JoeC36

*****Official New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns Game Thread*****

I hate to say it because the circumstances are so sh*tty, but this game falls directly on Gase’s shoulders. I don’t expect them to win, but Gase has to find a way to keep the team from embarrassing themselves and to keep it close, at least. Every coach loses players throughout the season, and even though the team sucks, the head coach has to get the best out of what he has regardless. 

• Upvote 1

Also, Braylon Edwards was just on with Bart Scott and said some interesting sh*t about the Rex Jets. Basically, no one trusted Schottenheimer or Tannenbaum, and they all thought that paying Santonio was going to be a huge mistake. Edwards said he loved playing for the Jets, and his one regret was getting the DUI because he knew he wasn’t going to get re-signed because of it.

Just now, Losmeister said:

more accurate, i thik

Meh. Williams is a loon who won’t be with the team next year. We need to see Gase keep the squad on the right track in a lost season to have any confidence in him moving forward 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Williams is the best coach we have had in a very long time.  He will be here as long as he wants to be.

He doesn’t want to be an assistant and if the season goes bad, he’s definitely not going to be around. Dude tried to weasel his way onto the Redskins staff after it was announced he was signing here, which led to a week delay in him showing up for the job

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

for the record Williams is the only coach who got his players ready for the season and executed a winning game plan. Buffalo was shut out until injury and even then it took some pretty incredible plays by Buff to pull it off. Gase can change his image since only one game has been played but right now, make no mistake Gase is seen as the coaching problem, not Williams.

I hope gase figures out to use Bell and throw for 1st downs.

*also Williams could be a loon  but I like him

I like Williams, too, but I think the only way he’s here next year is if Gase implodes (or leaves for the Michigan State job) and Williams takes over as HC

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

What's his contract?

I think all we know is that it’s three years. We never found out the compensation 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on @T0mShane why so NY Jets negative in the game day thread. 

Dump some bleach around the studio apartment open up the windows, if you can peel the curtains/sheets/plastic table cloth off the windows wipe down the broken flat screen you found in the dumpster, pick up all the dirty laundry do the sniff test on the best Jets shirt you have and watch the game. Cheer the team on throw some positive vibes. 

I honestly feel like you spy on me and it’s troubling how plausible that possibility is 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Should I wear khakis, blue jeans, or short pants?

SAR I

Fleece(d)

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Gase looks spent

You don’t want to give a coach too much rope, but you have to feel for Gase, considering what he’s gone through here and in Miami

Just now, RobR said:

Can't go through 42 pages but what is the deal with Johnson. He didn't start and I haven't seen him play. 

It’d be refreshing if this is accountability, which we haven’t seen here since Mangini 

• Upvote 1

Sometimes when we touch

the honesty’s too much

and I have to close my eyyyyes and hiiiiiide

A3F2750B-E573-4163-9D82-5D8A6D902D53.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

Adams run blitzing directly into the correct running lane, absolutely obliterating the fullback, and never laying a finger on the back as he cruised by for a six-yard gain kind of sums up his career, huh

Not until he posts a video on Instagram of him hitting the fullback really hard

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GumboBoat said:

Get rid of Williams and Robbie. Trade Jamal

Maye is way better than Adams.

If you could get a one for Adams, you take it

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase plays scared. 

Gase is playing for 2021