FlightBoyz

Roll with Siemian or Trade for QB?

9 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

They should tank as far as I'm concerned. There's no way they we were going to make the playoffs anyway. Even without an injured QB.

I really love this. In one week this board has gone from expecting playoffs to openly advocating tanking. Amazing fanbase.

• Upvote 4

Take it in the booty for Jerry Jeudy!!

I’m all in on this one as a saying.

I’ll wait to see how the jets play the next month or so but this is quality stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

While you goofs are wasting your time getting pissed off on Monday Night, I’ll be getting smashed and watching Robocop.

MURHPY. I'M A MESS!

image.png.7b04560a091b71ccdbcc49427f47caed.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

They made a good point on TV this morning - that Siemian and Darnold at this point in their careers are not that far off as a QB. In a couple of years Darnold will be much better, but at this point it isn't what it's made out to be. I think they win this week - Siemian will be better than a sick Darnold was last week. I hope he can squeeze a couple of games and then go on a run with the weaker part of our schedule.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

They made a good point on TV this morning - that Siemian and Darnold at this point in their careers are not that far off as a QB. 

if this were truly true they wouldn't have sold all those 14 jerseys in the offseason 

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if this were truly true they wouldn't have sold all those 14 jerseys in the offseason 

We all know Sam is going to be much better in the long run, but right now, I think Siemian can be a solid player for us for a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

We all know Sam is going to be much better in the long run, but right now, I think Siemian can be a solid player for us for a few weeks.

He can be. The guy has some experience, and has won games in the league.

A situation like this is the reason why we went out and got an experienced backup QB in the first place.

Losing Darnold hurts, but Siemian can drive the bus if other players step up and do their part.

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Losing Darnold hurts, but Siemian can drive the bus if other players step up and do their part.

what other players? Like Sam Ficken and Darryl Roberts? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

what other players? Like Sam Ficken and Darryl Roberts? 

Well, was thinking more of Bell, Thomas, Anderson, Crowder, Griffin, Montgomery.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

The line has jumped to Browns -6.5 and tickets are going for $20 per on StubHub. It’s Week Two.

get in a rowboat, rose can tread water.

23 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Tank, get a great draft spot then trade out and pick up some valuable picks and start building. 

Agreed.  Then, I'd add, take at least two OL in the first three rounds.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

They made a good point on TV this morning - that Siemian and Darnold at this point in their careers are not that far off as a QB. In a couple of years Darnold will be much better, but at this point it isn't what it's made out to be. I think they win this week - Siemian will be better than a sick Darnold was last week. I hope he can squeeze a couple of games and then go on a run with the weaker part of our schedule.

That’s laughable. Watching two minutes of practice and or pre season would make that abundantly clear. Darnold was/is going to be a top 10 QB this year. Don’t let a quiet game vs the #1 D fool you. 

On 9/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Tank, get a great draft spot then trade out and pick up some valuable picks and start building. 

Lol. I thought that was the plan after last season.

Let's see what Simien has as a QB. If we lose this week, I can see 0-6. If we win maybe we can go 2-4? Anything higher than 2-4 (if we win this week) would be a miracle.

LL

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Lol. I thought that was the plan after last season.

It should have been the plan for like the past 5 or 6 seasons. We've continued to have terrible GM's that refuse to accept the fact that a foundation needs to be set before building a winning franchise. 

We had a moron who went all in with Ryan Fitzpatrick for goodness sake. lol. 

• Upvote 1

my son had mono when he was fairly young-----9 or 10. It did not last long. I think there are varying degrees.  But it does weaken the patient.  So even when his spleen returns to normal he may beed to build strength

On 9/12/2019 at 1:52 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Gase has been impressed with Siemian from his time in Denver which is why he got him. What could go wrong? Gase thought a retired Cutler was a good idea and look how that worked out!

Also, Hackenberg is still available.

Honestly - Cutler would probably be a better option than Siemian right now. Neither has played a game since 2017.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Honestly - Cutler would probably be a better option than Siemian right now. Neither has played a game since 2017.

787CED41-5F72-4AC4-B372-DB57B9F08F24.jpeg.097ece7a7434151336e100bb89e3ceda.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

my son had mono when he was fairly young-----9 or 10. It did not last long. I think there are varying degrees.  But it does weaken the patient.  So even when his spleen returns to normal he may beed to build strength

Can he kick FGs?

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, DJF71 said:

TANK!!  Suck worse than the Dolphins and then fleece somebody for a Ricky Williams type draft trade.

We've tanked for over a decade now. 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, FlightBoyz said:

Roll with Siemian or Trade for QB?

My goodness. Remember when we thought having to go to our QB2 was bad?

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

My goodness. Remember when we thought having to go to our QB2 was bad?

We could go with Payton Manning, who ever is stood behind that line is getting killed.