Ian Rappaport: Darnold out 3-7 weeks and he was affected vs the Bills. Update: Chris Mortenson says Darnold feeling better hopes to be back vs Eagles.

Jetsbb

Here is a story from a few years ago about a kid from northwest NJ who didn’t know he had mono and died from getting his spleen ruptured while playing QB.  It’s not something to play around with.  Sam was lucky he didn’t take a hit to his mid-section last week.   

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728852-death-teenage-quarterback-evan-murray-family

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I know this is hard for you Nic. Yes, most people feel better in four weeks but the fatigue could last twice that long. Sam’s not trying to return to his desk job, he needs to be healthy to be in NFL football shape. 

He's the Messiah.  Jesus could walk on water for cripesakes.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

What?

Mono is different for millionaires? 

Its a dangerous illness that can cause a ruptured spleen and death.  

If hes back for the Eagles it will wont be because of Drs only available to the rich and famous

100 percent. If you think rich people don’t get better treatment you are another plant 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

everyone needs to stop comparing their case of mono where your middle class mom from Elizabeth told you to stay in bed to a millionaire nfl qb who has access to some of the best doctors and medicine in the tri state area. I think he will be back for Eagles 

Anyone else get hot over this?

SAR I

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Most people don’t play QB in NFL. 

Exactly, he’s a high level athlete with the best medical resources in the world. Why in the world would his timetable be more than than the average joe. Sounds like he’ll be feeling good next week and then be held out for precautionary reasons until after bye, 

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

100 percent. If you think rich people don’t get better treatment you are another plant 

0 %

You have no clue what you're talking about, wouldn't be making snippy comments. 

You're not getting over mono because an expensive Dr knows something others dont.

Don't know what planet you're on where with expensive care you get over mono quicker than others.   

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Exactly, he’s a high level athlete with the best medical resources in the world. Why in the world would his timetable be more than than the average joe. Sounds like he’ll be feeling good next week and then be held out for precautionary reasons until after bye, 

Ugh, because most people dont go to work and have 200+ lbs people hitting them in the midsection.  To an area that with mono, you have to avoid being contacted? 

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Average Joe doesn't have to throw a football three yards. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This explains a lot with the Buffalo game. I’m assuming they knew he was sick, but thought it was a throat infection or the flu. Once they found out it was mono they had to shut him down.

My question is, did Gase change the gameplan/calls because he knew Darnold was sick?

Yeah that was it. They probably told him to throw off his back foot also.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah that was it. They probably told him to throw off his back foot also.

I would say a HC definitely calls a game differently with an ailing, sluggish QB

I dont think bringing up one play proves a thing, unless we're to believe that no QB ever throws off his back foot and is the reason why we lost.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, nico002 said:

That’s why it’s going to be 4 weeks instead of 2...

Mono isnt generally a 2 week and youre back to work illness

No one following the team on the internet can make an intelligent prediction on his return today without the info it would take to say thins

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Go cut grass or take a walk always looking for an argument and buttfumbling other posters. 

Who's crying i'm confronting you about the buttfumble dude, dont like it don't buttfumble.

You are such a child.

They're imaginary internet points.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1