am not going to let this run of bad luck (following a bad game) ruin my enjoyment of the Jets season. 

A week ago I thought maybe 8 wins and with a couple of breaks we could make a run at a wild card, now, it appears to be a longhot.  Still looking forward to the game Monday night as well as the 14 games following that.  Trips planned to Philly and Miami -- still looking forward to them.  Just going to enjoy watching my team and see how the season plays out.  Not giving up; but expectations are not real high either.  Just gonna see how it plays out. 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If this does collapse and we have a top 3 pick, id take another qb.

We can eventually trade one of them down the road.  But we do not yet have a definitive answer at the position.

You draft one at 2 or 3 and let them compete.

Imagine having sam darnold and justin herbert on the roster?  Good problem to have.

Agree. Maybe consider trading Darnold. He's a Maccagnan pick, and that's proving to be the kiss of death.

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

It's Week 2 and the season is already over.

Darnold out for who knows how long. Enunwa done forever. Bell and Mosely banged up. They can't even figure out how to get a professional kicker on the roster.

You seriously can't make this sh*t up. Only the Jets.

This kind of talk should get your ass kicked in the locker room.  It's not over.  It didn't even start. Man the **** up.