Not who will win, but who you think should win Oscars

SouthernJet

What, no love for the Rump Wranglers?

I am sure they will win, my post was who should win.

Brokeback was a very good movie, but not great.

I actually thought jake did a better job than Heath.

It was a very good movie, just not as good as some of the others.

For me, Crash was just okay. It seemed to be trying to hard to make a point. Then at the end, I found myself asking, "What was the point?"

Joachin Pheonix will deservedly win. Although Hoffman was awesome as Capote.

I agree with you with Giamatti. I also wasn't very fond of A History of Violence.

Greasy Reesy or Charlize will probably win, I haven't seen any of the others. The clips that I have seen of Transamerica looked kind of silly.

Weisz was good in The Constant Gardener, Keener was excellent.

For me, Crash was just okay. It seemed to be trying to hard to make a point. Then at the end, I found myself asking, "What was the point?"

Joachin Pheonix will deservedly win. Although Hoffman was awesome as Capote.

I agree with you with Giamatti. I also wasn't very fond of A History of Violence.

Greasy Reesy or Charlize will probably win, I haven't seen any of the others. The clips that I have seen of Transamerica looked kind of silly.

Weisz was good in The Constant Gardener, Keener was excellent.

very good flick. you have to be into Indys though or you will be bored by the lack of Hollywood formula and the focus on interesting dialogue.

very good flick. you have to be into Indys though or you will be bored by the lack of Hollywood formula and the focus on interesting dialogue.

I like good movies. Usually they're the ones without a Hollywood formula. I'll have to check it out.

BTW, my favorite last year was Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. Brilliantly done, Downey Jr. deserved an oscar nod for his performance.

Last weekend I went to see The Matador. 2006 is going to have to produce some excellent movies to top that one. Brosnan is fantastic.

I like good movies. Usually they're the ones without a Hollywood formula. I'll have to check it out.

BTW, my favorite last year was Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. Brilliantly done, Downey Jr. deserved an oscar nod for his performance.

Last weekend I went to see The Matador. 2006 is going to have to produce some excellent movies to top that one. Brosnan is fantastic.

wow.

Kiss kiss is my favorite flick from last year also (been tryin to get greengal to go see),,,

also we saw matador on opening nite and loved it,,,,,,

I wouldnt become a Pats fan for all the "Teenage Tw&t in Thailand"

SJ, if you love dialogue-driven cinema, you must like Kevin Smith's stuff.

If you get a chance, check out An Evening with Kevin Smith. It's basically just Q-n-A sessions at universities. The guy knows how to tell a story. Very entertaining.

wow.

Kiss kiss is my favorite flick from last year also (been tryin to get greengal to go see),,,

also we saw matador on opening nite and loved it,,,,,,

I wouldnt become a Pats fan for all the "Teenage Tw&t in Thailand"

Whoah timeout!!?? Greengal is your wife?? Does she know about your "friend"?

haha, no.

greengal and i talk via this forum about movies,,,

and on the other question, my real wife doesnt know about max and i

Ahhhh ok. I seriously read that wrong lol.

As for movies, I don't go to them anymore. I saw Traffic when it came out, just as the movie was starting some 350 pound black guy was talking on his cell phone loudly. A gentleman behind him kindly asked if he could keep it down to which he was greeted with a loud "Who the f*ck you talkin' to MF!! I will whoop your sorry white ass into the ground!!". He then proceeded to talk loudly. Numerous complaints were made but management did nothing. I think they were just as scared of the guy as everyone in the theater.

I vowed I'd never go back until LOR: return of the king. I go late at night on a weekday figuring it would be quiet. This time a 350 pound white guy walks in with a glad bag of popcorn, a giant soda, and 2 boxes of raisinets. Just as soon as the movie starts he falls asleep with his head resting on top of the popcorn and snoring so loud (he was actually blowing popcorn out of the bag with each snore) you could hear it across the theater over the movie!! I threw some icecubes his way to make some noise and wake him up, which worked a couple times. Finally I got fed up and fired one right at his head. It bounced off his skull and he turned around to look who threw it. I would have gotten away with it except for the fact that I was in the midst of my Bob Gibson follw through because I threw it so damn hard. He left the theater, I presumed to get management. After the movie ended I figured he just left, but sure enough he was waiting outside for me. He said to me "You know I should kick your punk ass for what you did". I said he could go ahead and try but " I didn't pay $40 for me and my wife to listen to your fat ass snore for 3 hours". That is and will be the last time I EVER go to the movies.

Ahhhh ok. I seriously read that wrong lol.

As for movies, I don't go to them anymore. I saw Traffic when it came out, just as the movie was starting some 350 pound black guy was talking on his cell phone loudly. A gentleman behind him kindly asked if he could keep it down to which he was greeted with a loud "Who the f*ck you talkin' to MF!! I will whoop your sorry white ass into the ground!!". He then proceeded to talk loudly. Numerous complaints were made but management did nothing. I think they were just as scared of the guy as everyone in the theater.

I vowed I'd never go back until LOR: return of the king. I go late at night on a weekday figuring it would be quiet. This time a 350 pound white guy walks in with a glad bag of popcorn, a giant soda, and 2 boxes of raisinets. Just as soon as the movie starts he falls asleep with his head resting on top of the popcorn and snoring so loud (he was actually blowing popcorn out of the bag with each snore) you could hear it across the theater over the movie!! I threw some icecubes his way to make some noise and wake him up, which worked a couple times. Finally I got fed up and fired one right at his head. It bounced off his skull and he turned around to look who threw it. I would have gotten away with it except for the fact that I was in the midst of my Bob Gibson follw through because I threw it so damn hard. He left the theater, I presumed to get management. After the movie ended I figured he just left, but sure enough he was waiting outside for me. He said to me "You know I should kick your punk ass for what you did". I said he could go ahead and try but " I didn't pay $40 for me and my wife to listen to your fat ass snore for 3 hours". That is and will be the last time I EVER go to the movies.

ya i hear ya. thats why the Independent movie theaters are best. the crowd there is always respectful.

On the main chains, luckily i go so much tha tthe secrity guys at the local raleigh chain i go to knows me and all i do is walk out and tell him and no questions asked. he gives one warning and then tosses.

I had a chick do the same thing on cell, talk back to me when i said clam up. she said 'i will talk all nit if i want' ,,,i said that might be but it wont be here', i walked out and my security friend booted her with no warning and the whole place applauded as she took her sorry ass out. they also gave me free passes for the hassle.

Again, Indy movie houses never present a problem.

i have not seen capote or transamerica so i can't make comments on those.

i thought crash was very good - don't know if it was the best this year (maybe)

reece witherspoon was outstanding in Walk the Line

how could wedding crasher's not be nominated? i think the academy is a little too full of themselves. comedy is a genre just like drama or horror and wedding crashers was, imo, at a minimum the best comedy of the year and maybe the best movie of the year.

Archived