Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GeraldSowell33

Eli is not good anymore?

Recommended Posts

Was he ever good besides a few nice moments?

have you seen his career TD/INT ratio? He’s also been the league leader in interceptions 3 times. He’s the type of guy you only win with when you have a really nice team around him. He doesn’t elevate players around him like his brother could do.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets fans would kill to see Darnold have Eli's career. But yeah. let's dump on Eli... again.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Even Mike Francesa who loves the Giants has turned on them

 
 
 
xno9ugEH_x96.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
xno9ugEH_x96.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
xno9ugEH_x96.jpg
 
 
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Was he ever good besides a few nice moments?

have you seen his career TD/INT ratio? He’s also been the league leader in interceptions 3 times. He’s the type of guy you only win with when you have a really nice team around him. He doesn’t elevate players around him like his brother could do.

He's won 2 Super Bowls and has taken a beating his entire career. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Didnt we come to this conclusion in 2017? 

2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's won 2 Super Bowls and has taken a beating his entire career. 

All by himself too. The Giants defense had nothing to do with it. 🙄

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When was he good?

This. Jones is good though lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All by himself too. The Giants defense had nothing to do with it. 🙄

The QB stirs the drink. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's won 2 Super Bowls and has taken a beating his entire career. 

Thanks to coach Coughlin, a miracle catch sprinkled in, and the best defenses in the league a couple times.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The QB stirs the drink. 

With his pen!s.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's won 2 Super Bowls and has taken a beating his entire career. 

And Nick Young has 2 rings while Chris Paul doesn’t. Rings are cool. I watch the game and see the player for how he individually performs when I assess him and Eli ain’t it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And Nick Young has 2 rings while Chris Paul doesn’t. Rings are cool. I watch the game and see the player for how he individually performs when I assess him and Eli ain’t it!

Are you a professional football talent evaluator?  

This isn't the abandoned warehouse Friday night open mic rap contest. 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This isn't the abandoned warehouse Friday night open mic rap contest. 

I’d respond with a witty comeback but I think a buttfumble would get under your skin even more.

  • Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I’d respond with a witty comeback but I think a buttfumble would get under your skin even more.

Go for it no one gets under my skin, especially not you. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Go for it no one gets under my skin, especially not you. 

LOLLLLLLL every thread I click on is you arguing with a poster over being neg repped. Cut it out. Everything gets under your skin. You’re a big baby.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

LOLLLLLLL every thread I click on is you arguing with a poster over being neg repped. Cut it out. Everything gets under your skin. You’re a big baby.

Whatever dude go lift weights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And Nick Young has 2 rings while Chris Paul doesn’t. Rings are cool. I watch the game and see the player for how he individually performs when I assess him and Eli ain’t it!

Two Super Bowl MVPs doesn't do it for you?

I agree that year in year out he hasn't been HOF caliber QB, but if I had a QB who led the Jets to two Super Bowls wins in 15 years, I wouldn't care if we never made the playoffs in the other 13. I'd still love the guy.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 14 in Green said:

Two Super Bowl MVPs doesn't do it for you?

QB’s often times own those when they win a SB. This ain’t that hard.

 

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

agree that year in year out he hasn't been HOF caliber QB, but if I had a QB who led the Jets to two Super Bowls in 15 years, I wouldn't care if we never made the playoffs in the other 13. I'd still love the guy.

Understood but I’m not looking at it as a fan. Sure if my team won two with him under helm, I’d have something positive to say but he didn’t win anything for my team so my opinion stands on stats rather than feelings.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Two Super Bowl MVPs doesn't do it for you?

I agree that year in year out he hasn't been HOF caliber QB, but if I had a QB who led the Jets to two Super Bowls in 15 years, I wouldn't care if we never made the playoffs in the other 13. I'd still love the guy.

Eli was along for the ride and made some clutch plays in the process. I'd hardly call it "leading them to 2 Superbowls". He led them to two Superbowls the same way Sanchez led the Jets to two AFCCGs.

He won 2 Superbowls with the Giants. Their defense was the engine.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Eli was along for the ride and made some clutch plays in the process. I'd hardly call it "leading them to 2 Superbowls"

He won 2 Superbowls with the Giants. Their defense was the engine.

Eli Manning Super Bowl winning QB 2 times looks pretty good on the resume. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Eli was along for the ride and made some clutch plays in the process. I'd hardly call it "leading them to 2 Superbowls". He led them to two Superbowls the same way Sanchez led the Jets to two AFCCGs.

He won 2 Superbowls with the Giants. Their defense was the engine.

And running game. 

Plus some incredible luck. The helmet catch? They don’t win without that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Eli Manning Super Bowl winning QB 2 times looks pretty good on the resume. 

MVP both times too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Was he ever good besides a few nice moments?

have you seen his career TD/INT ratio? He’s also been the league leader in interceptions 3 times. He’s the type of guy you only win with when you have a really nice team around him. He doesn’t elevate players around him like his brother could do.

That's funny since Namath led the league four times in INTs and had 200 less TDs than Eli and only 19 less INTs.

There are definitely arguments that Eli has declined, but Jets fans should not be making this specific argument.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Eli Manning Super Bowl winning QB 2 times looks pretty good on the resume. 

Resumes give a high level overview of what someone is telling you they are. It's best to dig into the details before you hire them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Eli was along for the ride and made some clutch plays in the process. I'd hardly call it "leading them to 2 Superbowls". He led them to two Superbowls the same way Sanchez led the Jets to two AFCCGs.

He won 2 Superbowls with the Giants. Their defense was the engine.

Personally I've always thought Eli was overrated, and you're right about the Giants defense. But Eli played very well in those two playoff runs, and I give him credit for performing well when he was under the big lights on the biggest stage.

I expect you to come back and say how well their D played also, and I won't argue that. I'm just giving Eli credit for being a QB who came up clutch when everyone was watching.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

That's funny since Namath led the league four times in INTs and had 200 less TDs than Eli and only 19 less INTs.

Jets fans should not be making this argument.

Namath played when you could still sniff the QBs, and hit the WRs. Totally different game and it makes no sense to compare stats from the two eras like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Resumes give a high level overview of what someone is telling you they are. It's best to dig into the details before you hire them.

For the Hall of Fame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 14 in Green said:

Personally I've always thought Eli was overrated, and you're right about the Giants defense. But Eli played very well in those two playoff runs, and I give him credit for performing well when he was under the big lights on the biggest stage.

I expect you to come back and say how well their D played also, and I won't argue that. I'm just giving Eli credit for being a QB who came up clutch when everyone was watching.

I did give him credit for making some clutch plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

QB’s often times own those when they win a SB. This ain’t that hard.

 

Be fair PK.

A game winning drive at the end of the game against an undefeated team in the Super Bowl is nothing to sneeze at. No matter how well his defense played. Or how "lucky" the Tyree and Manningham catches were.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...