Todd Bowles - DC extraordinaire

Jetsfan80

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^^ This was the purpose of the thread, for those wondering.  Bowles' most egregious mistake was hiring, and keeping on, Kacy Rodgers as the DC.  Otherwise he deserves much more of a pass than he gets around here.  

Bowles found a DC job in 5 minutes.  Macc.....still unemployed.  

How about 3 OCs in 3 years? He gets a pass for that?

O’Connor said he knows for a fact that Bowles got everyone he asked for personnel wise for the first three offseason, and the defense last year was what he was trying to build.

FFS with this crap, Bowles and Mac were both awful, really awful

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

O’Connor said he knows for a fact that Bowles got everyone he asked for personnel wise for the first three offseason, and the defense last year was what he was trying to build.

So Macc, the supposed highly touted talent evaluator, leaned entirely on Todd Bowles for personnel decisions?

Wow, Macc looks even worse in that light.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So Macc, the supposed highly touted talent evaluator, leaned entirely on Todd Bowles for personnel decisions?

Wow, Macc looks even worse in that light.

I don’t know, that’s the way O’Connor made it sound with D, but yeah, both suck balls, and Mac sucking more doesn’t make Bowles even the slightest bit better.

i wanted Bowles, was excited we got him, and spent two years defending him, he was atrocious, arguing who is worse between Bowles and Mac is arguing about a puke soup or a sh*t sand which....

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^^ This was the purpose of the thread, for those wondering.  Bowles' most egregious mistake was hiring, and keeping on, Kacy Rodgers as the DC.  Otherwise he deserves much more of a pass than he gets around here.  

mac is no dummy.  the jets are still paying him.  he'll be kept in coffee for at least a year or two.

• Haha 1

Bowles has always been a very good DC, just a terrible HC.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

The claims that Bowles was a bad DC were only ever bitterness from (understandably) fed up fans.

What the hell is there to be bitter about?  Thats so stupid. I'll never understand hating somebody because they sucked. Yes Bowles was a bad HC. We took a chance on him and it didn't work out. So what? Alot of people are bad at their jobs. It happens. I don't think anybody should hold any ill will towards him ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's gone get over it. He was a TERRIBLE HC but he's no longer here. Who gives a rats butt ?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I watched the entire game.  Carolina’s offensive line is actually worse than the jets OL and Newton looks washed up

Bowles didn’t do anything great and he wasn’t good in AZ either they still had a top ranked D after he left.  Panthers suck this year contain McCaffrey that’s all you need to do to beat them

Not sour grapes just being honest

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Mac should save his money

he will never sniff another GM job ever again

He was about to be Fired as a SCOUT in Houston and then his ex boss conned the Jets into giving him the GM job.

Probably the first time that has happened in NFL history...”Bad Scout handed GM job”....ONLY the Jets.

Maccagnan showed no morals in taking a job that was well above his pay grade in the first place.

And at the end of the day there are reports that virtually no one in the NFL had any rapport with him.  Basically no one knew the guy.  Imagine that, a “GM” In NY and no one knows him haha.

Guy would sit in his locked office, watch videotape and pick out players who never had a chance to be pros at a rate almost unprecedented in NFL history, almost all having nothing to do with the league inside 11 months.

Also, the rest of the Jet FO supposedly never saw the guy hahaha.  Absolutely no leadership, no chain of command.

He doesn’t deserve the lowliest Scouting job...forget GM.

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, rangerous said:

after seeing the long line of failed mac draft picks it makes you wonder why bowles just didn't quit instead of take it.   imo bowles gets far too much blame for the jets record.  he made some some mistakes with discipline and he was more of a players coach than the jets needed.

I hate to agree here.  But it holds water   ? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He was about to be Fired as a SCOUT in Houston and then his ex boss conned the Jets into giving him the GM job.

Probably the first time that has happened in NFL history...”Bad Scout handed GM job”....ONLY the Jets.

Maccagnan showed no morals in taking a job that was well above his pay grade in the first place.

And at the end of the day there are reports that virtually no one in the NFL had any rapport with him.  Basically no one knew the guy.  Imagine that, a “GM” In NY and no one knows him haha.

Guy would sit in his locked office, watch videotape and pick out players who never had a chance to be pros at a rate almost unprecedented in NFL history, almost all having nothing to do with the league inside 11 months.

Also, the rest of the Jet FO supposedly never saw the guy hahaha.  Absolutely no leadership, no chain of command.

He doesn’t deserve the lowliest Scouting job...forget GM.

Look I’m a broken record the problem starts at the top Woody is the worst or second worst owner in the league he and his brother both know nothing about football, are inept and they meddle

Look at the Idzik and Mac hires.  Look at the Tim Tebow trade or throwing Rex under the bus in ‘14 refusing to sign any corners when Revis was a UFA

Mac was a HORRIBLE drafter.  He admitted to having never watched Nathan Shepherd play in college or even watching tape of him.  Mac admitted he drafted him based entirely on being impressed with him do drills in shorts and a T-shirt 

I hope Douglas turns out ok.  So far the Vedvik abortion isn’t a good look but he did pull a fast one on NE with Thomas 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Look I’m a broken record the problem starts at the top Woody is the worst or second worst owner in the league he and his brother both know nothing about football, are inept and they meddle

Look at the Idzik and Mac hires.  Look at the Tim Tebow trade or throwing Rex under the bus in ‘14 refusing to sign any corners when Revis was a UFA

Mac was a HORRIBLE drafter.  He admitted to having never watched Nathan Shepherd play in college or even watching tape of him.  Mac admitted he drafted him based entirely on being impressed with him do drills in shorts and a T-shirt 

I hope Douglas turns out ok.  So far the Vedvik abortion isn’t a good look but he did pull a fast one on NE with Thomas 

Agreed with everything you say.

The Johnson’s will never sell.  This team appreciates about $200,000 PER DAY...Win or Lose.

I didn’t know the full Shepherd story...Jeez haha

Yeah....really surprised how Douglas handled the Kicking situation.  I can’t handle it if he’s another bust of a FO guy.  At least he knows that OL is important...I hope haha.  Something happens to even competent people the second they work for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

Todd Bowles is the poster child for the Peter Principle. No shame in that, he is a solid DC and that's a mighty fine career to have. Still don't understand the blind allegiance to Kacey Rodgers, though, who is objectively terrible.

Bowles should've been his own DC as HC of NYJ. Would've turned out better for him.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Todd bowles is arguably the worst HC in our storied franchise.....   doesnt matter what he did before.  Doesnt matter what he does now

Come on Now!!

Kotite and it isn't even up for debate!  Kotite didn't even know the names of the guys on his own team!

https://deadspin.com/the-16-worst-coaches-in-modern-nfl-history-512701096

https://www.businessinsider.com/worst-coaches-in-history-2011

https://www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/the-10-worst-nfl-head-coaches-ever/

Good Grief!!

On 9/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Agreed with everything you say.

The Johnson’s will never sell.  This team appreciates about $200,000 PER DAY...Win or Lose.

I didn’t know the full Shepherd story...Jeez haha

Yeah....really surprised how Douglas handled the Kicking situation.  I can’t handle it if he’s another bust of a FO guy.  At least he knows that OL is important...I hope haha.  Something happens to even competent people the second they work for the Jets.

Unfortunately as a Jet and Knick fan I’m stuck with the worst owners in their respective leagues

All I can hope for us by some fluke draft picks like Sam Darnold and RJ Barrett turn out to be great it’s the only way to get around the stupidity 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come on Now!!

Kotite and it isn't even up for debate!  Kotite didn't even know the names of the guys on his own team!

https://deadspin.com/the-16-worst-coaches-in-modern-nfl-history-512701096

https://www.businessinsider.com/worst-coaches-in-history-2011

https://www.sportsbreak.com/nfl/the-10-worst-nfl-head-coaches-ever/

Good Grief!!

Kotite also made the playoffs as a HC

They were both terrible but Bowles somehow gets a pass from the media 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Unfortunately as a Jet and Knick fan I’m stuck with the worst owners in their respective leagues

All I can hope for us by some fluke draft picks like Sam Darnold and RJ Barrett turn out to be great it’s the only way to get around the stupidity 

I got you beat..Jets, Mets and Knicks since forever.

Barrett doesn’t even have a jump shot.  I’m not too high on him, especially where he was picked.  Hope I’m wrong.  Thought they’d at least rig the draft like I always thought they did for Ewing.  How can they let their most important market..NY...turn out a garbage product in perpetuity?

I truly believe Sam Darnold is the goods and will be an outstanding QB, although I’m not liking some of these road bumps.

The only times the D looked good last year was when Bowles had to take over playcalling from Kacy Rodgers, due to some mystery illness.

One of the things that submarined his tenure here was the propensity to stick by his guys even when they sucked like Kacy

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Kotite also made the playoffs as a HC

They were both terrible but Bowles somehow gets a pass from the media 

When Kotite “made” the playoffs he had one of the greatest teams in NFL history and then proceeded to underachieve with that team. 

And as far as Bowles goes, he did a poor job here PERIOD......

But to say Bowles is on same level as Kotite, a guy who didn’t know the name of his own players and who skipped his own practices to go golfing is preposterous in my opinion.