Jump to content

Will Mahomes pass Montana as the best QB ever?


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I love young Yankee fans who don’t think Babe Ruth was greatest Yankee. I ask them to google greatest baseball player and it is RUTH. There is NO list, none, that don’t have RUTH as 1 baseball player.    That said... I googled Best QB and looked at 5 lists, ESPN, Sporting news etc...  ALL, no exception, have Brady.  So...   there’s that.   I’m sure there is some list that has Joe, but he is number 2 on all the lists I looked  at. 

I hate baseball it’s boring as ****. 

I don’t care what writers say and they pretend Brady/Pats didn’t get caught cheating. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brady is best QB ever......   I don’t see how after 6 rings, 9 appearances it’s even a discussion.    I hate it.... but facts are stubborn things. 

Was wide open so it was a TD bad throw though right? Inaccurate deep ball thrower right? Am I doing it right? 

No. Montana played when you could pile drive the QB, hit them low, hit them in the face. His WRs were also mugged and had to have courage to go over the middle  mahomes is playing in a different gam

Posted Images

Didn't turn on him. Just tired of patiently waiting for even decent QB play. While guys like Watson, Mahommes, and Lamar Jackson burst on to the scene immediately. 

While Jet fans have to wait for the perfect scenario and pray our QBs can string together 2 good games.

 

This Lamar Jackson sh*t has to stop. The guy had 2 good games and one of them was against the Dolphins and he didn’t exactly light it up in the playoffs last year either.

 

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Brady is best QB ever......   I don’t see how after 6 rings, 9 appearances it’s even a discussion. 

 

I hate it.... but facts are stubborn things. 

I thought it was a team sport.  Plus all those SB appearances were tainted and in many, Brady was not the reason for the win.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Considering Brady (not Montana) with 6, maybe 7 ring, Mahomes has his work cut out for him. I hate saying Brady is the best but you can't  ignore what he has accomplished.  

And he did it all by himself?  I can make a list a mile long why Brady is not the best QB.  With the constant cheating, the ridiculous calls in their favor in numerous AFC title games and the absurd gifts they were give by Seattle and Atlanta, I'm not sure he doesn't win only 1 or none.  

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CotcheryifyouCan said:

very early and tough to debate eras but he certainty could be the best qb for the next 12 years if he keeps it up. the things he does is crazy. helps he has reid at the helm but dude is def the best as of right now. and i usually say its brady even tho i hate him. 

Reid was better with Philly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The guy’s been great for a year. So he’s not the greatest of all time. My vote wouldn’t go for Montana. Off the top of my head if I had one vote it would prob go to Marino. But I wouldn’t argue if you named 10 other great QBs incl Montana. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately at this point it's a ridiculous uneven comparison due to the different eras. Football has changed completely. The players are different the rules are different, everything is different .You can't take a player from 40 years ago and compare him with a guy now. It just doesn't work like that anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To follow up I would like to ask if anybody caught the first ever Monday Night Football game between the Jets and the Browns? They just aired it on NFL Network. The players today are so much more athletic and the players back then were so much tougher. It's literally a completely different game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

And he did it all by himself?  I can make a list a mile long why Brady is not the best QB.  With the constant cheating, the ridiculous calls in their favor in numerous AFC title games and the absurd gifts they were give by Seattle and Atlanta, I'm not sure he doesn't win only 1 or none.  

He has 6 rings and is an integral  part of that teams success. Sorry, fact are hard to argue with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

To follow up I would like to ask if anybody caught the first ever Monday Night Football game between the Jets and the Browns? They just aired it on NFL Network. The players today are so much more athletic and the players back then were so much tougher. It's literally a completely different game.

More athletic? Uhh, no... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

And lost half of them as well as being caught cheating numerous times. Montana is the best QB ever 

Montana also played during an era where CB's were allowed to play defense and QB's could be hit.  Brady would have been around 4th best during that era behind Montana, Elway, and Marino.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Brady is best QB ever......   I don’t see how after 6 rings, 9 appearances it’s even a discussion. 

 

I hate it.... but facts are stubborn things. 

Because not all of us look at rings as the end all be all. Championships will always be a team thing. Not to mention that 3 of their 6 titles, they had luck/good fortune go their way (which historically alot of winning teams/players have had good luck on their side).

I don't have a problem with anybody thinking Brady is the GOAT. But I find it funny that nobody else can give any other reason aside from the flawed rings logic as to why. So if he only had 3 rings instead of 6, he wouldn't be the GOAT?

I think a better argument for Brady being the GOAT is his long sustained level of dominance. How many other QBs have been dominant for 15+ years?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I love young Yankee fans who don’t think Babe Ruth was greatest Yankee. I ask them to google greatest baseball player and it is RUTH. There is NO list, none, that don’t have RUTH as 1 baseball player.    That said... I googled Best QB and looked at 5 lists, ESPN, Sporting news etc...  ALL, no exception, have Brady.  So...   there’s that.   I’m sure there is some list that has Joe, but he is number 2 on all the lists I looked  at. 

The funny thing is that it doesn't seem like it's a guarantee that the Babe would even be good enough to play in the majors these days.

And the Montana/Brady thing, it's very hard to judge eras.  Montana played in an era where QBs got crushed.  Nowadays the league protects QBs as much as possible.  But I would still agree it should go to Brady at this point.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobR said:

Mahomes is absolutely gashing this Raiders defense. It's comical at this point since he can't throw a deep ball.

The chief offense does that to most every defense they play.  See Jalen Ramsey and the Jaguars defense last week.

To beat them you have to win a shootout , or keep that offense off the field .    

Mike Mayock thought he assembled an offense that could match that Chief offense point for point.  ( AB screwed those plans )   Not having Jj Nelson speed today( still injured)  really limited  the offense.  Was like going to gun fight , with knives. 

Ryan Grant made sense when you had Antonio Brown , and Jj Nelson. ( he’s a zone buster, but is useless against man to man). 

I would cut Ryan Grant, and promote Wr Rico Gafford from practice squad( fastest Raider player) .    Have to open up the whole field for Wr Tyrell Williams, Te D Waller and Josh Jacobs to exploit .    JJ Nelson ( out the first two weeks with ankle injury) and Rico Gafford make it impossible to double team Tyrell Williams.

The Raiders aren’t on the Chiefs level yet, but give Mayock time and they will get the weapons to compete with the Chiefs.   

Getting R Incognito back from suspension just makes the offense line that much better. ( Gabe Jackson in another couple of weeks will complete the offense line.   

Can’t get upset with this loss, as you aren’t going to see many offenses as good as the Chiefs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, King P said:

Because not all of us look at rings as the end all be all. Championships will always be a team thing. Not to mention that 3 of their 6 titles, they had luck/good fortune go their way (which historically alot of winning teams/players have had good luck on their side).

I don't have a problem with anybody thinking Brady is the GOAT. But I find it funny that nobody else can give any other reason aside from the flawed rings logic as to why. So if he only had 3 rings instead of 6, he wouldn't be the GOAT?

I think a better argument for Brady being the GOAT is his long sustained level of dominance. How many other QBs have been dominant for 15+ years?

Cant disagree with you... I can’t find any list that doesn’t have bRady number 1. to your point, for many reasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
The chief offense does that to most every defense they play.  See Jalen Ramsey and the Jaguars defense last week.
To beat them you have to win a shootout , or keep that offense off the field .    
Mike Mayock thought he assembled an offense that could match that Chief offense point for point.  ( AB screwed those plans )   Not having Jj Nelson speed today( still injured)  really limited  the offense.  Was like going to gun fight , with knives. 
Ryan Grant made sense when you had Antonio Brown , and Jj Nelson. ( he’s a zone buster, but is useless against man to man). 
I would cut Ryan Grant, and promote Wr Rico Gafford from practice squad( fastest Raider player) .    Have to open up the whole field for Wr Tyrell Williams, Te D Waller and Josh Jacobs to exploit .    JJ Nelson ( out the first two weeks with ankle injury) and Rico Gafford make it impossible to double team Tyrell Williams.
The Raiders aren’t on the Chiefs level yet, but give Mayock time and they will get the weapons to compete with the Chiefs.   
Getting R Incognito back from suspension just makes the offense line that much better. ( Gabe Jackson in another couple of weeks will complete the offense line.   
Can’t get upset with this loss, as you aren’t going to see many offenses as good as the Chiefs.
 


How many players did the Jets claim from the raiders cuts again?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...