*****Official New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns Game Thread*****

JoeC36

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Bell has to keep the ball out of Mayfields hands by sustaining long drives and eating up a lot of time.  Our secondary just has to keep the WR's contained and I believe we can pull this out.

Unless GW pulls the bounty scheme tonight and Landry & Odell get injured, we are not containing the WRs.  I fear the Browns will score at will and the game will be over before halftime.

We have to do is find a way to win tonight, and the season is back on track.  Next week in NE is going to be rough, but did anyone watch that Eagles game last night.  They certainly looked beatable. 

A lot going against us, but if we can just find a way to get a win tonight, all is not lost.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

We have to do is find a way to win tonight, and the season is back on track.  Next week in NE is going to be rough, but did anyone watch that Eagles game last night.  They certainly looked beatable. 

A lot going against us, but if we can just find a way to get a win tonight, all is not lost.

Oy, 1.  Nobody's beating NE this year.  2) The Eagles looked beatable because their two top WRs got injured during the game (and Goedert didnt even dress).   If Jackson and Jeffrey are healthy when we play them, they wont be so beatable.   The Eagles biggest flaw is the lack of a starting caliber RB on their roster.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

A win tonight would give the team a huge boost of confidence. They gotta find a way. 

....BUT. I feel like if the Browns take the lead at any point. Even 7-0. The team is gonna feel defeated. 

When Darnold was announced out, I put $250 on the Browns -2.5 before the line jumped up to -6.5.

The way I see it it's a win win situation for me - if the Jets win, I'm happy to give up the $250.  If they lose...well then at least I made some cash to help lessen the sting.

HOWEVER - knowing my luck, the Jets will lose by 2 pts tonight....because God hates me.

The Baker Mayfield fans on this site are peeking our of their holes just waiting to assail us about how good their boy is and how bad our QBs spleen is.  For that reason alone I hope the Jets show up.

Hey! Maybe this is the game the president does something memorable to help us win a game?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.... Its go time!!!!!!!!

True story I have an electric football game Jets vs Browns to commemorate the first Monday nIght game, i've had it since I was a child stored away, one more of the things my wife says I should sell. 

You need to pull that bad boy out and run a simulation for tonight's game. To handicap it appropriately, Jets only get 10 guys on offense and defense.  

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. I figure it can't be worse than last year's debacle against the Brownies. That sucked.

21 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I don't know why, and its probably foolish, but for some reason i feel we win tonight, because everything we expect turns out to be the exact opposite.

Jets 27 Cle 24

Just hoping for a good game with positive development somewhere on the team.

The problem with Siemian is although he may be a competent QB, and he is very accurate when it comes to screens and slants, he has only average arm strength and is mostly ineffective throwing deep or to the sidelines.  Our hope rests on a big game from Bell and a lot of play action passes and screens.

• Upvote 1

This is either going the be like the battle  of Stirling Mel Gibson wins in "Braveheart", or the scene at the end when he gets drawn and quartered. I will be watching and hoping for the former rather than the later.

But if it's gonna be the later, may Nick Chubb go for 215 yards and 4 TDs or I will lose in fantasy. 

Go Jets! or something...

• Upvote 1

We almost won lost by only 1 point (missed FG missed extra point) against what looks to be a good opponent the Bills. And that was with a sick Qb. It was obvious Sam did not have his best game last week. Now we know what might have been the cause. It will be hard for Simien to match Baker he's not as good of a Qb. Baker can be dynamic he can also be below average. But our D is short of starters esp probably our best player. Can Simien move the O without making mistakes that can lose games. Just have an average showing, move the ball without turnovers. That's not impossible. He's a vet with over 20 starts. My concern is the secondary. Baker could on a good night torch them all evening. And he has the receivers to do it. But I'll be optimistic. Jets 20, Browns 17. Baker gets over 300 yards but only 17 points. For this to happen we need some turnovers a plus on our side. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Bell has to keep the ball out of Mayfields hands by sustaining long drives and eating up a lot of time.  Our secondary just has to keep the WR's contained and I believe we can pull this out.

Williams needs us to be in nickel zone coverage the entire night even first down

Our DBs cannot cover man to man

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Baker Mayfield fans on this site are peeking our of their holes just waiting to assail us about how good their boy is and how bad our QBs spleen is.  For that reason alone I hope the Jets show up.

Hey! Maybe this is the game the president does something memorable to help us win a game?

Baker stunk last week.  Maybe he goes nuts this week facing the Bad News Bears secondary and a DC who blitzes too much

19 minutes ago, deucebag said:

The problem with Siemian is although he may be a competent QB, and he is very accurate when it comes to screens and slants, he has only average arm strength and is mostly ineffective throwing deep or to the sidelines.  Our hope rests on a big game from Bell and a lot of play action passes and screens.

I couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 1