Jump to content
sec101row23

2020 Draft Prospects, Who do you like??

Recommended Posts

Well, it’s about that time.  Probable top 10 pick, who’s is on everyone’s wish list?  

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't beleive we had to go here already, but I may as well throw out a copuple of names.

Bama WR Jerry Jeudy or Georgia LT Andrew Thomas

Lol...I know, a bit early, but given the circumstances I figured I would throw that out there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worlds worst fan base 

Whats the difference?  Whoever we draft at whatever spot in the draft people here will bitch and moan, lol. 

EDIT, those who buttfumbled this are exactly the type of whiney, moaning fans I thought of when I wrote this.  Like flies to shlt

  • Upvote 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of how this season turns out, im taking a qb w/ a first, second or 3rd round pick.  Imagine we had spent a pick in the draft and had a guy like stidham coming in monday night?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Worlds worst fan base 

It’s a fanbase that accepts reality and constantly proactively looks for ways to improve and discusses how to. It’s actually a good thing. It sucks but it will hopefully payoff one day. Discussion obviously doesn’t impact the outcome but this team has made it fun to be armchair GM and speculate at least. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't beleive we had to go here already, but I may as well throw out a copuple of names.

Bama WR Jerry Jeudy or Georgia LT Andrew Thomas

I’d imagine LT or WR, will be some really good prospects for both. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Can't beleive we had to go here already, but I may as well throw out a copuple of names.

Bama WR Jerry Jeudy or Georgia LT Andrew Thomas

is Fromm a prospect or no?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Regardless of how this season turns out, im taking a qb w/ a first, second or 3rd round pick.  Imagine we had spent a pick in the draft and had a guy like stidham coming in monday night?

We already have a good QB prospect. It doesn’t matter who QB is without the proper supporting case which we’ve neglected since 2010. Build the foundation first and then you can truly gauge a QB.

It makes no sense to keep drafting QBs when your OL and WRs are trash. That’s what hurts a QB. Darnold would probably be fine if he had the right supporting cast. The root of the problem is NOT the QB. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We already have a good QB prospect. It doesn’t matter who QB is without the proper supporting case which we’ve neglected since 2010. Build the foundation first and then you can truly gauge a QB.

It makes no sense to keep drafting QBs when your OL and WRs are trash. That’s what hurts a QB. Darnold would probably be fine if he had the right supporting cast. The root of the problem is NOT the QB. 

The root problem of the jets is they havent had a qb since joe namath.  They most definately have to take a qb in next years draft.  

If you want a lineman and wr, you can take those.  But qb must be selected in rounds 1,2 or 3.

  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The root problem of the jets is they havent had a qb since joe namath.  They most definately have to take a qb in next years draft.  

If yku want a lineman and wr, you can take those.  But qb must be selected in rounds 1,2 or 3.

no

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nico002 said:

This is the best WR class in a long time. 

It’s looking like a good one.  It will give the 2014 class a run for its money.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, lets talk draft 2020. Why stop there, who's coming out in 2021, we should look at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is we dont draft enough qbs.  We take one, and then wait years before we take another.  And then sh!t like this happens and were screwed.

We need to have 2 qbs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

This fanbase really sucks.

I think you got it backwards, this team really sucks.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Regardless of how this season turns out, im taking a qb w/ a first, second or 3rd round pick.  Imagine we had spent a pick in the draft and had a guy like stidham coming in monday night?

Imagine Stidman on the team

Says no on

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

This is the best WR class in a long time. 

so defensive tackle it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peebag said:

I think you got it backwards, this team really sucks.

 

No its the fanbase. Why does the team suck? Because Darnold got Mono? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s looking like a good one.  It will give the 2014 class a run for its money.  

we drafted a bunch of WR in that year no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s a fanbase that accepts reality and constantly proactively looks for ways to improve and discusses how to. It’s actually a good thing. It sucks but it will hopefully payoff one day. Discussion obviously doesn’t impact the outcome but this team has made it fun to be armchair GM and speculate at least. 

This fanbase is anything but "fun"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The root problem of the jets is they havent had a qb since joe namath.  They most definately have to take a qb in next years draft.  

If you want a lineman and wr, you can take those.  But qb must be selected in rounds 1,2 or 3.

We may have a QB but we don’t knew because we don’t have an offense that’s good enough mainly due to OL. We will never be able to gauge ANY QB until that problem is fixed first. You wouldn’t build the house before the foundation that it sits on. There is a logical order. Something the Jet GMs have not understood. We can agree to disagree, just explaining my thought process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

This fanbase is anything but "fun"

Well I enjoy this board and most posters so there’s that. Maybe that’s fun to me haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

we drafted a bunch of WR in that year no?

3.  Two in the 4th round Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans.  One in the 6th, Enunwa.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sec101row23 said:

3.  Two in the 4th round Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans.  One in the 6th, Enunwa.   

i must have slept thru seasons 2015-2017 because i don't recall seeing those 4th rounders play for the jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well I enjoy this board and most posters so there’s that. Maybe that’s fun to me haha. 

Could be, bet I've been beat up by this for a bit more time that you have though, lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nico002 said:

no

So if we took Stidham in the 3rd or 4th round, he had the awesome preseason he just had, and was now going to play monday night....

You dont think that is a much better situation then what we have now?  You would be pumped to watch stidham monday night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

This is the best WR class in a long time. 

But are there any overweight, nonathletic tight ends w/suspect hands ala Jace Amaro that we could draft instead? Because if so, put me down for a hard yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i must have slept thru seasons 2015-2017 because i don't recall seeing those 4th rounders play for the jets

In one of the deeper drafts we’ve seen in a long time, Idzik managed to avoid drafting any of the talent in that draft.  It’s almost like he intentionally avoided talent with all 12 picks.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if we took Stidham in the 3rd or 4th round, he had the awesome preseason he just had, and was now going to play monday night....

You dont think that is a much better situation then what we have now?  You would be pumped to watch stidham monday night?

No, I wouldn't be pumped. Darnold is younger and more talented than Stidham in every way. Semen is 13-11 as a starter, he gives us a better chance than any late round rookie would. Darnold is out for 3-6 weeks, not the season.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...