Average Jet Nation fan when we win Super Bowl!

southparkcpa

Just now, southparkcpa said:

So I was thinking... in the 80s when I was in college, I said I want a SB before I die.

Well....  in a museum in Mexico City I saw this and I thought of the Jets. Right or wrong....  Go JETS!!!!

I literally wore my Jets shirts, 4 out of 5 days in Mexico. 

8C097F2F-F749-4E46-9456-2A8E45161EC5.jpeg

Hopefully you washed it. 

I’m 48 now and on the other side of life’s isle . These ****ers need to figure this shit out. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So I was thinking... in the 80s when I was in college, I said I want a SB before I die.

Well....  in a museum in Mexico City I saw this and I thought of the Jets.? Right or wrong....  Go JETS!!!!

Guy died trying to suck himself off, and poor bastard gets immortalized for it.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Well....  in a museum in Mexico City I saw this and I thought of the Jets.? Right or wrong....  Go JETS!!!!

I literally feel sad for you young's' who weren't around in Jan 1969.

The fact I was around then and witnessed it is why I am here....I have little idea what motivates the rest of you ;)

• Upvote 2

Too optimistic. Our bones will be dust by the time they win.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

The fact I was around then and witnessed it is why I am here....I have little idea what motivates the rest of you ;)

The best memory for most Jets fans is hearing our fathers/grandfathers talk about SBIII.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Guy died trying to suck himself off, and poor bastard gets immortalized for it.

Sounds like someone with experience. 

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For a guy that has so much to say about other folks life success... this is telling.

Thats not me ape thats a random picture found on a Google Search seen it for the first time on Bar Stool Sports.

Whats your deal man you seem to always want to have an issue with me and what I post. 

If it matters I don't like you either. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The best memory for most Jets fans is hearing our fathers/grandfathers talk about SBIII.

OK, I can understand that...My Dad and I talk about it all the time with my younger brother, also a rabid Jets fan, who was 1 when the Jets won in '69.

I have the Jets in '69, the NY Rangers in '94 and the NYY, well doing ok there....

But I hope for all Jets fans that this will turn around...we all should once again see the Jets win the SB.

Be faithful!!

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I was 7.....  I’m an old fukk too. ?. I really don’t remember much about it other than all the Namath hoopla. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

OK, I can understand that...My Dad and I talk about it all the time with my younger brother, also a rabid Jets fan, who was 1 when the Jets won in '69.

I have the Jets in '69, the NY Rangers in '94 and the NYY, well doing ok there....

But I hope for all Jets fans that this will turn around...we all should once again see the Jets win the SB.

Be faithful!!

Faithful means not switching to another team. Oh, I am faithful. Just realistic after 40 years of basically the same thing. And honestly it bothers me less than every year being called "not a real fan" for not getting my SB ticket deposit in early after whatever new coaching, front office, draft prospect, or free agent we picked up in the off season.

I am firmly in the "show me" camp now. Every move is a presumed fail until I see otherwise. Haven't been wrong yet, sadly.

Been this way for years now, and Sunday losses don't bother me a bit anymore. Call it gallows humor or whatever, but my weekends are a lot more enjoyable than they used to be. I'll be just as crazy happy when (if?) it ever happens as anyone else, minus the coronaries in the meantime.

• Upvote 2

The fact I was around then and witnessed it is why I am here....I have little idea what motivates the rest of you

Hahaha ! That is about as pure of a shot as I’ve ever heard.
I was born in ‘72 so I missed it. The sack exchange was enough to get me in. Then there was Freeman McNeil. Who knew I’d still be waiting?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sounds like someone with experience. 

Thats not me ape thats a random picture found on a Google Search seen it for the first time on Bar Stool Sports.

Whats your deal man you seem to always want to have an issue with me and what I post. 

If it matters I don't like you either. 

I make fun of all stupid posts equally. You’re just extremely self-centered and think you’re receiving special attention. Like a millennial, but with the “how dare anyone try to enjoy their life” bitterness of a baby boomer.

Put me on ignore. Or pretend to like a 6 year old.

Turning 60 in March. Was 8 years old. Back before the internet I worked at my Cousins Deli in Long Island. 1st order of business in the morning was a cup of coffee & then read everything I could read about the Jets in the Daily News & NY Post. 

I also subscribed to Jets Confidential & couldn't wait for the latest edition to arrive. Then I started going to Hofstra with my brother, my son & 2 nephews. We would go to practices & then hit the Good Steer on the way home for some grub. I've seen it all, the 82 mud bowl, the Gastineau roughing on 3rd & 15 in 86, the fake spike, Byers fumble in Denver & the 2nd half kickoff getting blown backwards, Vinnie crumpling to the ground while recovering a Curtis Martin fumble in 98. 

Feels like the only thing I've gotten is the Monday Night Miracle & 2010 shocker in Gillette and the infamous CAN'T WAIT from Bart Scott.

Pretty sad to think that in all that time we got 2010 in Gillette & Patriots fans have gotten 16 division titles & 6 Super Bowls ☹️

My Dad use to "Life isn't fair". Very true for us loyal Jet fans.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Turning 60 in March. Was 8 years old. Back before the internet I worked at my Cousins Deli in Long Island. 1st order of business in the morning was a cup of coffee & then read everything I could read about the Jets in the Daily News & NY Post. 

I also subscribed to Jets Confidential & couldn't wait for the latest edition to arrive. Then I started going to Hofstra with my brother, my son & 2 nephews. We would go to practices & then hit the Good Steer on the way home for some grub. I've seen it all, the 82 mud bowl, the Gastineau roughing on 3rd & 15 in 86, the fake spike, Byers fumble in Denver & the 2nd half kickoff getting blown backwards, Vinnie crumpling to the ground while recovering a Curtis Martin fumble in 98. 

Feels like the only thing I've gotten is the Monday Night Miracle & 2010 shocker in Gillette and the infamous CAN'T WAIT from Bart Scott.

Pretty sad to think that in all that time we got 2010 in Gillette & Patriots fans have gotten 16 division titles & 6 Super Bowls ☹️

My Dad use to "Life isn't fair". Very true for us loyal Jet fans.

Im a few years younger than you, also worked in a deli, read the paper, chatted with customers about the Jets. I remember being home from college in 82 during the playoffs when we beat Oakland. Hi fiving my coworker, also a big Jet fan. Then the mud bowl etc....  I simply don't see it in our near future at this point.  A team that plays Fitz and McCown is clearly NOT thinking long term and that seems to be the Johnsons.  Im sure ill get the 3-4 Jet fans commenting on how Woody's record is decent etc..  BUT there is a reason 10 teams or less have dominated the superbowls and it's not luck. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Im a few years younger than you, also worked in a deli, read the paper, chatted with customers about the Jets. I remember being home from college in 82 during the playoffs when we beat Oakland. Hi fiving my coworker, also a big Jet fan. Then the mud bowl etc....  I simply don't see it in our near future at this point.  A team that plays Fitz and McCown is clearly NOT thinking long term and that seems to be the Johnsons.  Im sure ill get the 3-4 Jet fans commenting on how Woody's record is decent etc..  BUT there is a reason 10 teams or less have dominated the superbowls and it's not luck. 

Lol, so you were slicing Boars Head back in the day to huh? I loved the Long Island Deli life, I was also going to Suffolk Community College, used the Deli money to pay for it. LI Deli is like a social event, customers become like family. I always had this nice woman who had a penchant for coming in after I had just cleaned the entire slicer & order a LB of Head Cheese. 

Like cutting plastic that gobs up the slicer, lol. I try to tell people in other states you haven't had a buttered hardroll unless you got it in LI. Poppy hardrolls delivered every morning in large cardboard boxes. 

We use to pile up all of the leftover Newspapers in the back of the Deli & shoot a shoot a 38 we kept under the counter through at for practice. The good old days.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I make fun of all stupid posts equally. You’re just extremely self-centered and think you’re receiving special attention. Like a millennial, but with the “how dare anyone try to enjoy their life” bitterness of a baby boomer.

Put me on ignore. Or pretend to like a 6 year old.

LMFAO what kind of drugs are you on, hopefully ones that can be adjusted or changed at your next Dr's or clinic visit. 

I had you on ignore for a long time then I thought why not read his drivel it cant be all that bad. 

I was wrong. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LMFAO what kind of drugs are you on, hopefully ones that can be adjusted or changed at your next Dr's or clinic visit. 

I had you on ignore for a long time then I thought why not read his drivel it cant be all that bad. 

I was wrong. 

the only drugs I need are your salty tears

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Had a job, drank coffee, and read sports page at 8. 

image.png.8b062cef0bf2acf44a3c4762984533af.png

If I was a woman under age 40, I'd absolutely be a lesbian.

37 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

When we do Eventually win one there will be fans in their early 20s watching and I’m Gona be like you lucky guys 

They will form the foundation of the douche wing of Jets fandom.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So it's safe to assume you don't own a man purse or go for a manicure and pedicure. 

You know what's funny? My wife always says to me when I bitch about the money she spends on her nails, she'll tell me I should go for a pedicure, you'll love it she says, they rub your feet & message them, it feels great. And  at 60 I'm thinking, you know what honey, having a young Asian girl down at my feet with her face perpendicular to my crotch messaging my feet & ankles just might not be a bad thing, then I catch myself & think who the hell am I kidding, if I'm paying someone to rub my feet, I'm expecting a happy ending too. Robert Kraft can't have all the fun.

• Haha 3