Do you think we can win Monday night?

58 minutes ago, Hael said:

I watched the Browns game last sunday, and they played a lot better than people are claiming, at least for three quarters.  The Titans are legitimately good.

The Browns shot themselves in the foot with an epic ton of penalties, but when you look at things, they were moving the ball (effortlessly too I might add) against a very good defense, and Mayfield was pretty impressive.  They forced things in the fourth and it got out of hand for them, but they're still a scary team.

My observations are they are a little less good at LB than last year, but their Dline is excellent and their secondary should get better as the season goes on.  Their OL is banged up, but theres still a lot of talent there and their skill position players are on a whole other level compared to us.  Their receivers were gashing a very strong Titan secondary.

What Tennessee showed was that's possible to outmuscle and outgrind them, so that's the avenue to success.  They're going to clean up their game so I expect fewer penalties, but I still think if we can keep it close, that they might fold in the fourth quarter like they did against the Titans.

Still, we are a big time underdog, even if we had all our pieces.

Nice write up, but the “keeping it close” bit Is the problem. Our offence far from being high powered. I suspect Trevor Siemian stats may look ok since there will be plenty of garbage time padding going on.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm just curious. I mean we will have to see an off game plan that includes passed longer than the line of scrimmage. Gase was unwilling to do that with Darnold. So who the hell knows what he will do this week.

I think we get the w if we use bell as the focus and get him some dump off but if the same off comes out. The whole we need 10 yards on this pass to the line of scrimmage stuff we are screwed.

No, I don't. 

We obviously could ("Any given Sunday", etc....), mind you.

But I see it as extremely unlikely.  A motivated, pissed off, full strength Browns vs. a defeated, Darnoldless, Moselyless, QW'less, Enunwaless Jets squad who has to be feeling pretty snakebit at this point?

No, I think an 0-5 start is our immediate future, if not worse.

15 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm just curious. I mean we will have to see an off game plan that includes passed longer than the line of scrimmage. Gase was unwilling to do that with Darnold. So who the hell knows what he will do this week.

I think we get the w if we use bell as the focus and get him some dump off but if the same off comes out. The whole we need 10 yards on this pass to the line of scrimmage stuff we are screwed.

Sure we can!!!!  All we have to do is score more points than them!!!!

21 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Absolutely yes.