Asleep at the wheel

Jetster

I'm sure you have used this same speech with the rex/tanny and moreso the bowles mac regime.
The 'team can do no wrong' crowd is far worse than the doom and gloomers who have been right about almost every single thing to do with this team.

I wholeheartedly disagree. It’s significantly less fun to see impending doom around every corner than it is to have a little hope.

The truth is our opinions as fans affect very little so whether or not we complain is of no consequence. Having hope is much more fun. Especially when the team on the field rarely gives us legitimate fun for any stretch of time.
That’s why I like the offseason so much Lol.

Doom and gloomers are the worst. Whiners after one loss would be hysterical if they didn’t infect every single thread with cry baby banter.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

The Jets will not play a game that will mean anything for 12 months. Will most of us continue to watch? I’m sure- at least till it becomes unbearable ( not too far off in the future). It’s going to get real ugly when they lose a few more and Bell decides his shoulder hurts too much and it’s time to shut it down. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. It’s significantly less fun to see impending doom around every corner than it is to have a little hope.

The truth is our opinions as fans affect very little so whether or not we complain is of no consequence. Having hope is much more fun. Especially when the team on the field rarely gives us legitimate fun for any stretch of time.
That’s why I like the offseason so much Lol.

Doom and gloomers are the worst. Whiners after one loss would be hysterical if they didn’t infect every single thread with cry baby banter.

One loss?  You mean after a loss at home to a div rival we should beat and we look like garbage in, and we have a hlaf dozen really tough games coming up?

We have had 3 years of terrible play and blow the 1st game of the year. 

But no worries all is well, all our draft picks are stellar the owner is great and the coach and gm are beauts.

• Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm sure you have used this same speech with the rex/tanny and moreso the bowles mac regime.

The 'team can do no wrong' crowd is far worse than the doom and gloomers who have been right about almost every single thing to do with this team.

Team can do no wrong? 

Says who? 

How dare some of act like fans

why can I see doom and gloom, feel like a black cloud is following me? 

And better yet find a board to run to and gloat if something goes wrong or bitch about players we should have picke a year or two after they're picked

ill repeat it again, he screwed up and should have fired Macc, guess that says can do no wrong.  

He handled the kneeling protest perfectly, players love him.  He fired the coach that you hated?  That he hired the top GM candidate?  No good?  What else do you want to whine about?  

What else do you want to put him down for?  

Amazing that you don't see what you post

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I digress.

Who fell asleep at the wheel?

Woody Johnson 

Think about this for a moment. Here is a silver spooned fellow who owns an NFL team worth Billions, but he has no clue how to run it & goes out and gets advice from a guy who Bill Belichick (One of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport) has made fun of in the past. 

Bill "mumbles" Belichick who keeps everything close to the vest to the press felt the need to put Charley Casserly in his place once, publically. 

So what does our owner do? He uses advise from Charley Casserly. So after Idzik & Rex we get Bowles & Macc. Disfunction starts at the top. 

Just the idea that Woody would just up & let Chris run the team tells you everything you need to know about him. Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, these guys live & breath for their football teams, you don't associate these wealthy business owners with anything else but the Patriots & Cowboys. I think Chris Johnson LOVES the NY Jets, I really do. And I believe he has done his homework, realized he needed to strike for Joe Douglas while the iron was hot lucking into Sam Darnold & he has 2 guys here who also love football. 

Woody was asleep at the wheel here since 2010 & one look at the entire roster with very few home grown draft picks tells you everything you need to know about failure in this league. 

Your correct, Chris Johnson was asleep at the wheel. Bowles should have been fired mid-season and Macc should of went with him. At that point, he should have started the process of finding a GM. Also, should of paid up to lure Jim Harbaugh from Michigan. Instead, he let time go by, kept the GM who hired this piece of s$it of a person and head coach and this is where we stand. In 2 to 3 years we will back to GM and coach, unless Douglas is smart enough to fire the loser head coach.

One loss?  You mean after a loss at home to a div rival we should beat and we look like garbage in, and we have a hlaf dozen really tough games coming up?
We have had 3 years of terrible play and blow the 1st game of the year. 
But no worries all is well, all our draft picks are stellar the owner is great and the coach and gm are beauts.

It’s still one game. And it’s the same bi polar crap jets fans have become famous for. were you on the 12-4 division champ bandwagon after the Detroit game last year too?

Listen, we’ve sucked for far more than 3 years as you know, but calling for darnold to be replaced or for Gase to be fired after one game is just dumb. Have you missed all of the trolling and crying? This is fun to you? You think you’re being one of a “realistic fan” by whining and crying do ya?

It’s annoying and nothing else. It’s been tough to get a constructive convo going in here this week through all of the crap. If that’s fun then I guess I’m just getting old.

• Upvote 1

JD hasn’t impressed me thinking we could go into week 1 football with a guy who never kicked in metlife before.  

It’s weird. I feel very good about his pedigree but this kicker situation is really baffling. I just don’t understand why we didn’t have a true competition or even just grab a guy who has a resume in the NFL.

Clearly we lost last week as a direct result of the complete mismanagement of this position. Say what you want about the game plan or darnold or the D collapse. If we make that FG we win that game.
And now Ficken. ??‍♂️

I have quite a bit of rope available for JD, about 6 yrs worth, but this is not a good look.