2020 Draft Prospects, Who do you like??

sec101row23

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So all your eggs are in the darnold basket?  How is that a smart thing?

I'm done with eggs. To me its Darnold or bust. I've said before if this kid doesn't work out I'm walking away. The Jets need to put the assets around him to succeed. He's 22, hes the #3 pick in the draft, he's one of the best college QBs ive ever seen, he's shown the ability to play at an Elite level in the nfl. If we can't make Darnold work we aren't making anything work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

I'm done with eggs. To me its Darnold or bust. I've said before if this kid doesn't work out I'm walking away. The Jets need to put the assets around him to succeed. He's 22, hes the #3 pick in the draft, he's one of the best college QBs ive ever seen, he's shown the ability to play at an Elite level in the nfl. If we can't make Darnold work we aren't making anything work. 

oh stop it

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Best college qbs you’ve ever seen?  He had one great game against notre dame and a mediocre career beyond that.

You dont watch much college football to make a statement like that.

Thinking about the draft is a good way to stay sain. The players are going to what they do and will hope for wins. In the meantime, enjoy analyzing future players.

Jets have a draft pick in all rounds except the 7th. I’m expecting a pick in the 8-15 range. Guys I’ll be looking at are Jeudy WR, Thomas OT, Wirfs OT, Lamb WR, Adebo CB, Fulton CB, Hall CB and Ruggs WR.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

is Fromm a prospect or no?

I don't see it. 

Game manager does a great job with the offense pre-snap, but I have seen him leave tons of big plays on the field.  Still have not had that defining game where we need Fromm's arm to win us a game and he gets it done.  Does not have the upside of the two guys we let go.  Decent, but not spectacular arm.  I don't see him as an elite NFL prospect.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

They need 4 top 10 picks for a WR, LT, Edge, and CB and be able to keep their 2nd round for a RG and 3 rounder for a Center. Then, wah la

Pretty much, but I think they can find a WR in rd 2 (JuJu, etc.), a C in 3 and a RG in 4.  

With some FAs there is a chance. 

Being lazy these are the top five of needed positions copy and pasted from tankathon. Most of them are on the top list of the current big boards. Obviously it’s too early but it give us players to watch.

OT

1 Andrew Thomas - GEORGIA

2 Walker Little - STANFORD

3 Trey Adams - WASHINGTON

4 Tristan Wirfs - IOWA

5 Tommy Kraemer - NOTRE DAME

WR

1 Jerry Jeudy - ALABAMA

2 Laviska Shenault - COLORADO

3 CeeDee Lamb - OKLAHOMA

4 Tee Higgins - CLEMSON

5 Henry Ruggs III - ALABAMA

EDGE

1 Chase Young - OHIO STATE

2 A.J. Epenesa - IOWA

3 Yetur Gross-Matos - PENN STATE

4 Julian Okwara - NOTRE DAME

5 Terrell Lewis - ALABAMA

CB

1 CJ Henderson - FLORIDA

2 Kristian Fulton - LSU

3 Trevon Diggs - ALABAMA

4 Bryce Hall - VIRGINIA

5 Jeffrey Okudah - OHIO STATE

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

WR

1 Jerry Jeudy - ALABAMA

2 Laviska Shenault - COLORADO

3 CeeDee Lamb - OKLAHOMA

4 Tee Higgins - CLEMSON

5 Henry Ruggs III - ALABAMA

It would be masterfully typical for the Jets to break a 19 year streak of not taking a wide receiver in the first, with being suckered into the fools gold that is Shenault. I can see it already…

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It would be masterfully typical for the Jets to break a 19 year streak of not taking a wide receiver in the first, with being suckered into the fools gold that is Shenault. I can see it already…

Why no love for Shenault? He has the size and speed, runs good routes, has good hands, catches in traffic and has good YAC. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why no love for Shenault? He has the size and speed, runs good routes, has good hands, catches in traffic and has good YAC. 

It’s early to be so absolute on my end, but besides speed/size, I disagree with what you listed. I’m not even sure he’s an receiver in the NFL.

say what you want about my hit rate for WRs (which is actually fairly good), but I’m batting like 0.950 on WRs who I think are going to struggle/not live up to their billing. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s early to be so absolute on my end, but besides speed/size, I disagree with what you listed. I’m not even sure he’s an receiver in the NFL.

say what you want about my hit rate for WRs (which is actually fairly good), but I’m batting like 0.950 on WRs who I think are going to struggle/not live up to their billing. 

It’s definitely too early to pick but he’s someone to watch. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s definitely too early to pick but he’s someone to watch. 

i would say that's the case with most, but after watching him last year, he's going to have to do a lot to win me over. He's oversized Percy Harvin who;'s been winning athletically, not technically. We'll circle back to this months later, but i see more of an H-Back/F-TE than WR

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if we took Stidham in the 3rd or 4th round, he had the awesome preseason he just had, and was now going to play monday night....

You dont think that is a much better situation then what we have now?  You would be pumped to watch stidham monday night?

He was no better than Falk

I wouldnt be pumped for Falk.  You and you alone would be.

I would have been pumped for Darnold.  

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Best college qbs you’ve ever seen?  He had one great game against notre dame and a mediocre career beyond that.

You dont watch much college football to make a statement like that.

How could you say this and manage to get the team in which Darnold played his big signature game against, wrong?  Like, that's utterly amazing.  His "big" game was against Penn State.

• Upvote 1

Also, don't even bother talking about QBs.  They aren't abandoning Sam.  This team and this place are f*cking miserable enough already.  If we're seriously going to have these draft discussions, let them be realistic, serious, and not filled with moronic hot takes like drafting f*cking Jake Fromm.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Lets face it this season was lost once they retained Mac for draft/free agency.  He had no idea how to build a team, only seemed interested "winning" the draft by drafting safe picks that played low impact positions (aside from Darnold which he dumb lucked into).  This team is so poorly constructed and so thin everywhere except for DT's and safeties its pathetic.  It will also take years to clean this sh*t up so there is actually a next man standing to take over on injuries which always happen.  Probably just enough time for Darnold to get his new contract wasting his cheap years.

Sorry if this thread doesn't contain enough #JetUp, might want to try

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1