Jump to content
nico002

Will Mahomes pass Montana as the best QB ever?

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

fixed

True story.

All the while I'm posting today, I'm playing what might be the slowest, most boring round of golf ever. Over140 guys in our travel group today, and the course is backed up like you wouldn't believe.

The funny part is I love to play quickly and usually would never be able to find a rhythm on a day like this. I'm playing with new irons, had a 41 with a 7 on the front, and two birdies so far on the back. I'm waiting on the tee of the par 3 16th with a really good chance to break 80. 

How do you figure golf?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to my points about how other teams feel about the cheating, other teams ARE pissed at the Patriots.  The evidence?  It wasn't the league that discovered the cheating going on.  It was the Rams, Jets and Bengals who turned the Patriots in.  Also, the Colts asked the refs to inspect the footballs when Deflategate was discovered.  The Ravens suspected it the previous week also. 

The league is sick and tired of the cheating Pats, and are tired of insulating them for the good of "the shield".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To add to my points about how other teams feel about the cheating, other teams ARE pissed at the Patriots.  The evidence?  It wasn't the league that discovered the cheating going on.  It was the Rams, Jets and Bengals who turned the Patriots in.  Also, the Colts asked the refs to inspect the footballs when Deflategate was discovered.  The Ravens suspected it the previous week also. 

The league is sick and tired of the cheating Pats, and are tired of insulating them for the good of "the shield".

Who knows, 80.

A lot of this depends on what you think "the shield" means.

Some think it's there to protect the game and it's integrity. I think it's to protect the Golden Geese of television money and gambling interests. Those are the two backbones of the league.

If gamblers start to think it's not a level playing field, there is a big problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Who knows, 80.

A lot of this depends on what you think "the shield" means.

Some think it's there to protect the game and it's integrity. I think it's to protect the Golden Geese of television money and gambling interests. Those are the two backbones of the league.

If gamblers start to think it's not a level playing field, there is a big problem.

 

Of course.  "The Shield" has never been about the game or integrity.  

I have to imagine the gambling piece has come into question.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

True story.

All the while I'm posting today, I'm playing what might be the slowest, most boring round of golf ever. Over140 guys in our travel group today, and the course is backed up like you wouldn't believe.

The funny part is I love to play quickly and usually would never be able to find a rhythm on a day like this. I'm playing with new irons, had a 41 with a 7 on the front, and two birdies so far on the back. I'm waiting on the tee of the par 3 16th with a really good chance to break 80. 

How do you figure golf?

I shot a 35 this summer. The 2nd hole was much more difficult and I shot a 40 on that one.  lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thai Jet and @southparkcpa

Just a quick (and sad) update. As usual, my short game has bit me in the a** once again.

Missed the green on 165 yard par 3, meh chip and two putts for a bogey four, another sloppy bogey on the 17th. I need an eagle on the long par 5 finishing hole to break 80. I have the same chance of doing that as I have of a super model hitting on me in the clubhouse. 😭

Oh well, I should make some nice change with a low net score though. Big field, big pot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

@Thai Jet and @southparkcpa

Just a quick (and sad) update) As usual, my short game has bit me in the a** once again.

Missed the green on 165 yard par 3, meh chip and two putts for a bogey four, another bogey on the 17th. I need an eagle on the long par 5 finishing hole to break 80. Which means I have the same chance of doing that as I have of a super model hitting on me in the clubhouse. 😭

Oh well, I should make some nice change with a low net score though. Big field, big pot.  

Damn, sucks.  Though its great to have a chance, that's something 

I know the feeling all too well, have had 40ish front 9s and ultimately one hole causes me to miss out on breaking that magic number.

Getting closer so maybe Thursday....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Damn, sucks.  Though its great to have a chance, that's something 

I know the feeling all too well, have had 40ish front 9s and ultimately one hole causes me to miss out on breaking that magic number.

Getting closer so maybe Thursday....

We used to play a game once in a while that was made for guys like you and me. It was low net and gross, but you got to throw out your highest hole on each nine. It seems like I always have one or two of those blowups, no matter how well I'm playing.

BTW @southparkcpa and @JiF   This new ghin system that took effect January 1 is crazy different.

I play the Whites so I lost about one stroke today, but quite a few of the guys played the shorter Green tees. They lost 4 or 5. It was quite the scene when they saw their scorecards this morning. LOL

The way it was explained to me was you have your Ghin hcp, let's say its a 14. The course is a par 72 but the Course Rating is a 70. Subtract the 70 from 72, that equals 2. subtract the 2 from 14, and that makes your playing handicap a 12 for the course. Under the old system, you'd get 14 or 15.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

We used to play a game once in a while that was made for guys like you and me. It was low net and gross, but you got to throw out your highest hole on each nine. It seems like I always have one or two of those blowups, no matter how well I'm playing.

BTW @southparkcpa and @JiF   This new ghin system that took effect January 1 is crazy different.

I play the Whites so I lost about one stroke today, but quite a few of the guys played the shorter Green tees. They lost 4 or 5. It was quite the scene when they saw their scorecards this morning. LOL

The way it was explained to me was you have your Ghin hcp, let's say its a 14. The course is a par 72 but the Course Rating is a 70. Subtract the 70 from 72, that equals 2. subtract the 2 from 14, and that makes your playing handicap a 12 for the course. Under the old system, you'd get 14 or 15.

Bordering on too much math, lol.

Still its all fun.  But come on, did you get your eagle and break 80?

I cant stop thinking about it.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

We used to play a game once in a while that was made for guys like you and me. It was low net and gross, but you got to throw out your highest hole on each nine. It seems like I always have one or two of those blowups, no matter how well I'm playing.

BTW @southparkcpa and @JiF   This new ghin system that took effect January 1 is crazy different.

I play the Whites so I lost about one stroke today, but quite a few of the guys played the shorter Green tees. They lost 4 or 5. It was quite the scene when they saw their scorecards this morning. LOL

The way it was explained to me was you have your Ghin hcp, let's say its a 14. The course is a par 72 but the Course Rating is a 70. Subtract the 70 from 72, that equals 2. subtract the 2 from 14, and that makes your playing handicap a 12 for the course. Under the old system, you'd get 14 or 15.

 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Bordering on too much math, lol.

Still its all fun.  But come on, did you get your eagle and break 80?

I cant stop thinking about it.😁

Im with NUT, I post my scores and let the Ghin system do it.   My index went from 12/4 to 12.6 but I am playing very poorly. Shot a 91 Saturday. haven't shot a 90 something in a while.  Gonna start practicing better.  More wedge work, chipping, pitching etc.     

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bordering on too much math, lol.

Still its all fun.  But come on, did you get your eagle and break 80?

I cant stop thinking about it.😁

Of course not, lol

Got on in 3, but had about a 50 foot birdie putt. Naturally, I 3 putted for my third bogey in a row. I still shot 81 which is about as good as it gets for me, so I was really happy. I came in 2nd in my flight (($65) but the best part was there were only 3 skins with 140 players and I got one with a birdie on the 12th hole that paid $125.. 

Today was my best round since I got back down from Long Island after the Holidays. I've been struggling.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

 

Im with NUT, I post my scores and let the Ghin system do it.   My index went from 12/4 to 12.6 but I am playing very poorly. Shot a 91 Saturday. haven't shot a 90 something in a while.  Gonna start practicing better.  More wedge work, chipping, pitching etc.     

First world problem buddy. 😉 I've been struggling with the swing change, getting used to new irons and not playing up on Long Island for 5 weeks. Even with todays round, I'll go up a full stroke to a 14.2 tomorrow. It will turn around though...

As for your comment, yes, the Ghin still does the math, I was just surprised how different the # of strokes a player gets are now, as compared to the old system. It really rewards the players wo play the longer tee boxes in leagues and comps now. A lot of the sandbaggers who like to "move up" will go back to their proper tee now

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Don't worry. I never will!!!

Although as a Ranger fan, I've got to say, Messier=Messiah

I don't collect sports memorabilia, but one item I cherish is a framed, glass encased photo of Mark and Wayne on the Rangers bench. It was signed for me by both of them.  

Whoa! That's a slouvenir alright. Yep, Messier delievered...   nore more 1941 chants for us!! ( Ranger fan since 79... we didnt really know nuth bout hockey til a new neighbor moved in 1978)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Whoa! That's a slouvenir alright. Yep, Messier delievered...   nore more 1941 chants for us!! ( Ranger fan since 79... we didnt really know nuth bout hockey til a new neighbor moved in 1978)

It’s 1940 chants.....   I hated Islander fans.    

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

A lot of this depends on what you think "the shield" means.

For almost 40 years he apparently thought the shield was a pair of panties 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also coaching. No one says dunge or John fox were the greatest coaches of all time.

Hell people hate hates and say he is the worst QB offensive mind ever and Peyton broke records with him.

Peyton did it every season, on every team, with every teammate, and every coach. No one else can say that. I think the biggest argument for Peyton being goat is his lack of ever having a great coach and still being dominant.

Reggie Wayne was not special.  Nor were Clark and Garcon.  Peyton made them special.  
Harrison and Faulk were special.  No doubt.  So was Edgerrin James.  But he didn't have superstars surrounding him his whole career like some are saying.  His RB when he won his first title was Joseph friggin Addai.  And Marvin Harrison was 34 by then.
Furthermore, his defenses were awful. and he was constantly having to battle the cheating Pats for AFC dominance.  
History will look kinder on Peyton once its clearly revealed for the world to see that not one of Brady's titles were legitimate.  Not one.  


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

 

Im with NUT, I post my scores and let the Ghin system do it.   My index went from 12/4 to 12.6 but I am playing very poorly. Shot a 91 Saturday. haven't shot a 90 something in a while.  Gonna start practicing better.  More wedge work, chipping, pitching etc.     

It my time of the year down here, 75-82 and dry, its pure heaven to go out in the morning, low 70's and enjoy the day.  

Math sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

@Thai Jet and @southparkcpa

Just a quick (and sad) update. As usual, my short game has bit me in the a** once again.

Missed the green on 165 yard par 3, meh chip and two putts for a bogey four, another sloppy bogey on the 17th. I need an eagle on the long par 5 finishing hole to break 80. I have the same chance of doing that as I have of a super model hitting on me in the clubhouse. 😭

Oh well, I should make some nice change with a low net score though. Big field, big pot.  

The short game is everything as I've often been told.  I once, during a very dry season, hit a drive 365 yards , with a 1 iron,  onto the green. Putting for an eagle. 4 putted and took a bogey. I gave up golf shortly after. Too frustrating. lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...