Have We Ever Seen QB Numbers Like This Year's So Far?

PCP63

I mean, hell, at this point, if you've thrown for 450 yards and had 6 TDs with 1 Int with 65% completion, you're only around the middle on the stat board. Soon the NFL will start having NBA scores (exaggerating, of course). 

But I can say that I'm particularly impressed with Jackson, even if it's against crappy teams. 

• Thumb Down 1

I personally would like to see them get rid of some of the rules that favor the offense so heavily and balance the scales back out again.  Things like illegal contact, all the ridiculous roughing the passers, late hits, etc.  I want good hard hitting clean football, but the NFL has over corrected and made an offense only league.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I personally would like to see them get rid of some of the rules that favor the offense so heavily and balance the scales back out again.  Things like illegal contact, all the ridiculous roughing the passers, late hits, etc.  I want good hard hitting clean football, but the NFL has over corrected and made an offense only league.

Good luck with that even though every NFL player and fan agree with this. If anything it is going to get worse as the years wear on.

It's been happening for over a decade now and I can't see the pendulum swinging the other way.

51 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Ground and pound....  at the inception of the QB importance, we went ground and pound.

So Jets.....

Well, wtf were going to do? Try the run and shoot offense with Mark Sanchez as the leader? We went ground and pound because we had the talent to support that type offense. And it worked because the team went 20-12 in the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Not to mention we won FOUR playoff games with that approach to offense. Not attacking you here, but at least tell the truth. Ground and Pound was the ONLY approach to offense this team had at it's disposal given the way the roster was built. It's not like we had Peyton Manning on the bench.

Well, wtf were going to do? Try the run and shoot offense with Mark Sanchez as the leader? We went ground and pound because we had the talent to support that type offense. And it worked because the team went 20-12 in the 2009 and 2010 seasons. Not to mention we won FOUR playoff games with that approach to offense. Not attacking you here, but at least tell the truth. Ground and Pound was the ONLY approach to offense this team had at it's disposal given the way the roster was built. It's not like we had Peyton Manning on the bench.

Not hiring 4 straight Defense-minded HC’s after Parcells would have been a good start.
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I grew up watching football in the 2000s. In just a decade it feels like a different sport. These 400 yard 3 TD performances every week aren’t even exciting anymore because the defense has been completely neutered. 

imo it's because the colleges are all turning to chuck and duck type schemes.  wait until they start putting emphasis edge rushers. as for the comments about ground and pound, that strategy works.  ground and pound is a misnomer just as much as chuck and duck.  in both cases the teams need to pass and run.  it's the balance and the type of passing and running that's the difference.  one problem is that the colleges are chucking and ducking so the olines don't develop good run blocking.

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Most don't realize how right you are especially younger fans..Defense =:rip: