That Teddy Bridgewater trade

I could be wrong, but didn’t the Jets trade TB for a 2019 3rd rd pick? That one we used to draft a player who was cut before opening day? 

So basically TB was traded for nothing. 

Actually the jets gave away a 6th rd pick too. So the jets spent a 6th to get rid of TB

I just wanted to add this to the things to cry upon around here ?

it sucks being a jets fan ... ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 12
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t the Jets trade TB for a 2019 3rd rd pick? That one we used to draft a player who was cut before opening day? 

By a different GM yes

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Actually the jets gave away a 6th rd pick too. So the jets spent a 6th to get rid of TB

I remember when I was against trading Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick given our history with drafting, let alone drafting players in the 3rd round. 

It does suck being a Jets fan. But, when havent the Jets sucked? That comes with the territory. 

33 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

This is what the Jets do !!!

Duh-Einstein-fanpop-win-29591610-475-251.jpg

we had just drafted sam to be our starter moving forward ... teddy was on a 1 year deal ... he wasn't going to stay with us as a backup for years to come  (funnily enough that wound up being exactly what he now is doing in NO)

getting that pick for him was one of the very few checkmarks in the plus column for McCoffee

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The guy we picked with the Bridgewater pick - Chuma Edoga - is still on the roster.

Polite was picked with our own 3rd rounder.

If Edoga becomes the starting RT, this trade is easily a win.

Teddy over Semien doesn’t make a difference. 

Plenty of reasons to dog Macc, trading Teddy for Edoga isn’t one of them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Teddy doesn’t exist. 

Have you ever met him?

Me neither. He’s just an apparition. Or a hologram beamed down from “moon”. 

And you still think the kicker missed by accident  vs Seattle lol.

Teddy exists, to do what ever the nfl tells him to do. 

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

If Edoga becomes the starting RT, this trade is easily a win.

Teddy over Semien doesn’t make a difference. 

Plenty of reasons to dog Macc, trading Teddy for Edoga isn’t one of them. 

Edoga's done nothing to confirm that this isnt one of a plethora of reasons to dog Macc. 

However, history would side with dogging him out. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Math 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The higher one!

He was also a free agent this past offseason.  Was there ever a chance he was going to reup with the Jets for 2019 without testing the market?  I don't see it.  He is getting more than $5M more than Siemian.  They got something for nothing.  The thing to complain about was giving $10M to Uncle Josh. 

That's fair. 

2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Bridgewater was a free agent we would have lost him for nothing end of season

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Bridgewater was a free agent we would have lost him for nothing end of season

We would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick.  The trade itself was roughly what Teddy was worth, so it wasn’t a great ‘trade’ perse.  The valuable thing was signing him in the first place, which I gather was largely of his own choosing and less a coup for a GM.  But whatever, I consider it the best net win for us in Macs entire miserable career here

Look we didn’t need Teddy a year ago and getting a third rounder for him was a good deal. NO gave up a lot because they wanted an experienced backup to cover them if Brees injured. Actually I like their no 3 QB Hill who is a hybrid in the role theoretically Tebow was supposed to have with us.  I was hoping if the Saints cut him we’d pick him up. 

• Upvote 1

It takes a true SOJF to try to spin signing a free agent to a one year deal and trading him for a 3rd rounder before the season even starts as a bad thing. Even if we drafted Hackenberg with that 3rd rounder the trade is still phenomenal; it would be the draft pick that is bad. It is mind blowing that this is how a person actually thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Robbins said:

It takes a true SOJF to try to spin signing a free agent to a one year deal and trading him for a 3rd rounder before the season even starts as a bad thing. Even if we drafted Hackenberg with that 3rd rounder the trade is still phenomenal; it would be the draft pick that is bad. It is mind blowing that this is how a person actually thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know about “phenomenonal” but Bridgewater is way overrated by jets fans and that was before the horrific injury

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

ummm.  Mac is gone. We all know what he did, but thanks so much for enhancing. What a rich contribution to the board.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

You are wrong, Cnuma Edoga was the pick from the Bridgewater trade.

• Upvote 1