Roll with Siemian or Trade for QB?

FlightBoyz

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Siemian is one of the league's better backups. You just roll with him and hope for the best. If he falters, you give Falk a go. It's not like the Jets just went from Super Bowl favorite to lost season, they went from marginal playoff possibility to not really a playoff possibility. Joe Douglas should hold onto his assets for his first real offseason next year.  

Bingo. Siemian is one of the league's better backup QBs, so who are you going to trade for that's better than him?

Roll with Siemian, and be prepared to move to Falk if the season goes South and Darnold isn't healthy enough to return.

Roll with him but like Vedvik he’s on a short leash. If he’s ok and doesn’t lose games stay with him. I was more impressed during preseason with Falk. I think he’ll get a chance to play. Of course Gase could go out and sign a Qb. He did it in 2017 when he signed Cutler after Tannehill was out for the year.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we traded for Tannehill I would laugh my ass off, in the way you laugh your ass off as you are going to the guillotine during the french revolution because the tart you were humping squealed that you were really a french nobleman and not a humble shoemaker.

Could you imagine. 

33 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Fair enough.  That doesn't make it a non-legitimate question though.  It was fair because Siemian and Falk can come in and make us look like a high school offense.  

No they didnt.

And the legitimacy is based on whos available as an option, thats all.

52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My view is unpopular, I am sure, but I wouldn't waste a single snap playing Trevor Siemian.  He's the poster child for "never gonna be the guy".

I'd rather play Falk to be quite honest, since the season is already lost before week 2.  Hell, I'd rather play any prospect, young, not-quite-sure-about-them-yet type QB than to play Siemian.  

Part of me agrees with this a lot, but in the early part of a season under a new Coach I don't think it would send the right message.  It would signal throwing in the towel and a move toward trying to evaluate and develop Falk.  Gase doesn't want to send that signal in Week 2 IMO.

With that said, I wouldn't mind Trevor having a short leash.  If it's ugly, if he's playing bad, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to make a switch, even at half-time vs. Cleveland.

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My view is unpopular, I am sure, but I wouldn't waste a single snap playing Trevor Siemian.  He's the poster child for "never gonna be the guy".

I'd rather play Falk to be quite honest, since the season is already lost before week 2.  Hell, I'd rather play any prospect, young, not-quite-sure-about-them-yet type QB than to play Siemian.  

I know you have me on Ignore but I agree with you 100% here.

So there!

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Good question. We don't want to see our Super Bowl aspirations go down the drain.

last10.jpg

Time out, chief.  We were not winning the Super Bowl this year.  But we were making the playoffs.  And we still can.

2-4 can get us to 8-5 when healthy with 3 to go.  We have a good team that's hit a ridiculous bump in the road.  The season's not over.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

last10.jpg

Time out, chief.  We were not winning the Super Bowl this year.  But we were making the playoffs.  And we still can.

2-4 can get us to 8-5 when healthy with 3 to go.  We have a good team that's hit a ridiculous bump in the road.  The season's not over.

SAR I

So we aren't winning the division like you said. 

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So we aren't winning the division like you said. 

Are you going to spend the day making me re-state the obvious? 

We needed to split with the Pats and win either the Cowboys or Eagles games to win the division and that's not happening now.

If Semen can steal the Browns game and Darnold can return by Week 5 there is a shot at a wildcard.

SAR I

I'm no doctor, but the only thing that would actually keep him out until midseason will be if his spleen and liver are enlarged (symptom of mono). Obviously he can't play any contact sports until thats resolved. However, most common symptoms will resolve close to 2-4 weeks. With him being a pro athlete and getting top notch care I could realistically see him playing week 5 at the earliest and maybe week 7 at the latest. 

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We needed to split with the Pats and win either the Cowboys or Eagles games to win the division and that's not happening now.

If Semen can steal the Browns game and Darnold can return by Week 5 there is a shot at a wildcard.

SAR I

No. He can’t. From what I’m ready Darnold will be out awhile. We’re going to lose a lot of games. I definitely would not rule out an 0-6 start. 

After that- it all goes south and you know it. The players stop playing, the fans raise hell and the media piles on. It’s the Jets being the Jets. People starting the draft threads are not wrong. The Jets are picking in the top 5 again. So sit back and enjoy the ride and be ready to wait another 12 months for a football game that actually means something.

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You've been snorting too much blow Woody