Tom Brady to participate in pregame coin flip at the Super Bowl.

Sharrow

February 02, 2006

Coin toss for Brady

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will participate in the coin toss prior to Super Bowl XL in Detroit, the league announced on the NFL Network today.

In announcing Brady's role with the coin toss, NFL officials noted he will become the first active, non-participating player to be involved with the coin toss.

With the Super Bowl being held in Detroit, it will be a homecomeing of sorts for Brady, who played at the University of Michigan.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I can see it now....

{ Tom Brady says " Heads or tails? "...Jermoe bettis yells "HEADS"...Brady flips the coin way up in the air...and..out of nowhere here comes CHAMP BAILEY...He's streaking down the sideline...35....30...25...20...15..10...5...TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS }

Cindy Brady hobbles off the field in shame.

I can see it now....

{ Tom Brady says " Heads or tails? "...Jermoe bettis yells "HEADS"...Brady flips the coin way up in the air...and..out of nowhere here comes CHAMP BAILEY...He's streaking down the sideline...35....30...25...20...15..10...5...TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS }

Cindy Brady hobbles off the field in shame.

POTW NOM

It appears that there will be some pre-game ceremony where many of the SB MVP's will be on the field - and one was chosen to participate in the coin flip. It appears to be Tommy boy. Why Brady was chosen, I do not know. My guess is looks. :P

Archived