*****Official New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns Game Thread*****

JoeC36

35 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Oy, 1.  Nobody's beating NE this year.  2) The Eagles looked beatable because their two top WRs got injured during the game (and Goedert didnt even dress).   If Jackson and Jeffrey are healthy when we play them, they wont be so beatable.   The Eagles biggest flaw is the lack of a starting caliber RB on their roster.

Sorry, but I am not prepared to give up on the season after 1 game.  I have done that the last few seasons and I am going to be optmistic until they beat every last opimistic bone out of my body. 

Which could happen tonight.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Numerical Roster

4 - Lachlan Edwards 6'4" 215 Sam Houston State (P)  
      8 - Luke Falk 6'4" 223 Washington State (QB)
      9 - Sam Ficken 6'1" 192 Penn State (PK) 
    10 - Braxton Berrios  5'9" 190  Miami (FL) (WR)  
    11 - Robby Anderson 6'3" 190 Temple (WR)  
    14 - Sam Darnold 6'3" 221 (QB) USC (OUT - Illness)
    15 - Josh Bellamy 6'0" 208 Louisville (WR)  
    18 - Demaryius Thomas 6'3" 225 Georgia Tech (WR) 
    19 - Trevor Siemian 6'3" 220 (QB) Northwestern  
    20 - Marcus Maye 6'0" 210 Florida  (S)   
    21 - Nate Hairston 6'0"185 Tulane (CB)   
    22 - Trumaine Johnson 6'1" 205 Montana (CB)    
    23 – Arthur Maulet 5’10” 190 Memphis (CB)  
    25 - Trenton Cannon 5'11" 185  (RB) Virginia State    
    26 - Le'Veon Bell 6'1" 225 (RB)Michigan State  
    27 - Darryl Roberts 6'0" 182 Marshall  (CB)   
    29 - Bilal Powell 5'10 205 (RB) Louisville
    32 - Bennett Jackson  6'0" 192  Notre Dame   (CB/S)   Waived
    33 - Jamal Adams 6'0" 214 LSU  (S) 
    34 - Brian Poole 5'10" 205 Florida (CB)  
    41 - Matthais Farley 5'11" 204  Temple (S)  
    42 - Thomas Hennessy 6'2" 246 Duke (LS)
    44 - Harvey Langi 6'2" 250 BYU (ILB)   
    45 - Rontez Miles 6'1" 210 California (PA) (S)  
    46 - Neville Hewitt 6'2" 234 Marshall (ILB)  
    47 - Albert McClellan 6'2" 235 Marshall (ILB)
    48 - Jordan Jenkins 6'3" 259 Georgia (OLB)   
    50 - Frankie Luvu 6'3" 235 Washington State (OLB)  
    53 - Blake Cashman 6'1" 237 Minnesota   (ILB)
    55 - Ryan Kalil 6"2" 300 USC (C)
    56 - John Franklin-Myers  6'4" 288  Stephen F Austin   (DE/OLB?)  
    57 - CJ Mosley 6'2" 250 Alabama (ILB)  (OUT)
    67 - Brian Winters 6'4" 320 Kent State (G)    
    68 - Kelvin Beachum 6"3" 303  SMU (T)   
    70 - Kelechi Osemele 6'5" 330 Iowa State (G)  
    71 - Alex Lewis 6'6" 315 Michigan (G)   
    72 - Brandon Shell 6'5" 325 South Carolina (T)  
    75 - Chuma Edoga 6'3" 308 (T) USC ( 
    77 - Tom Compton 6'6" 314 South Dakota (G/T) 
    78 - Jonotthan Harrison 6"4" 300 Florida (C)
    82 - Jamison Crowder 5'9" 177 Duke (WR)  
    84 - Ryan Griffin 6'6" 255 (TE)  UCONN
    85 - Trevon Wesco 6'3" 267 (TE)   West Virginia  
    87 - Daniel Brown 6'5" 243 (TE)  James Madison 
    88 - Ty Montgomery 6'0" 216 (RB) Stanford 
    91 - Bronson Kaufusi 6'6" 275 BYU (DE/OLB?) 
    92 - Leonard Williams 6'5 300 USC (DE/DT)  
    93 - Tarell Basham 6'4" 266 Ohio (OLB / DE?)      
    94 - Foley Fatukasi 6'4" 318 UCONN (DE/DT)     
    95 - Quinnen Williams 6'3" 303 Alabama  (DT) (OUT)
    96 - Henry Anderson 6'6" 300  Stanford (DE)   
    98 - Kyle Phillips 6'4" 277  Tennessee (DE/OLB?)  
    99 - Steve McLendon 6'3" 310 Troy (DT)  

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Baker stunk last week.  Maybe he goes nuts this week facing the Bad News Bears secondary and a DC who blitzes too much

All of our past 3 DCS/HCs blitzed too much.  One would think there might be a cause and effect here about drafting pass rushers vs run pluggers.

6 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

The loser of this game is staring at an 0-3 start. I think Cleveland's desperation, what with all the expectations, will result in them winning, say 24-17.

But I've been wrong before. If the Jets can pull this out, the carnival sideshow in Cleveland will be fun to watch...from afar.

:-)

Especially with the Steelers losing Big Ben for the year, the Browns are in a good shape if they can win this game. Browns will win but I feel that Jets fans are going to take more from this game than I think they should. 

It's a banged up team playing a desperate team . Proceed with caution on hot takes

You know how the Jets are infamous for getting beat by second string QBs coming out of the bullpen? I'll never forget the NY papers back in December 1981 mocking the Seahawks who were forced to start a guy from "Little Milton College" some kid named Dave Krieg. He threw for 2 TDs and ran for another beating the favored Jets on a 57 yarder to Steve Largent. It seems like the Jets were always the team to turn nobodies into somebodies, who knows, maybe tonight that'll change and Seiman ends up being the next Tom Brady. 

Does anybody else remember the 1st MNF game that Namath's Jets lost to Cleveland? The thing I remember the most about it was the 15 yard holding penalties against the Jets on every drive that they started moving the ball. I think on one drive they had to go like 180 yards to score. Frigging officials always have had it out for the Jets it seems. 

To be honest, I think I'd rather have Mosley at 100% in there tonight than Darnold at 100%.

Seimian is a more than serviceable backup especially if we can get bell into a rythum and better all round oline play.  Our offense can hold our own. I just don't see our D creating 4 more turnovers tonight.

7 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

Your New York Jets take on the Browns of Cleveland in a rematch of the first ever Monday Night Football game that took place in 1970 when @T0mShane was just ripping the heads of his sisters Barbie dolls, before becoming the sociopathic lunatic serial killer we know and love today. Anyway I digress. 

The Jets have their work cut out for them tonight missing half their team to injury and illness that usually only affects members of the high school band. 

The Browns come in with OBJ who insists on wearing a watch, when he all know he can't tell time unless its digital. 

Good luck to our Jets I hope they muzzle the Dawg pound and escape their own home stadium with a win. 

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, someone get me some booze. 

Welcome to the board. Look forward to seeing your contributions. I'm Crusher, ask me if you need anything. Cept, food. Foods mine. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Baker Mayfield fans on this site are peeking our of their holes just waiting to assail us about how good their boy is and how bad our QBs spleen is.  For that reason alone I hope the Jets show up.

Hey! Maybe this is the game the president does something memorable to help us win a game?

I love Mayfield. He's my favorite player in the league. I root for the Jets laundry though, so tonight I'll hate him for 4 hours.

My prediction for tonight? I've been saying for two weeks the Jets win this game. I said back then it would be more likely the Jets beat the Browns then the Bills. Siemian is not a downgrade from Darnold at this point in Sam's career, and he knows Gase's offense. Bell shows up, the D has had the time to adjust for Mosely's absence.

Home dog on Monday Night is a great bet. The Browns OL looked horrible last week in their loss at home, rookie HC, first road game... Jets 27 - Browns 23 

This has a “Vance Joseph Experiment” and the “Burning Pumpkin” game written all over it. Two games where we were slaughtered on MNF at home.

“Only Week 2” or not, this game pretty much is our season on the line. Hopefully the highly touted (sold) brilliance of Gase and G Williams will coach up the team to an upset win.

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I love Mayfield. He's my favorite player in the league. I root for the Jets laundry though, so tonight I'll hate him for 4 hours.

My prediction for tonight? I've been saying for two weeks the Jets win this game. I said back then it would be more likely the Jets beat the Browns then the Bills. Siemian is not a downgrade from Darnold at this point in Sam's career, and he knows Gase's offense. Bell shows up, the D has had the time to adjust for Mosely's absence.

Home dog on Monday Night is a great bet. The Browns OL looked horrible last week in their loss at home, rookie HC, first road game... Jets 27 - Browns 23 

Why is Mayfield your favorite player? 

I hate to say it because the circumstances are so sh*tty, but this game falls directly on Gase’s shoulders. I don’t expect them to win, but Gase has to find a way to keep the team from embarrassing themselves and to keep it close, at least. Every coach loses players throughout the season, and even though the team sucks, the head coach has to get the best out of what he has regardless. 

• Upvote 1

Also, Braylon Edwards was just on with Bart Scott and said some interesting sh*t about the Rex Jets. Basically, no one trusted Schottenheimer or Tannenbaum, and they all thought that paying Santonio was going to be a huge mistake. Edwards said he loved playing for the Jets, and his one regret was getting the DUI because he knew he wasn’t going to get re-signed because of it.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.... Its go time!!!!!!!!

True story I have an electric football game Jets vs Browns to commemorate the first Monday nIght game, i've had it since I was a child stored away, one more of the things my wife says I should sell. 

3 hours ago, fings1 said:

You need to pull that bad boy out and run a simulation for tonight's game. To handicap it appropriately, Jets only get 10 guys on offense and defense.  

Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. I figure it can't be worse than last year's debacle against the Brownies. That sucked.

The game has been updated and now the pieces hold out, get mono, take plays off and a variety of other modern wonders in hotel lobby's.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe Simian gives us a boost compared to Sammy spit swapper but did you see our defense last week when CJ Mosley went out? Did you Joe? Did you?

I lean this way too Crush....

I hope I am wrong and we come out and beat the Browns @$$ .... Lets go JETS

• Upvote 1