1 hour ago, Lith said:

So, just to recap.  In the last 6 days we have:

• Blown a 16 point Q3 lead
  • Lost a starting WR for the season; possibly ending his career
  • Lost our QB for at least several weeks
  • Lost our top defensive FA signing for at least a game
  • Lost our first round draft pick, also for at least a game
  • Seen a player suspended for PEDs

And that is not even mentioning our kicker.  One week ago, I was looking forward to a football season with optimism, for the first time in several seasons. Still looking forward to the Monday Nighter, but hard to be upbeat about the season at this point.

And Henry Anderson was fined $10,527 for the late hit (if that even matters).

2 minutes ago, AbstraKt said:

And Henry Anderson was fined $10,527 for the late hit (if that even matters).

Only thing that matters is that late hit started the chain of events that has gotten us to this point.  Everything was looking good right up to that late hit.  Late hit extended the drive, and it has been all bad news since.

0-6 here we come...  and even if sam comes back say in 6-8 weeks - anyone who thinks this guy will be back @ 4 weeks is to call me directly because I have some prime real estate in AZ for you - he may not be physically fit let alone football shape. 

Just wondering if we happen to win say 4 games  where the hell would we be via draft?   

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Time to see what the Jets are made of

You know what they're made of. Without a few decent free agents they added last off-season this is a talentless zero of a team. An eternal lottery picking team that can only muster about 3-5 wins per season. That's the sh*t team Mac put together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Some people after seeing Quinnen interviewed for the first time said he seemed like too nice a guy to be a good pro football player. He had a big smile on his face and love in his heart for the world especially after he got paid. A big fat first paycheck can make you like a cruel mean world pretty fast. But when you see guys who walk the walk like JJ Watt talk he’s a genuinely nice guy and good person, too. He actually off the field walks the walk, too.  He’s helped a lot of people. So maybe you can be happy and mean all at the same time. Let’s hope so.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Some people after seeing Quinnen interviewed for the first time said he seemed like too nice a guy to be a good pro football player. He had a big smile on his face and love in his heart for the world especially after he got paid. A big fat first paycheck can make you like a cruel mean world pretty fast. But when you see guys who walk the walk like JJ Watt talk he’s a genuinely nice guy and good person, too. He actually off the field walks the walk, too.  He’s helped a lot of people. So maybe you can be happy and mean all at the same time. Let’s hope so.

Ok.... 

If Quinnen doesn’t work out its not because “he’s too nice of a person”. Also how can you tell how nice someone is based off of a 2 minute interview? 

The kid started one year in college and is learning how to be a pro football player. Let’s at least let see him play in a few games before crucifying him. 

5 hours ago, Greg555 said:

QB and best defender...out ..after game 1

QB out for several weeks...at least

no other team has worse misfortune in week 1...than our Jets

More of a chance to be 0-6 than 1-5....  but it doesn’t matter.   

A rookie DL who hasn't  even played 1 complete game is our best defender?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

well sh*t... you know what we're definitely winning now. Forget the darksider sh*t, the Browns are gonna get caught with their pants down against an overcompensating squad of men in black uniforms. **** it. I'm having fun. better than crying "tank" after week 1.

Also jeeezus that early bye is a godsend.

Yeah dude.... cool....  rock on

6 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

well sh*t... you know what we're definitely winning now. Forget the darksider sh*t, the Browns are gonna get caught with their pants down against an overcompensating squad of men in black uniforms. **** it. I'm having fun. better than crying "tank" after week 1.

Also jeeezus that early bye is a godsend.

If only our fans were more optimistic, then the Jets wouldn't be a disgrace to the NFL.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

end up with a top 2-3 pick, trade it to a team needing a QB and give this regime

How are you sure we won't need a QB?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

300 lb lazy a$$.  Called that one before the draft.  Chris is to blame for letting numb nuts pick in 2019 the lovable losers he always does.

He innately picked those who reminded him of himself.

I'm not going to bash QW, yet.  I saw lots of tape that someone analyzed and he does look like a very talented player.

The 2 biggest Villains in the whole sad making Jet fans miserable in perpetuity are 1. Casserly, for taking advantage of an out to lunch Owner and 2.  Maccagnan accepting a job he KNEW he was not qualified for (similar to the young potential doctor who finishes LAST in his class and there is some horrific mix-up at the hospital where Residents are going and a letter gets mailed to his house saying he is being appointed as Chief of Surgery and he goes in and takes the job).....and if I'm wrong and QW does not pan out that is pretty much 8 consecutive years of Jet Drafts where there is absolutely NOTHING to show for them, over 60% Owned by Maccagnan.  Maccagnan who was about to be fired in Houston is like the guy who gets fired has all his sh*t bundled in his arms, hits the bricks, and all of a sudden he sees a lottery ticket fall out of the pocket of a guy on the street in front of him, the guy knows he dropped it, is looking for it, and Maccagnan knows this yet puts his foot over the ticket until the guy is gone...and unfortunately for all Jet fans it was a Winner...it was the GM job gift-rapped to this Moron.

I think Chris Johnson has tried to do the best and most proactive moves available to him, but again he is a neophyte, and that's a big reason I think he knew he had to get Joe Douglas at all costs, and if Douglas busts at his job, I swear I think I'm done with this team for good, can't take anymore (and I have been following them for Decades, buying up every NY Newspaper as a kid when Training camp opened to get news, there was no Internet, there was no Sports Talk Radio).

Just Week 1 and like one sportscaster called it.."an Asteroid basically hit the Jets"...which is Jet "luck".

• Upvote 1