Jetsbb

Ian Rappaport: Darnold out 3-7 weeks and he was affected vs the Bills. Update: Chris Mortenson says Darnold feeling better hopes to be back vs Eagles.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You are such a child.

He also edited the first part where he tags me and calls me out.

Guess it didnt fit the "youre arguing with ME argument he was trying to make when he clearly was starting an argument.  

Hes a baby.  Funny part is he claims hes tough and can take criticism.  LOL sure he does

@Jet Nut is infected and affected by the buttfumble. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, Mastenpark said:

Jets fans make up all the excuses. Can’t wait for the last game of the season. If he had it why would the team let him around the players

Because they didnt know?

Just some info about Mono for those not inclined to look it up:

The incubation period is 30-50 days. Basically there was no way for Sam to have known this would strike and he would have been fatigued.  Being that he's young and athletic he might have just felt a bit off as things were worsening and didn't think to mention it until it was too late because he thought he'd shrug it off.  Or he could have just felt like he was coming down with something

Fatigue is maximal in the first 2-3 weeks. While it can last months, typically in women and rare cases 6 months, it usually doesn't last this long though.

Splenomegaly occurs in around 50% of of the time and is maximal during the 2nd and 3rd wk so his spleen, as mentioned below, won't necessarily be enlarged. That would be one of the worst case symptoms as it would likely keep him from returning quicker mostly because they'd be over cautious about it considering the violence of the game.

Generally, 20% of patients can return to school or work within 1 wk, and 50% within 2 wk.  He should be fine by week 5. Like someone said it's a good thing, this year anyway, that they have a week 4 bye.

4 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I think you wait and see where you are at after 6 or 7 games. If you are 1-5, 2-6 put him on IR. If by some miracle they are like 4-2 5-2 then see where he is at and if he can go, then go. 

Thing is you really have to be careful with this. If he is even the slightest bit off, don’t play him. It is just not worth the risk. 

I disagree with this for one reason. I don’t want him to rush back..but if he’s cleared and healthy and the season is in the tank he still needs to play. We need to see as much as Darnold as possible to assess if he is who we all think he is..and that’s the future of the franchise. We can’t have him redshirt a year and go into year 3 uncertain. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold needs to get on the TB12 program and stay out of the bars in Morristown. 

But Brady hangs out in the gay bars I thought?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Was Adam Gase also infected with the mono?

I heard it was Josh McCown after their last lunch date at Chipotle's.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s the ******* franchise quarterback. He has to play hurt or sick. If he can walk, he can play. This isn’t baseball. 

So if he broke his throwing arm and obviously could still walk he should start the following week?

Guess you would think so and the one with the "pussification of America" comment

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

I mean, what the actual **** is wrong with this godforsaken franchise?  How could you subject the only hope you have to one day be relevant to life threatening injuries?  

There is no way this just popped up on Monday morning that it was Mono.

I want to throw elbows at people. 

They likely didn't know. The initial symptoms of mono is a sore throat. Strep-like even, which is what Gase had said they thought it was the day before they announced that it was mono. 

If Sam played with mono last week then he's very lucky that nothing bad happened. He could have died.

From what I remember when I had it, you start feeling better fairly quickly after starting antibiotics. So he may be telling the truth about feeling Ok. However the spleen remains enlarged for a while afterwards, so he can't do much until they know for sure that the swelling has gone down.

It sucks, but this isn't something they can rush him back from.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Says the guy who cries about being razzed here.

Never cried and never will chief.

It's the guys like you who report posts not me. 

Do me a favor and go away.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

I read only half the time does the spleen enlarge with mononucleosis. They can measure the size of the spleen but would have to compare it to a baseline to see if it is enlarged. If he ever had a scan of his organs before they will know if it is enlarged or not. He could easily be back for the Eagles if they're confident about the spleen.

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This is great news!  So he will miss two games and be ready to go coming out of bye week!

To think I was hating the week 4 bye, it may now salvage our season!!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You literally started an argument with me and then claimed it was because I gave you a buttfumble on a post that deserved one for multilple reasons tough guy

• Butt Fumble 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You literally started an argument with me and then claimed it was because I gave you a buttfumble on a post that deserved one for multilple reasons tough guy

I mentioned you gave me a buttfumble cant handle that don't give buttfumbles. 

No argument. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No argument. 

You didn't mention.  You whined about it.  

Then started arguing. 

Pretty simple. 

• Butt Fumble 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You didn't mention.  You whined about it.  

Then started arguing. 

Pretty simple. 

No whining. 

No arguing. 

You make comments I make comments back thats how a football message board works. 

I know your used to arguing with everyone but i'm trying not to fall into that group. 

I can careless about you or what you post. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Kids missing no less than half the season. As much weight he has lost, weight he will lose and how pale his skin is ? He’s gonna look like Jack Skeleton from Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas until he’s completely recovered. 

Just in time for his return around Halloween

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Man, all the drama this week and I completely forgot we still have a kicking problem.

SAR I

Add to that, coaching, managing, receiving, protecting, covering, tackling, sacking, and oh yea ownership. 

• Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

You’re gonna need a bigger boat.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JiF said:

He had it vs. the Bills.  These dumb ****s let him play.  Unreal.  Legit, unreal. 

Maybe he gave it to Kahlil. Wound explain a few things.

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No argument. 

458DEDBD-97CF-4FB2-AEB0-19E7470D6237.jpeg

No one knows exactly when Sam will be back. Not Sam, not his doctors, not people on internet message boards. He could be feeling fine today and then in two weeks feel it.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Savage69 said:

There is no way a QB can rest for 3-7 weeks no practice etc Hell he has to be away from the team he can't even been in meetings I would imagine and come back and be effective as he was before..

Rewatch the Buffalo game, he will be fine.

Yea real non pussy men would go out there and risk rupturing their spleen all so that fat sweaty Italian men in their 40s and 50s stop crying on message boards

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Add to that, coaching, managing, receiving, protecting, covering, tackling, sacking, and oh yea ownership. 

No.

When we get our 10th win and clinch a playoff spot, you'll see.

SAR I