Will Mahomes pass Montana as the best QB ever?

nico002

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

To follow up I would like to ask if anybody caught the first ever Monday Night Football game between the Jets and the Browns? They just aired it on NFL Network. The players today are so much more athletic and the players back then were so much tougher. It's literally a completely different game.

That was the first night I ever went into a bar. I was 15 and with a group of guys on our HS baseball team. One guy had a fake ID and we kept passing it through the bathroom window to the next guy waiting outside. About 6 of us, LOL.

It was an "old man's bar" on our town's Main St., we thought we outsmarted the bartender/owner. Then we realized two of the guys fathers were sitting at the bar. We didn't fool anyone, they were laughing at us. It was different back then though. They let us stay, drink beer and watch the game. Then we walked home.

The Jets lost, but the next day we were showing of cardboard coasters in school to prove we were actually in a bar, lol. We were the sh*t for a week or so because of that....

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

I love young Yankee fans who don’t think Babe Ruth was greatest Yankee. I ask them to google greatest baseball player and it is RUTH. There is NO list, none, that don’t have RUTH as 1 baseball player.    That said... I googled Best QB and looked at 5 lists, ESPN, Sporting news etc...  ALL, no exception, have Brady.  So...   there’s that.   I’m sure there is some list that has Joe, but he is number 2 on all the lists I looked  at. 

Brady is Lance Armstrong.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Jason OTC

Will always amaze me that so many QB needy teams did not draft Mahomes. Bears, Jaguars, Jets, Bengals, and Bills all passed.

I felt we needed to draft a QB every year until we found one. It's absolutely crazy how the Jets could pass on such an athletic guy with great family Genes but Andy Reid TRADES UP FOR HIM.

We deserve what we get for employing morons for years.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

To follow up I would like to ask if anybody caught the first ever Monday Night Football game between the Jets and the Browns? They just aired it on NFL Network. The players today are so much more athletic and the players back then were so much tougher. It's literally a completely different game.

What year was that

edit- 1970

• 3 months later...

I told me son that in 10 years he might look back and realize he got to watch the GOAT from the beginning of his career.  I used to think Rodgers was going to take that title over.  Now the torch has passed to Mahomes.  It's early but he really could shatter every record if he can play this way for a full career.  The kid is just unbelievably good.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

No. Montana played when you could pile drive the QB, hit them low, hit them in the face. His WRs were also mugged and had to have courage to go over the middle 
mahomes is playing in a different game

Mahomes would be playing baseball if he was looking at this

That's true. Montana also had the advantage of playing in the Walsh wco before wco was popular in the league and every defense was designed to beat it. His team was aight too.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's true. Montana also had the advantage of playing in the Walsh wco before wco was popular in the league and every defense was designed to beat it. His team was aight too.

He was on a great team, with a great coach.  Most QBs on that all time list had great coaches.

You dont get multiple rings without a lot of talent around you.

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Larz said:

No. Montana played when you could pile drive the QB, hit them low, hit them in the face. His WRs were also mugged and had to have courage to go over the middle 
mahomes is playing in a different game

Mahomes would be playing baseball if he was looking at this

You got to admit, Montana was still quite brittle though. Guys like Elway, Marino, Moon and Kelly, played in that same era and stayed on the field more often than Montana ever did. 

Montana played 15 years and only started a full 16 games twice in his career. Montana gets that "Jordan effect" at times. Instead of him being an injury prone QB, it's instead made to be like this guy was playing back when the league was lawless, as if this was the era where it was simply the norm that no QB could play a full 16 game season. Na, Montana was a great QB that was also prone to injury.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TNJet said:

No Mahomes will not pass Peyton Manning as the greatest ever.

8 hours ago, King P said:

Peyton is my GOAT as well

who knows idk GIF

Peyton was excellent, and if he's your GOAT, that's fine.

I feel that with the teams he played with, his playoff record was terrible. He was fortunate to be in Denver when Terrel Davis was so dominant. Getting a second ring there quieted the skeptics a bit. If you remember before that, all you would see before his playoff appearances were graphics showing the juxtaposition between his regular and post season record.

To me a very good comp to Peyton was Dan Marino. Two all time greats. Prolific numbers and regular season success. When it comes to a GOAT discussion though, I think it comes down to Brady and Montana. Brady has more rings, but Montana just had an aura about him. When he got the ball late in the game with his team trailing, you just knew he'd get it done.

I go back and forth, but Brady gets my nod. His number of playoff wins, and rings are something I don't think we'll ever see another QB come close to.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I feel that with the teams he played with, his playoff record was terrible. He was fortunate to be in Denver when Terrel Davis was so dominant. Getting a second ring there quieted the skeptics a bit. If you remember before that, all you would see before his playoff appearances were graphics showing the juxtaposition between his regular and post season record.

To me a very good comp to Peyton was Dan Marino. Two all time greats. Prolific numbers and regular season success. When it comes to a GOAT discussion though, I think it comes down to Brady and Montana. Brady has more rings, but Montana just had an aura about him. When he got the ball late in the game with his team trailing, you just knew he'd get it done.

I go back and forth, but Brady gets my nod. His number of playoff wins, and rings are something I don't think we'll ever see another QB come close to.

Terrell Davis? Travis, you're 7 years too late. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You forgot Bradys two SBs comebacks against Seattle and Atlanta.