*****Official New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns Game Thread*****

JoeC36

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Meh. Williams is a loon who won’t be with the team next year. We need to see Gase keep the squad on the right track in a lost season to have any confidence in him moving forward 

I just don't what the justification would be to fire him after one year with these injuries. Then again the Cardinals fired their head coach after one year.

Well, I think the gameplan  is much the same as it was for Buffalo (and couldn't execute for 60 minutes)? Stop the running game by stacking the box and challenge Mayfield to beat us through the air. The Titans used that very same plan and pushed Mayfield into 3 interceptions. That's a winning formula, if the Jets can actually execute it.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Williams is the best coach we have had in a very long time.  He will be here as long as he wants to be.

He doesn’t want to be an assistant and if the season goes bad, he’s definitely not going to be around. Dude tried to weasel his way onto the Redskins staff after it was announced he was signing here, which led to a week delay in him showing up for the job

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Meh. Williams is a loon who won’t be with the team next year. We need to see Gase keep the squad on the right track in a lost season to have any confidence in him moving forward 

for the record Williams is the only coach who got his players ready for the season and executed a winning game plan. Buffalo was shut out until injury and even then it took some pretty incredible plays by Buff to pull it off. Gase can change his image since only one game has been played but right now, make no mistake Gase is seen as the coaching problem, not Williams.

I hope gase figures out to use Bell and throw for 1st downs.

*also Williams could be a loon  but I like him

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

for the record Williams is the only coach who got his players ready for the season and executed a winning game plan. Buffalo was shut out until injury and even then it took some pretty incredible plays by Buff to pull it off. Gase can change his image since only one game has been played but right now, make no mistake Gase is seen as the coaching problem, not Williams.

But again how can you judge coaching problems with all these injuries?

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

*also Williams could be a loon  but I like him

I like Williams, too, but I think the only way he’s here next year is if Gase implodes (or leaves for the Michigan State job) and Williams takes over as HC

• Upvote 1

Come on @T0mShane why so NY Jets negative in the game day thread. 

Dump some bleach around the studio apartment open up the windows, if you can peel the curtains/sheets/plastic table cloth off the windows wipe down the broken flat screen you found in the dumpster, pick up all the dirty laundry do the sniff test on the best Jets shirt you have and watch the game.Walk down to the soup kitchen and hope they serving broccoli soup so you can eat green too!  Cheer the team on throw some positive vibes. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

I'm fully loaded with pessimism at this point.  I don't see any scenario where we win tonight.  I have little faith in Gase to scheme his way to a productive offense tonight, given what we saw last week.  And we all know our D, despite all that investment, is a weak unit without Mosely (and QW I suppose) and the Browns will be looking to run it up after embarrassing themselves last week.  This looks set to be a blowout.

And it's awful hard to get up for Trevor Siemian.  

Browns 31 - Jets 10?  Feels like that tbh.

Ok Coach Gase, show us, prove me wrong.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on @T0mShane why so NY Jets negative in the game day thread. 

Dump some bleach around the studio apartment open up the windows, if you can peel the curtains/sheets/plastic table cloth off the windows wipe down the broken flat screen you found in the dumpster, pick up all the dirty laundry do the sniff test on the best Jets shirt you have and watch the game. Cheer the team on throw some positive vibes. 

I honestly feel like you spy on me and it’s troubling how plausible that possibility is 

Just now, Warfish said:

I'm fully loaded with pessimism at this point.  I don't see any scenario where we win tonight.  I have little faith in Gase to scheme his way to a productive offense tonight, given what we saw last week.  And we all know our D, despite all that investment, is a weak unit without Mosely (and QW I suppose) and the Browns will be looking to run it up after embarrassing themselves last week.  This looks set to be a blowout.

How much did Sam's illness have to do with that though? And now he is even more hamstrung. I believe in fair play for all

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok Coach Gase, show us, prove me wrong.  

If they have to rely on one defender we are in deep sh*t from the word go. I hope that's not the case. They still need more players on both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I hate to say it because the circumstances are so sh*tty, but this game falls directly on Gase’s shoulders. I don’t expect them to win, but Gase has to find a way to keep the team from embarrassing themselves and to keep it close, at least. Every coach loses players throughout the season, and even though the team sucks, the head coach has to get the best out of what he has regardless. 

new-jets-coach-adam-gase-says-he-doesn-t-know-what-a-meme-is-despite-becoming-a-meme__94364_.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2