GREENBEAN

JETS Fandom Pushing Rich Eisen Over The Line to Madness?

This has been a long week. The Browns game was supposed to be our relief—seeing Darnold lead the team to a W. I tried to expect the unexpected but even then you get surprised. Mono?!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rich is trying really hard there.

#michiganman

• Haha 1

Sports fans. This is why you should have NO EXPECTATIONS about any season. Because random stuff will happen and hit you in the face.

Jets fans should know better than to have expectations. 

• Butt Fumble 2

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Same, after this news broke, I always wonder what Rich thinks/will have to say about it.

My favorite Rich moment was in 2013 at the draft...2nd round:

(Jet are on the clock)

Mayock: Hey Rich, you know who's still on the board yet right?

Rich: Dont say it Mayock, dont talk about it.

Mayock: I'm just saying Rich, there are still questions at the position, and it makes a lot of sense.

(Cherbet announces the pick) GENO SMITH

Rich(sounding so down and defeated): "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh they did it, the really went ahead and did it"

Camera cuts to Rich, ad he's trying to hide the fact he's a fan, and continue doing his job, but the amount of tears he was crying on the inside couldn't be hidden.

like that Eisen knew not to touch that turd

not really important ... but any idea who Rich/Mayock wanted us to take instead?

name recognition-wise the only "name" player I see is  Lev Bell picked shortly after

next qb wall Glennon in round 3

no biggie ... just made me wonder

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Sports fans. This is why you should have NO EXPECTATIONS about any season. Because random stuff will happen and hit you in the face.

Sports fans, you mean like Pats-fans, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants. To name a few tell them to have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Random stuff like:-

Bad ownership.

Poor hiring.

Bad Head Coaches.

Bad Coaching staff.

Lack of vision.

Terrible GM’s.

Piss poor Drafting.

No plan.

All this leads to NO EXPECTATIONS, not Random events.

Although the events of the last week has woke me, to the possibility of not giving a sh*t about this God forsaken Franchise I’ve cared to follow for almost 40 years.

I’m beyond pissed, and having to read your sh*t pushes my fooking buttons.

Do us a favour and give it a rest.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sports fans, you mean like Pats-fans, Steelers, Cowboys, Giants. To name a few tell them to have NO EXPECTATIONS.

Bad ownership.

Poor hiring.

Bad Head Coaches.

Bad Coaching staff.

Lack of vision.

Terrible GM’s.

Piss poor Drafting.

No plan.

But that's exactly the point. If you know they're going to suck, don't get enthused. 

Random events are the injuries. 

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Drums said:

This has been a long week. The Browns game was supposed to be our relief—seeing Darnold lead the team to a W. I tried to expect the unexpected but even then you get surprised. Mono?!

Impossible to possible to see coming. Even for some of us who are most prepared for disaster. lol 

• Haha 3

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

But that's exactly the point. If you know they're going to suck, don't get enthused. 

Random events are the injuries. 

Knock it off.

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Knock it off.

I don't understand what seems to be the disconnect. I think we're in agreement. My statement about expectations is basically about all sports but especially for Jets fans because of those things you mentioned

6 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Bad ownership.

Poor hiring.

Bad Head Coaches.

Bad Coaching staff.

Lack of vision.

Terrible GM’s.

Piss poor Drafting.

No plan.

Although the events of the last week has woke me, to the possibility of not giving a sh*t about this God forsaken Franchise I’ve cared to follow for almost 40 years.

I’m beyond pissed, and having to read your sh*t pushes my fooking buttons.

Do us a favour and give it a rest.

lol   Why this is so funny to me has be the saddest thign ever. When you look back at our husrtory it's truly laughable with the GM's and Coaches we've had. Add to that the players we've rooted for. 

That said here I am... believing again in guys like Douglas who can't even get a kicker in here. We'll see what the plan is snd how it goes but Mono?  Q's career ending in game 1?   Come on.  Rich Eisen's face says it all, 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

th?id=OIP.9dSXSwUQWUbA-HghXf-67gHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Really ???

OMG I hope the person who made that shirt got the mono. 

• Haha 3

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't understand what seems to be the disconnect. I think we're in agreement. My statement about expectations is basically about all sports but especially for Jets fans because of those things you mentioned

I just deleted an angry rebuttal. I don’t think your aware enough to realise what your saying. I’m going to leave it there, because I’m In a mood to say things that will get me banned.

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You really don't know what it is to be a fan.  That much is obvious.

16 hours ago, Drums said:

No, no ,no. The Browns game was going to be a really tough one. It was an L before the season started on most Jet fans calendars. The Bills game was supposed to be a W. 

• Upvote 1

When I feel down about this season, I just think back about Macc, Bowles, Kacy, and Bates. Then I feel a little better. Things are looking up after all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think its the other way around. As a sports fan you DO have certain expectations coming into the season. Regardless of how your team performed the year before and what transpired in the offseason. At the very least you are hoping that your rookies impress. At the VERY least. At MOST you are hoping somehow this team turns itself into the March Madness version of a Cinderella story. No sports fan goes into the season having zero expectations from his/her team, then why watch? Why pay attention? Why care at all? Might as well me a fair weather fan who only comes out and cheers when the team is in the playoffs and you barely know who plays what position.   

Ahhh yes... the seed has been planted for next year. Darnold cant stay healthy.

Rich feeding the hysteria.

Explains the mindset of some jets fans 

• Upvote 1

Oh really ... There is a team four hours north that would beg to differ.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

No, no ,no. The Browns game was going to be a really tough one. It was an L before the season started on most Jet fans calendars. The Bills game was supposed to be a W. 

I know :(

But now, with a rookie head coach and basically because they're the Browns, I imagine they might be looking past this game. Not getting my hopes up but I wouldn't be surprised if it is a better game than we thought it would be with our new lineup. Still sucks though because I was looking forward to this game more than any other game this year.

19 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Same, after this news broke, I always wonder what Rich thinks/will have to say about it.

My favorite Rich moment was in 2013 at the draft...2nd round:

(Jet are on the clock)

Mayock: Hey Rich, you know who's still on the board yet right?

Rich: Dont say it Mayock, dont talk about it.

Mayock: I'm just saying Rich, there are still questions at the position, and it makes a lot of sense.

(Cherbet announces the pick) GENO SMITH

Rich(sounding so down and defeated): "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh they did it, the really went ahead and did it"

Camera cuts to Rich, ad he's trying to hide the fact he's a fan, and continue doing his job, but the amount of tears he was crying on the inside couldn't be hidden.

Look I was pretty sure Geno was too dumb to be a starter in the league. But I still don’t kill Idzik for that pick—at least not as much as other things he did. At the time Geno had been considered a possible overall number 1 a mere 6 months earlier. With where Jets where, the risk was worth it. And this is coming from one of the most vocal Geno haters on the board.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:13 AM, PepPep said:

I think its the other way around. As a sports fan you DO have certain expectations coming into the season. Regardless of how your team performed the year before and what transpired in the offseason. At the very least you are hoping that your rookies impress. At the VERY least. At MOST you are hoping somehow this team turns itself into the March Madness version of a Cinderella story. No sports fan goes into the season having zero expectations from his/her team, then why watch? Why pay attention? Why care at all? Might as well me a fair weather fan who only comes out and cheers when the team is in the playoffs and you barely know who plays what position.   

Hope and expectations are two different things. I hope things go well but I don't expect them to