Dunnie

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So reminds me of sitting in the Meadowlands, coming off the playoff loss in Denver. 

We, most were thinking that we were one of the favorites to win the SB and bang, Vinny throws himself to the turf to grab a fumble from C Martin, who never fumbles.   

And in that split second the season was over.  Done

This is NOTHING

I remember that well.

The two most depressive single instances I recall at Jet games was Vinny going down and Victor Cruz' 99 yard TD at 3rd & 10. In both instances I could almost physically sense the energy of the stadium drain. 

I say we don't think of anything else but the Jets (we're still fielding a team of professional football players, remember?) punching the Browns on the nose Monday night - we can worry about big pictures later.

54 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You are right gastaneu roughing was among the worst but still its always something.... 

It's unreal... The absurdity of your brand new promising QB starting his sophomore year getting Mono... 

What other franchise has this luck... Favre not telling his coaches he had a torn shoulder... There starting QB get put in the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game to go down for the year... A broken jaw from a LB before the season starts... Etc... Etc... 

What other franchise has drafted a RB in the same draft before the all time leading rusher... Drafted a WR before the all time leading reciever and a QB before the all time leading passed... Not once but twice (Brady and Marino)... 

There is a reason they are the butt of all jokes... 

Just absurd stats that pile up year to year... 

Even little things like longest int return without a TD... Etc. 

It's just funny and insane all at once 

Agree with all except poor Gasteneau.  There were so many plays that led to that loss.  The Gasteneau hit wasn't even the worst but he's the poster boy for SOJs.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now, Nut, I'm no historian, but when you derisively use the term "SOJs" to describe Jets fans that are, say, a wee bit cynical about the chances of this team, and given light of recent events regarding this team that are fairly comparable to the overarching history of the franchise, wellllll, um, (how do I put this delicately?), um, do you have a traumatic brain injury or what?

Actually sir you are very confused.  Same Old Jets Fans isn't the same as Same Old Jets.  

Youve twsited a SOJs into SOJFs.

A reread is needed.  :) 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, sackdance said:

I remember that well.

The two most depressive single instances I recall at Jet games was Vinny going down and Victor Cruz' 99 yard TD at 3rd & 10. In both instances I could almost physically sense the energy of the stadium drain. 

I say we don't think of anything else but the Jets (we're still fielding a team of professional football players, remember?) punching the Browns on the nose Monday night - we can worry about big pictures later.

The most depressing game in 42 years of STs because we such favorites, made so many moves that screamed Parcells was going for it.  

And in an instant it was gone.  On opening day, not 11 games in like Favre or in a conference game like Cleveland or one of the AFCCGs 

Too many to count but that opener was the worst for me 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

:Man falls off of a building; screams on way down:

Jet Nut: Same Old Gravity

[team plane crashes, killing the entire roster and coaching staff and most of the front office; the NFL, unsure of how to proceed, simply contracts the franchise and reassigns all team history and records, including the Super Bowl III championship, to the Giants]

JET NUT: lol cant wait to see how the SOJFs spin this into a negative

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Hael said:

I’m looking at that end of the year schedule everyone says is so easy, and I see a ton of trap games and teams with some pretty interesting and challenging rosters.  Yea ok, we should beat the Dolphins twice, but after that, It’s far from a gimme.

If the defense and running back play to their potential, we will be favored in 6 of the 7 games in that stretch.

SAR I

15 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I have decided.to buy a ticket on this doomed voyage .. I may even meet up with SAR this year .... No more moaning .. next man up ... Let's go !!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My Great Aunt was on the Titanic. She boarded in Ireland (Cobh). 

I'm good. 

15 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I hate this team... Every time you start to feel good, boom something happens... It's a modern sports tradegy.. Damn why always this team.. 

Let's go Jets ?‍♂️ 

Totally agree.  But what's also amazing about this franchise is just when they gut punch you they do something like beat the Browns at home on Mon night.  Also have the fact that we're playing the Browns (much like playing the Cardinals, Bengals)...they're more cursed than we are.

13 hours ago, Jerichoholic said:

Another bold prediction: Trevor semen is the second coming of Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He probably is better than Darnold at this point of their careers. But Macc should be called Mother Goose for leaving the cupboard so bare. We'd need a HOF calibre QB to mask these deficiencies and keep us in games with this very bad defense.

7 hours ago, Chris & Woody's Butler said:

Totally agree.  But what's also amazing about this franchise is just when they gut punch you they do something like beat the Browns at home on Mon night.  Also have the fact that we're playing the Browns (much like playing the Cardinals, Bengals)...they're more cursed than we are.

It actually is true that the Jets historically win games they have absolutely no business winning when expectations are at their lowest. But then they lose three in a row as favorites to follow that up.

But I'll spare you the suspense: this isn't one of those times. The Browns are going to destroy us this week. 

16 hours ago, jgb said:

It actually is true that the Jets historically win games they have absolutely no business winning when expectations are at their lowest. But then they lose three in a row as favorites to follow that up.

But I'll spare you the suspense: this isn't one of those times. The Browns are going to destroy us this week. 

It just never changes, nothing ever gets better it only keeps getting worse and worse and it only keeps happening sooner and sooner. This is the curse of Johnson and Johnson with all of the opioid deaths of so many of our friends and relatives that they will not have to lose a single red cent over.. This has nothing to do with Joe Namath.  I hope that some day this family sells its share of the NY Jets so that maybe we can see the SOS from happening year after frustrating year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

It just never changes, nothing ever gets better it only keeps getting worse and worse and it only keeps happening sooner and sooner. This is the curse of Johnson and Johnson with all of the opioid deaths of so many of our friends and relatives that they will not have to lose a single red cent over.. This has nothing to do with Joe Namath.  I hope that some day this family sells its share of the NY Jets so that maybe we can see the SOS from happening year after frustrating year.

Better to just view every move and decision by this franchise with extreme cynicism. Maybe one day, you'll be wrong but then you get to enjoy a good team.

21 hours ago, jgb said:

Better to just view every move and decision by this franchise with extreme cynicism. Maybe one day, you'll be wrong but then you get to enjoy a good team.

I loved the last season that we went to the AFCCG John, that was a lot of fun seeing the Jets beating the Pats and then Bart saying the famous "Can't WAIT!" quote, It's been thin ice ever since that halftime karate chop to Sanchez' right shoulder by cheap shot artist James Harrison.