Forget about tanking

Philc1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Even if we go 0-7.  Second half of our schedule is way easier including two games versus the Dolphins who would lose to Rutgers and the Giants look horrible  plus Sam will be back at 100%

I can't imagine the egg you're going to have on your face when the Jets actually lose to the Dolphins.

• Thumb Down 1

Look we’re not tanking but who would you tank for? What player is so great that you lose all your games on purpose to get them. The Jets have a QB. We got last years reported best player in the draft going into the draft and so far he isn’t great. Not worth tanking for. J Clooney the big D player only a few years ago is good not great and was just traded. Many guys drafted later are better. Not all the time but many. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we’re not tanking but you would you tank for? What player is so great that you lose all your games on purpose to get them. The Jets have a QB. We got last years reported best player in the draft going into the draft and so far he isn’t great. Not worth tanking for. J Clooney the big D player only a few years ago is good not great and was just traded. Many guys drafted later are better. Not all the time but many. 

The idea would be to get a high enough pick that someone would want to trade up with us to get their QB.

This is basic stuff that Jets fans don't understand because we've never tanked properly, ever.  

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look we’re not tanking but you would you tank for? What player is so great that you lose all your games on purpose to get them. The Jets have a QB. We got last years reported best player in the draft going into the draft and so far he isn’t great. Not worth tanking for. J Clooney the big D player only a few years ago is good not great and was just traded. Many guys drafted later are better. Not all the time but many. 

They would tank for the equity in the pick. If a QB rises to the top of the draft board, some team would want to trade up and secure their QB of the future. That makes our draft with a plethora of extra picks.

• Upvote 1

You normally tank for a Qb and that is it.  We have a QB.  Also we are so incredibly inept at tanking there are no worries.

In the last 10 years there is probably been about a half dozen times we SHOULD have tanked but won some meaningless game to screw ourselves.  Much like last year for instance.

• Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Even if we go 0-7.  Second half of our schedule is way easier including two games versus the Dolphins who would lose to Rutgers and the Giants look horrible  plus Sam will be back at 100%

Same won’t be 100% this year. From symptomatic mono to full recovery let alone football shape? Nope. Better luck next year pal. 

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Same won’t be 100% this year. From symptomatic mono to full recovery let alone football shape? Nope. Better luck next year pal. 

What year does the current CBA expire? Is it 2020 or 21?

Just imagine a half or full season work stoppage on top of this mono thing...

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I read up on it and it says it can take months even years to fully recover from. I always thought it was a couple weeks and you’re done. 

Not at all. I got it in 10th grade. Fucking  liver swelled up and I still get blown liver enzymes in my blood work. Wears you out . Kid won’t be right this year. Just the way it is. 

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You normally tank for a Qb and that is it.  We have a QB.  Also we are so incredibly inept at tanking there are no worries.

In the last 10 years there is probably been about a half dozen times we SHOULD have tanked but won some meaningless game to screw ourselves.  Much like last year for instance.

The thing is if we had a top 2 pick we could trade down and get a bunch of picks back

50 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think it affects different people differently a kid on my high school basketball team got mono during the season and came back for the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No one is thinking of tanking.

Its the NFL.

You dont get it