***Thursday Night Football*** Buccaneers vs Panthers

joewilly12

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Those aren’t swords. 

The stripe in the helmet mimics the shape of a sword as it comes to a point at the front top;

• The silver-gray accent colors of the sword have a much more pronounced presence throughout;

• The shoulders of the jerseys are two-toned silver in the shape of a sword

10 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Everyone but the Jets can find a guy to rush the passer off the edge. This guy Barrett is unblockable today

8 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Shaq Barrett having a great game coming off the edge with 3 sacks. He was available late in FA for little money. Many of us felt he would be a good signing. Thanks Macc!

Amazing isn't it?  We have guys like Nathan Shepherd on the roster who has never touched an opposing teams QB in an NFL  game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I have to give Bowles credit.  His D played very well against SF first week too.

Now I’m starting to think it was the Bottom of the heap ROSTER handed to him by Maccagnan.

Bowles was not the DC here...  one of his 50 colossal mistakes was handing full control of the D to Kacey Rogers.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

True.

But now I’m thinking a much greater degree of the problem was a garbage roster with no depth.  Tough for any coach to succeed or at least not look bad.

Total and utter nonsense, the defense was on bowles and anyone thinking it was all kacy rogers is out to lunch.

Also anyone excusing bowels fro being anything less that an utter joke of a coach is totally out to lunch.

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Both of those athletic QB's looked like crap. Newton missed so many wide open throws I lost count. 

Thee guys are well paid pros. He threw them exactly  where he was supposed to. That' why he hasn't been let go and he's  paid so much. Notice how the both fu____ up enough to keep the game close at the end and didn't' challenge  the ball spot  when Carolina  was driving  on the 2 minute drive

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Total and utter nonsense, the defense was on bowles and anyone thinking it was all kacy rogers is out to lunch.

Also anyone excusing bowels fro being anything less that an utter joke of a coach is totally out to lunch.

I'm not making excuses for Bowles, I'm one of his harshest critics on this site, just saying I think the needle of blame has to be pushed even more Maccagnan's way with the non-stop very bottom dwelling rosters he put together.

Would I ever want Bowles coaching the Jets in any capacity?  No.

I'm just saying that I have now seen Bowles D play more of a 60 minute game for 2 consecutive weeks than I ever saw it play in 4 years with the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Bowles was not the DC here...  one of his 50 colossal mistakes was handing full control of the D to Kacey Rogers.

Same scenario that played out in Carolina tonight...4th and 1/2 a yard for Carolina at the end of the game at the 1 1/2 yard line.  Gadget play to Maccaffery snuffed out by Bowles D....Ballgame.  I was surprised that Carolina didn't just use Newton on a sneak for the 1st like they've done a million times but I guess Tampa's D was getting too much penetration all night.

If that play was run against Bowles D in NY and MOST IMPORTANTLY Jet personnel I think they get the 1st down or TD 99% of the time.

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bowles is like wade phillips.  Great coordinator but lousy head coach.

The key is Bowles is a great coach but he was not ready to be a HC of a organization that had no clear direction and headed by a GM with no strategic plan.

Also he remained loyal to DC Rogers who in the main was awful!!!! And Bowles also went and got guys living in the mountains to help train and develop the franchise QB

Put the latter two things together and you have a mediocre HC which Bowles clearly was. 

Think Bowles managed all on his own to assemble the worst overall coaching staff in the entire NFL.  

Now that takes effort!!!!

Poor  to mediocre HC, Period 

7 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Tampa will make the playoffs

Usually I ignore you.

Have you actually watched Jameis Winston play?

Every third game he turns the ball over 3 or 4 times.

Last night he protected it.  The next game or the week after, he will be flinging it into triple coverage.

Yeah... not gonna happen.

• Upvote 1