Roll with Siemian or Trade for QB?

FlightBoyz

Mono is awful I've had it. Darnold will be out for a while. I'd say mid season latest. The season is still salvageable tho. Only week 2. Schedule is obviously tough. Siemian has experience could win a few games or totally bomb. Will see what he's capable of on Monday. But If he sucks and your JD do you pull the trigger on a QB. Possibly Taylor, Mullins, Teddy or even Tannehill? Thoughts

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 17

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Roll with Siemian and accept the suckage

No way in hell we should trade away a draft pick for a QB.

It’s another lost year. Accept it.

While you goofs are wasting your time getting pissed off on Monday Night, I’ll be getting smashed and watching Robocop.

It’s not necessarily a lost year. Siemian is a competent backup in the short term. Key is the health of Bell and Mosley, with them we are still competitive. 

• Upvote 2

If I were JD I would not trade unless it was an offer he could not refuse. Yet other teams know they are in a tough spot. So my thought is the team is what it is and built from there. JD is going to need 2-3 years to get this team straightened out hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

explain

AT best youre trading for a capable backup QB if you dont have one.  In all honesty, Falk as the backup, knowing the offense is a better bet than anyone available

Whos coming in and having to learn the offense whos a better option that Siemian?

It why the Jags picked up a backup with Folk out for 11 weeks

• Upvote 1

My view is unpopular, I am sure, but I wouldn't waste a single snap playing Trevor Siemian.  He's the poster child for "never gonna be the guy".

I'd rather play Falk to be quite honest, since the season is already lost before week 2.  Hell, I'd rather play any prospect, young, not-quite-sure-about-them-yet type QB than to play Siemian.  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

If I were JD I would not trade unless it was an offer he could not refuse. Yet other teams know they are in a tough spot. So my thought is the team is what it is and built from there. JD is going to need 2-3 years to get this team straightened out hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

JD will do what no other man has done in 50 years...........

How do you spend anything on a guy who will be here for 3-4 weeks at most and doesn’t know the playbook better than Siemian? Like, this isn’t Madden 20, you can’t just trade for a guy, insert him in the starting lineup and get results. Whoever they spend draft capital for would literally JUST be getting a playbook opposed to Trevor, who has had the playbook as well as  time/reps around the offense all offseason.

• Upvote 3

Just now, slats said:

Siemian is one of the league's better backups. You just roll with him and hope for the best. If he falters, you give Falk a go. It's not like the Jets just went from Super Bowl favorite to lost season, they went from marginal playoff possibility to not really a playoff possibility. Joe Douglas should hold onto his assets for his first real offseason next year.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

AT best youre trading for a capable backup QB if you dont have one.  In all honesty, Falk as the backup, knowing the offense is a better bet than anyone available

Whos coming in and having to learn the offense whos a better option that Siemian?

It why the Jags picked up a backup with Folk out for 11 weeks

Fair enough.  That doesn't make it a non-legitimate question though.  It was fair because Siemian and Falk can come in and make us look like a high school offense.  

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Gase has been impressed with Siemian from his time in Denver which is why he got him. What could go wrong? Gase thought a retired Cutler was a good idea and look how that worked out!

Also, Hackenberg is still available.

Osweiller through for 380 yards and 3 TDs against the Bears last year with Gase. Not sure any other QB did better against that defense.