Jets have not posted the Gregg Williams press conference on their site.

Jetsbb

Look I was never a fan of Williams. I saw part of the interview and thought Williams was flippant. Do I believe OBJ that Williams coaches up his players to injure guys. I don’t know most NFL players wouldn’t listen to that they have respect for their opponents and know many of them. They aren’t looking to take a guy out with an intentional low hit etc. OBJ has an ax to grind with Williams over his injury. But it’s true other teams tried to bait him and distract him with threats etc and it worked. It got him off his game because when he’s on they can’t cover him. But back to Williams. Is he capable of telling a player to injure somebody. The evidence says he is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Look I was never a fan of Williams. I saw part of the interview and thought Williams was flippant. Do I believe OBJ that Williams coaches up his players to injure guys. I don’t know most NFL players wouldn’t listen to that they have respect for their opponents and know many of them. They aren’t looking to take a guy out with an intentional low hit etc. OBJ has an ax to grind with Williams over his injury. But it’s true other teams tried to bait him and distract him with threats etc and it worked. It got him off his game because when he’s on they can’t cover him. But back to Williams. Is he capable of telling a player to injure somebody. The evidence says he is. 

It’s sure how he got to the super bowl. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just watched a clip of Beningo on that Good Morning Football show and the entire set looked like they saw a ghost when he 1. sh*t all over the Jets and 2. said Beckham's doesnt care about football. 

The disconnect between the national media (twitter) and everyone else has never been wider. 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Just watched a clip of Beningo on that Good Morning Football show and  and the entire set looked like they saw a ghost when he 1. sh*t all over the Jets and 2. said Beckham's doesnt care about football. 

The disconnect between the national media (twitter) and everyone else has never been wider. 

??????

If anyone things greg williams is the only guy to ever act like this in pro football they are laughably naive.

Also people are trying to blast you into next week on every play of the game if they have the chance.

In addition the play OBJ was bleating about was a low football hit but since the defenders can no longer go high at all you take the guy down how you can.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Williams did a great job here. He served his time, he does not need to answer to stuff that happened in the past.

Nobody is asking him to answer to stuff that happened in the past. They're asking him to answer to accusations that he did the same thing again. Which he should probably take a little more seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Just watched a clip of Beningo on that Good Morning Football show and the entire set looked like they saw a ghost when he 1. sh*t all over the Jets and 2. said Beckham's doesnt care about football. 

Link?

4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Nobody is asking him to answer to stuff that happened in the past. They're asking him to answer to accusations that he did the same thing again. Which he should probably take a little more seriously.

Why would he throw gas on that fire when there is no evidence other than Odell running his mouth?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He was trolled by Odell. This was an opponent playing mind games. It wasn't a league inquiry. Belichick wouldn't sit there answering it. Talk about the game or move on. Williams handled this very well.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Did again?

Even with bounty gate the accusation was he gave out bonuses for players who knock a player out of a game.

Thats not the same as he coaches his D players to cheap shot and injure players.

Every D Coor. should be teaching his players to hit hard, be aggressive, intimidate and have WRs looking over their shoulders

OBJ is a pussy looking for an excuse for always being injured.  His sprained ankle had nothing to do with his ankle break later in the season.   Poor baby, it changed his life?  

He should just STFU but no one on that team seems to be able to do that

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Williams did a great job here. He served his time, he does not need to answer to stuff that happened in the past. Odell is being Odell and Williams is right when he tells the media they are feeding this. Now that is their job, so that is why they asked the questions. His job is to coach the defense so he was 100% right to just move past the old stuff. I think he handled it very well.

there's a fine line between taking a cheap shot and a good tackle.  i'm pretty sure he did have a bounty system in new orleans but does that mean he espoused taking cheap shots or just making sure the ball carrier or qb pay, all within the rules.  the thing is when these guys don't tackle the right way, like leading with their heads, they're more likely to get injured than if they tackled using the right technique.