*****Official New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns Game Thread*****

JoeC36

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it’s shameful to be pissed at the GM that led this team to 24-40 over a 4-year period and is the architect of this trash heap 2019 squad you predicted would head to the playoffs.

Say “JV squad” one more time and you’re headed to ignore.

Well good thing that GM is gone 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it’s shameful to be pissed at the GM that led this team to 24-40 over a 4-year period and is the architect of this trash heap 2019 squad you predicted would head to the playoffs.

Say “JV squad” one more time and you’re headed to ignore.

It's not the JV squad, simpleton.  It's the POP WARNER squad.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet we still feel the effects of his horrendous tenure. And will continue to do so for the next several seasons as well.

Got news for ya the current GM ain’t looking great either

Fire Gase and Douglas.  Promote Williams and offer Scott McCloughan the GM job

Only way we avoid wasting Darnold 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Best at chasing after wr’s leaving them in the dust.

I don’t disagree that those guys are overhyped, but this game was not about the defense.

We had 4 passing yards at halftime. We didn’t have an NFL offense for most of the night.

It’s a miracle that we only gave up 23 considering how bad the offense was 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What, precisely, should Douglas have done? Who was he going to find in August and September that was going to make a difference?

This is why you fire your scrub GM before the draft and free agency. There’s really nothing to be done of any significance until the offseason 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t disagree that those guys are overhyped, but this game was not about the defense.

We had 4 passing yards at halftime. We didn’t have an NFL offense for most of the night.

Gase just sucks 

Instead of going to shotgun and 4 wide to spread the field he’s having Trevor do 5 step drops while our OL is getting trashed 

And the screen passes!  Browns defenders read Gase’s screens all night

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

What, precisely, should Douglas have done? Who was he going to find in August and September that was going to make a difference?

This is why you fire your scrub GM before the draft and free agency. There’s really nothing to be done of any significance until the offseason 

One word: Vedvik

Nothing Douglas has done so far has worked.  This guy looks like another Idzik or Macagnan 

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Douglas hasn’t had the opportunity to have any impact on the roster yet. Ain’t happening. Neither will Gase be going anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully, both these dudes get rid of the waste products Macc has poisoned us with. Adams, Leo, Maye, Winters, Khalil, Beachum, Tru Johnson, Etc etc etc. This team needs to be wiped clean and remade from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

One word: Vedvik

Nothing Douglas has done so far has worked.  This guy looks like another Idzik or Macagnan 

Nate Hairston looks like a decent corner. I mean, idk what exactly you expect him to do. Most of the moves he has made are little waiver wire transactions that neither make or break anything. He hasn’t had an opportunity to do anything of significance. You don’t come in here and just start trading high draft capital left and right. I’m sure he wants to have a decent sized first draft. Can Jets fans shut up and wait for the guy to spend some time behind the desk first. I understand the injuries and results are frustrating and it feels like we haven’t been able to catch a break in 50 years but this isn’t on Jos Douglas.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Douglas hasn’t had the opportunity to have any impact on the roster yet. Ain’t happening. Neither will Gase be going anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully, both these dudes get rid of the waste products Macc has poisoned us with. Adams, Leo, Maye, Winters, Khalil, Beachum, Tru Johnson, Etc etc etc. This team needs to be wiped clean and remade from scratch.

The real problem is at the top the Johnsons still meddle and run the show 

The jets were horrible under Hess until he told Parcells the team is yours you make all decisions 

I don’t think the Johnsons are smart enough to do that with a Jim Harbaugh 

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nate Hairston looks like a decent corner. I mean, idk what exactly you expect him to do. Most of the moves he has made are little waiver wire transactions that neither make or break anything. He hasn’t had an opportunity to do anything of significance. You don’t come in here and just start trading high draft capital left and right. I’m sure he wants to have a decent sized first draft. Can Jets fans shut up and wait for the guy to spend some time behind the desk first. I understand the injuries and results are frustrating and it feels like we haven’t been able to catch a break in 50 years but this isn’t on Jos Douglas.

The dude thought Vedvik could be a nfl kicker

And now you can’t wait to see his drafts?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I'd be fine if we offered Scott McCloughan a head scout type job.  I'm a fan of Joe Douglas though and I think it's crazy to call for his firing right now.  He hasn't had a chance to do anything yet.  Even Gase has only had 2 games here and lost his QB (who is the linchpin of the offense) and Mosley (who is the linchpin of the defense).

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I remember that some people on here were giving me crap for saying the same thing.  I still don't understand WTF CJ was thinking letting a GM who was on the way out the door run the draft and spend $100M in FA.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

For sure, but given the sheer amount of resources spent on the defense, there's no excuse for stuff like that 89-yard TD to Beckham or that 20-yard completion just before halftime that handed the Browns another 3 points.

Leo sucks, Trumaine Johnson sucks, Adams and Maye are always a step slow and we burned a # 3 overall pick on yet another DT who already has health issues and probably isn't a pass rusher.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I remember that some people on here were giving me crap for saying the same thing.  I still don't understand WTF CJ was thinking letting a GM who was on the way out the door run the draft and spend $100M in FA.

Because Macc wasn't headed just out the door.  It took convincing from Crazy Eyes to finally fire him.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure, but given the sheer amount of resources spent on the defense, there's no excuse for stuff like that

This is the problem right here. 

With all of the first rounders and big contracts put into the defense over the years, it should be better than it is.

But that is mainly because Macc repeatedly took safe prospects at relatively low impact positions. It really sucks, but there is nothing we can do about it until the offseason 

Hopefully, Douglas knows what he is doing 

• Upvote 1