Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of Reason

NFL Injuries (Beyond Jets)

Thanks The Voice of Reason this got buried by anther poster who started the same thread that you did 2 hours ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Amazing how every team kept their starters off the field to keep them healthy during
the pre-season.  And then within 2 games tons of starters are now out for an extended
amount of time

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Most teams that are built to win should have QBs who can take over and take the team forward.  

The Jets with Siemian have a capable back up.   Foles, Bridgewater and even Mason Rudolph qualify. 

So just because Darnold is out SHOULD NOT mean that the Jets were doomed.  

But it’s the overall shape of the Jets’ roster, and their other injuries and suspensions, that make winning the next 5  games pretty unlikely.  Darnold made them a bit better to give him a shot perhaps last week and this week.   Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but it does not look good. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, varjet said:

But it’s the overall shape of the Jets’ roster, and their other injuries and suspensions, that make winning the next 5  games pretty unlikely.  Darnold made them a bit better to give him a shot perhaps last week and this week.   Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but it does not look good. 

Exactly. And it is interesting to see that as the offseason went on, I think people became aware that if all went right the Jets were an 8-8 esque team. 

Now with the injuries, they are probably back to 4 or 5.

• Upvote 1

Thomas will count for $2.8 million against the Jets’ cap, which includes a $93,375 roster bonus for each week he’s on the 46-man roster, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini. Thomas is questionable to suit up for his first game with the Jets on Monday Night Football, as he is battling a hamstring injury.

• Butt Fumble 1

31 minutes ago, KRL said:

Amazing how every team kept their starters off the field to keep them healthy during
the pre-season.  And then within 2 games tons of starters are now out for an extended
amount of time

Its almost like preseason matters

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The pig is ripe! 

Too bad we are armed with butter knives.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WOW even NE is hurting. 

Glitch in the matrix.  It will be fixed and you won't remember anything about it by tomorrow.

• Haha 1

The Eagles have lost Malik Jackson and Tim Jernigan in consecutive weeks.  The DL is about the only area we have quality depth.

If I'm Joe Douglas, I'm reaching out to my old boss and see how I can help them out, as they are obviously in win now mode.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Eagles have lost Malik Jackson and Tim Jernigan in consecutive weeks.  The DL is about the only area we have quality depth.

If I'm Joe Douglas, I'm reaching out to my old boss and see how I can help them out, as they are obviously in win now mode.

Give them Leo for what though??? what player would they be willing to part with... The whole league has a CB issue. I doubt they trade one of them. Jets don't need more RBs. Both Jeffery and Jackson went down last night, so I doubt they would give up Agholor. 

If only the NY Jets were healthy and we had some depth we could run the tables on the NFL other teams wouldn't know what hit them. 

Eagles injuries. 

WR DeSean Jackson (groin): Jackson played 10 snaps in the first halfon Sunday before leaving the game, slamming his helmet in frustration and not returning. Pederson confirmed the injury happened in-game.

WR Alshon Jeffery (calf): Jeffery played six snaps against the Falconsbefore retreating to the sideline and, like Jackson, not returning after halftime. Pederson confirmed the injury happened in-game.

TE Dallas Goedert (calf): The second-year tight end came out for pregame warm-ups just before kickoff and then retreated to the locker room after apparently hurting his calf. Goedert had a calf injury he dealt with throughout the preseason too. Pederson said it was the same calf.

“We evaluated Dallas," Pederson said. "He was feeling something there, we evaluated him pregame and just decided to hold him at that point.”

DT Timmy Jernigan (foot): Per reports, Jernigan could miss up to a month with an injury he suffered in the first half. Pederson said he “feels that in his gut” that Jernigan’s injury could be the worst of the bunch.

RB Corey Clement (shoulder): Clement hurt his shoulder on a costly third quarter play where he fumbled away a kick return and set the Falcons up for a scoring drive. He hadn’t been playing much on offense. He was seen with his arm in a sling after the game. Pederson didn’t provide any updates about Clement.

Tons of injuries... At least Sam didnt tear a ligament... Geez that sucks for both these teams... Saints go from 12 wins to 8 and steelers are all but guaranteed a below 7 win season... 

Jets can still make the playoffs if this falls right